K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Exo has indeed hits unlike SVT but let’s not act exols weren’t like armys. 

and yet Growl will still outlive svt's entire discography. Enjoy your UL conspiracy theories though. :matty:

2 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Also zombie streaming or not there is no excuse to EXO being in hiatus since 2019 and none of these “new 4th gen it bgs” or SVT and NCT their “peers” not passing them or even getting half of that streams EXO has, a lot of you have a hate boner towards them but be honest with yourselves for once.

Haven't been a stan since 2015 but this is 100% true. SM has been in shambles internally since like 2018 with bad leadership decisions and we're just starting to see the worst effects of it. It's going to keep getting worse until the shareholders decide to do something. SHINee has had more of a push from 2018-current than EXO, which while I love that for them, EXO was trading blows with BTS and Bigbang at their peak and SHINee wasn't. SME still have 1st pick of most idols and access to the best creatives in the global entertainment industry so the output is good but it's not looking good for them. :rip: It really has nothing to do with demand, almost every act at SM is in crisis 24/7.

• EXO has been completely abandoned in favor of Baekhyun(a repeat of a catastrophic mistake they made just a few years back with SNSD). He will 100% remain as active as the rest of his group combined after his return. 
  • BoA is still getting 1st pick of songs from their camps and is even now using actually viable idols to prop her dying career up(the way not even this worked for her for more than one song :dies:).
  • NCT has been such a focus for the company that even their members have complained about the pressure being put on them by the company. Even being the obvious top priority of SME, even they're facing constant delays and cancellations of their plans with Shotaro being one of the fiercest male idols of his generation just floating in limbo for literal years(Henry 2.0).
  • RV had back to back global hits with BB and Psycho and next to no promotions outside of Korea. They could have spiked in sales years sooner with the tiniest bit of support and a real world tour.
  • Every other Taeyeon comeback being a miserable attempt to hop on a radio trend despite it flopping/underperforming literally almost every single time. Her getting minimal support in Japan despite SNSD being a million seller just a few years before her solo debut.
  • SNSD being sabotaged at every turn as a group since 2014.(The biggest girl group of all time didn't have a lightstick until after their permanent hiatus :dies:)
  • Literally everything about aespa except for the girls and the songs they've given being botched beyond repair. How are you going to go from the biggest female debut since the days of Twice and Blackpink even in spite of the corniest branding of all time then just release one mini in a WHOLE calendar year and pin it to the thing that nobody likes about them? :bibliahh:
Edited by Century

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

Wendy's voice is literally perfect :chick3:

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Sept said:

Imagine this as aespa's title track

It's perfect for the "killing Black Mamba" act tbh :deadbanana: A wasted hit

Stiff wrote the song, not just the lyrics. It wasn't going to any other group. Another potential smash from Hitfany I fear :gaygacat3:

5 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Is that why they are trying to block their PAK  :skull:

ooh the quotes are not cute… okay maybe the switching has already started 

11 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

you know a girl group is thriving when even boy groups fans are pressed about their success 

13 minutes ago, Sept said:

Not this random release doing better than GOT :redface:

Boa, the chart poison :redface:

Why do I come into this thread and see people trying to act like Seventeen is nugu or something :biblio:

Left & Right, Rock with You and Hot are all HITS!!! PUT SOME RESPECT ON THEIR NAMES. I don't want to come into this thread again and see one more disrespectful thing about them.

48 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Their own army has weak defenses these days. only 1k quote tweets? Back in their prime they could drag a tweet with 100k. :redface:

24 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Boa, the chart poison :redface:

Looks like the real villain is The Black BoA and not The Black Mamba

2 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

spacer.png

one of the greatest songs of all time tbh :jonny6:

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

Wendy's voice is literally perfect :chick3:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Imagine this as aespa's title track

It's perfect for the "killing Black Mamba" act tbh :deadbanana: A wasted hit

this would flop harder than girls as a title track :swan:

Just now, JoanneActII said:

this would flop harder than girls as a title track :swan:

yup, this is why you cant listen to fans ideas seriously. they always want the worst b-sides as title tracks when you'd know they'd flop into oblivion

excluding love foolish by Twice which should have been a double a-side :giraffe:

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

the way he milked army’s dry & even still continues to do so to fund superior groups. 

spacer.png

Armys always lose when HYBE trashes BTS lmfao whatre they gonna do, stop supporting BTS? BoTS are never gonna do that lmao

59 minutes ago, Sept said:

Not this random release doing better than GOT :redface:

I mean Melomance had one of the biggest hits of last year and are generally pretty popular so.

1 hour ago, BigBangStan said:

Pretty much everyone saw this coming the minute NJ started smashing out of the gate. It was only a matter of time really 

Edited by Billionaire

1 minute ago, MingYouToo said:

Armys always lose when HYBE trashes BTS lmfao whatre they gonna do, stop supporting BTS? BoTS are never gonna do that lmao

right… they are gunna whine about it for a minute, then get over it and get right back to mass streaming & mass buying. i can’t even be mad because army’s are securing the bag for groups i actually like. eventually those groups will get big enough where HYBE doesn’t even need BTS & i’m willing to bet army’s will STILL be filling HYBE’s pockets. new jeans is literally already on track to replace them & all their groups are seeing constant steady growth across the board.

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

I mean Melomance had one of the biggest hits of last year and are generally pretty popular so.

Pretty much everyone saw this coming the minute NJ started smashing out of the gate. It was only a matter of time really 

Yep, once they blew up, I already expected comments like: "They truly spend BTS money to promote this new GG" Like I'm so sick of this template. Watch some blinks use this template too when Baemon start dominating. 

Armys need a slice of humble pie tbh while BTS created HYBE BTS will not survive without them as well lol no Korean label would be able to carry the BTS brand except HYBE.

and if the fans revolt what? Theyre gonna stop supporting their oppars? Whom they dearly love? To teach the corporate overlords not to mess with them? 

16 hours ago, katyberry said:

Now it makes sense why they got a comeback...if only SM executed it correctly!  Another example of them fumbling the bag again

Streets calling DJ Hyo a liar 🤥 

Nzbkbrj.gif

2 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Was the tea with SVT, aren't they big domestically? It seems like they have huge streams on Korean platforms, and wasn't "don't wanna cry" a big hit in Korea or something? @Witnessed ET

They obviously have a big fanbase, and their hits might not be as big as the biggest hits of their 3rd gen counterparts like EXO, BTS or Love Scenario, but they still have moderately performing songs on the k-charts. 
and Don’t Wanna Cry was more global,  hence the numbers, but it still did pretty well in Korea. 

57 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Why do I come into this thread and see people trying to act like Seventeen is nugu or something :biblio:

Left & Right, Rock with You and Hot are all HITS!!! PUT SOME RESPECT ON THEIR NAMES. I don't want to come into this thread again and see one more disrespectful thing about them.

Right. Like wtf

So what if they don’t have mega smashes in Korea, they still have multiple top 10s and more top 20s and 30s. That’s how you know they’re consistent and have been for years now, so how are their Melon streams not believable?
There’s literally no use of dragging them to validate EXO’s hits. And I’m saying this as someone who ADORES EXO. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

29 minutes ago, AbsynthPop said:

Streets calling DJ Hyo a liar 🤥 

Nzbkbrj.gif

the streets = bitter, insecure & jobless blinks 

Slap Hit Face GIF - Slap Hit Face Oh No GIFs

Edited by katyberry