K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

14 hours ago, Cheers said:

They try to jump me every time I say this. The modern day T-ARA with less bops!

We will be on the right side of history, don’t worry! 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Sis, I prefer Rose’s avocado vocal tone over Miyeon any day everyday (I was even fighting with somebody yesterday who put Miyeon over Liz in vocal tone)….but you CANNOT deny that she is leagues above any of the BP members in vocal technique

nicki.png

this is like asking who's the faster turtle

lol

• Confused 1

I'm not even trying to be rude but how does someone genuinely stan this? :deadbanana2: Like it's not even about it being a drawing but the shoddy animation more than anything I think

Rose voice sounds more open and this was during her debut years which was 5 years ago

while 

Miyeon's voice is just last year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Sis, I prefer Rose’s avocado vocal tone over Miyeon any day everyday (I was even fighting with somebody yesterday who put Miyeon over Liz in vocal tone)….but you CANNOT deny that she is leagues above any of the BP members in vocal technique

nicki.png

She can be better than Wendy when it comes to technique, aaand?? Still no range, if there's something BP lacks is range, no technique. 

3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Rose voice sounds more open and this was during her debut years which was 5 years ago

while 

Miyeon's voice is just last year

No because why rosé renewed. Even teddy is badly leaving YG :rip:

Imagine being both Miyeon and Liz, two main vocalists, there being literally 0 competition in the market(within their Gen ofc) , yet not being in the top 5 vocalist:rip: are they even top 10?

Edited by MusicFan98
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I feel like trying to discredit BP's talents because they all sing in a stylistic way is lame... it's not really the idols' fault if they are not taught to sing the "correct" way, and it's an artistic choice anyway

not many GGs can command a stage like the pinks 

even if you wanna compare them to 2NE1, CL was indeed fantastic, but as a group Lisa-Jennie-Rosé are stronger than 2NE1 as a whole on stage, and I love both groups equally

yunjin-serving.thumb.gif.d449bb0a8377901

• Like 3

the girls on here are getting too comfortable dragging the bp girls for no reason especially mother jisoo and its the usual ugly suspects too

329945024_143467945237415_32302954619080

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I wonder how BP songs would have sounded like with an actual technically sound vocalist like Miyeon in the group though, Roseanne with her avocado voice can only help so much rn

No shade to Miyeon but your post makes it seem like Miyeon is a Wendy-Taeyeon level of vocalist 

She MIGHT be sliiiiightly better than Rose i guess? but that wouldn't make much of difference, especially for Blackpink's songs and their style

11 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

I'm not even trying to be rude but how does someone genuinely stan this? :deadbanana2: Like it's not even about it being a drawing but the shoddy animation more than anything I think

they actually have really cute personalities 
hiding-shady.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hindsight said:

I feel like trying to discredit BP's talents because they all sing in a stylistic way is lame... it's not really the idols' fault if they are not taught to sing the "correct" way, and it's an artistic choice anyway

not many GGs can command a stage like the pinks 

even if you wanna compare them to 2NE1, CL was indeed fantastic, but as a group Lisa-Jennie-Rosé are stronger than 2NE1 as a whole on stage, and I love both groups equally

it's like discrediting Adele and Xtina just because they dont have the vocal coach techniques

i'd take Xtina especially at her peak and of course Adele than whoever opera singer that was classically trained for 10 years having perfect techniques

if I wanna listen based on techniques then watch vocal coaches on youtube not POP singers 

Rosé is better than Miyeon, even if it's not that much, but yeah they were literally fighting for that Bom spot on BP so it's not like any is known for being a vocalist lol

I think IDLE is like BP on that aspect - Soyeon prioritizes tone and delivery, and does her best to hide the fact that Shuhua can't sing at all 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

No shade to Miyeon but your post makes it seem like Miyeon is a Wendy-Taeyeon level of vocalist 

She MIGHT be sliiiiightly better than Rose i guess? but that wouldn't make much of difference, especially for Blackpink's songs and their style

exactly

in singing as long as it SOUNDS good that's fine

in dancing as long as it LOOKS good that's fine

only jobless gays in atrl care so much 

that's why KOREAN GP love BPs encore LIVE because they deliver

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hindsight said:

Somi's gay diva era is kind of the best thing she's ever done solo, I didn't know she had it in her lol

The day Teddy finally ditches hip-hop beats and KSHMR sample packs from 2014 and switches to gay bops only will be iconic. Perhaps Somi smashing is a sign

The I-Land 2 girls are winning

2 minutes ago, New Edition said:

I feel like Somi has more star power now than most of the BP members (not all).

not star power lol

better term is stage presence

except for Lisa, just proves Somi is an example that stage presence or command can be trained and it's not something you're born with

who knew that Somi will have such stage execution now if you were watching her Birthday debut song 

• Like 1

Baemon having zero promotions kinda sends, they really said enjoy this quick debut video and song until we get our shxt together 

I think it would be Day 1 for TikTok and non-kpop stans

And Kingdom Come within Kpop stan circles :katie2: Both deserved