K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Mitsuki said:

**** :jonny5:

I must say, their growth in numbers is truly impressive to see. One part of me wonders if we could ever see some kind of breakdown of these global 200 numbers tbh, because I know these groups sell crazy amount of albums in my country and are selling out arenas (and even stadiums in BTS, BP and TWICE’s case)…but they still remain a non factor to the general public in the nation. It’s a very fascinating case study tbh. But I guess it mostly has to do with the lack of mono culture in music nowadays and the requirement of you needing to be a household name to sell albums or sell out concerts not being true in the current landscape.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Adama said:

I mean it fit with her audience :coffee2:

Society takes sexual depravity by women a lot less seriously than when it comes from men so she'll be fine

The whole controversy is kinda dumb but I'm willing to throw almost anyone under the bus to deflect from Seunghan

LddO8yO.gif

• Thumbs Down 3

EXO truly peaked at debut

the-god.gif

10 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I must say, their growth in numbers is truly impressive to see. One part of me wonders if we could ever see some kind of breakdown of these global 200 numbers tbh, because I know these groups sell crazy amount of albums in my country and are selling out arenas (and even stadiums in BTS, BP and TWICE’s case)…but they still remain a non factor to the general public in the nation. It’s a very fascinating case study tbh. But I guess it mostly has to do with the lack of mono culture in music nowadays and the requirement of you needing to be a household name to sell albums or sell out concerts not being true in the current landscape.

spacer.png

I can't give you weekly numbers from all plataforms, but here are the regions they debuted LALALALA on Spotify. Their fandom on Europe is strong. 

On a side note: LALALALA debuted at #44 on UK Charts Singles and #74 on SNEP Singles Chart (France) along with their #90 entry in Hot 100. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Mitsuki
  • Like 1

Drama outro is excellent. I need to stop coming for Miss winter, she has been serving excellency lately :WAP:

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

They won, mr. Pluto

BSpuSjX.gif

This sums everything perfectly:

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Society takes sexual depravity by women a lot less seriously than when it comes from men so she'll be fine

The whole controversy is kinda dumb but I'm willing to throw almost anyone under the bus to deflect from Seunghan

LddO8yO.gif

I mean it’s sadly true, MHJ still have shooters despite all her controversies… I Don’t think the controversy is dumb but we all know it’s going to be old news. Everyone will move on since awards events are starting this weekend 

12 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Drama outro is excellent. I need to stop coming for Miss winter, she has been serving excellency lately :WAP:

spacer.png

She actually does! It seems like she’s back in her Savage era , she might love the song lol! She nailed the choreography, she’s a very great dancer when she want to :dies:

Edited by Adama
  • Like 1

the same account that keeps leaking all the Seunghan stuff is now trying to start controversy because Zhang Hao had his feet up on a chair on a music video set :deadbanana:

and calling him "Mr. Pooh"?

these people are so miserable

ezgif-4-87c16c1e0b.gif

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

This sums everything perfectly:

There's only one thing better than seeing Stray Kids winning

and It's seeing Stray Kids winning with what people thought that would go wrong

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the same account that keeps leaking all the Seunghan stuff is now trying to start controversy because Zhang Hao had his feet up on a chair on a music video set :deadbanana:

and calling him "Mr. Pooh"?

these people are so miserable

ezgif-4-87c16c1e0b.gif

When Zhang Hao survived the heterophobic scandal, since then everything else is just a child's play to him

image.png

• Like 2

soobin getting into a scandal, skz entering hot100 as the first 4th gen bg and employees are scamming hybe

i know bangPD is having a horrible day 

• Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I can't give you weekly numbers from all plataforms, but here are the regions they debuted LALALALA on Spotify. Their fandom on Europe is strong. 

On a side note: LALALALA debuted at #44 on UK Charts Singles and #74 on SNEP Singles Chart (France) along with their #90 entry in Hot 100. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok thanks! So these Spotify debuts do indeed prove that they have interest among the audience. But as I said, we have no way of knowing how much of that came from the gp because there’s the playlists and the fanbase angle coming into play here. And my curiosity is mainly stemming from the fact that there is such a gap between their numbers and the gp’s familiarity with them like most of kpop. 

either way, I’m happy they’re gaining these numbers because this comeback is the first one I’ve really liked since Back Door :clap3:

• Like 2

The way pannchoa has been the driving force of all these supposed "scandals" this year is insane. Not a single issue they have publicized has been translated accordingly, and each one of their posts has translated comments that never go over 300 upvotes. It is INSANE that kpop stans have birthed a new netzeinbuzz, which mind you has also been the driving force behind why international kpop stans joined Korean trolls in the mass harassment and bullying of idols such as Sulli.

Like I legitimately feel like im going insane, time and time again these stans make a front about "mental health" and caring about these idols' well-being whenever they get in serious dire situations, but are so quick to join in on mass persecution of anyone that is even a tiny bit out of line. One thing about these stans is they will worship Korean Netizens and trolls honestly way more than they ever have idols, they believe any crudely translated Korean text and go along with any narrative even if it has been made by some basement dwelling incel in a forum inhabited by 4 other freaks.

I'm sorry yall I sound a little insane right now, but time and time again twt stans have just been going insane over any post that illiterate loser behind pannchoa has been making. I don't even stan any of these damn idols I really don't but everyone has been so alarmist about this specific thing that they are going years back into idols lives or comments just so they can add them into the pile of "who's cancelled next?" Taeyong, Mingi, Woozi, Soobin and whoever else has literally done nothing but watch a mainstream show that has been acclaimed, they have not personally come into your house and killed anyone why are these stans in hysterics??? Over 100 million people have watched Game of Thrones, does that mean every single one of them wants to legalize and marry their sibling? Like did that show not have a whole ass 13 year old be assulted by a man and have her fall in love with him?? And on the author, screw that sick freak, but do you really think any of these idols knew??? It's insane seeing kpop stans who watch chainsaw man trying to come for these idols, doesn't that show continually have disgusting sequences involving the main lead who himself is underage? 

Rant still isn't over but for now I'm tired and ill probably come back another time when I am more level-headed but Jesus I feel like I am rewatching the terror netizenbuzz inflicted on so many innocent female idols but this time its being recreated by pannchoas obvious vileness towards male idols she sees as being a threat to her favs. Like i truly think this freak is gonna get an idol killed. Do none of you remember her ass outwardly trying to out Zhang Hao from ZB1???

Absolute insanity.

this-life-pawpaw.gif

Edited by Babymomo
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Zuko said:

soobin getting into a scandal, skz entering hot100 as the first 4th gen bg and employees are scamming hybe

i know bangPD is having a horrible day 

The forever turning tables in this industry

spacer.png

Edited by Witnessed ET

5 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

The way pannchoa has been the driving force of all these supposed "scandals" this year is insane. Not a single issue they have publicized has been translated accordingly, and each one of their posts has translated comments that never go over 300 upvotes. It is INSANE that kpop stans have birthed a new netzeinbuzz, which mind you has also been the driving force behind why international kpop stans joined Korean trolls in the mass harassment and bullying of idols such as Sulli.

Like I legitimately feel like im going insane, time and time again these stans make a front about "mental health" and caring about these idols' well-being whenever they get in serious dire situations, but are so quick to join in on mass persecution of anyone that is even a tiny bit out of line. One thing about these stans is they will worship Korean Netizens and trolls honestly in a way more than they ever have idols, they believe any crudely translated Korean text and go along with any narrative even if it has been made by some basement dwelling incel in a forum inhabited by 4 other freaks.

I'm sorry yall I sound a little insane right now, but time and time again twt stans have just been going insane over any post that illiterate loser behind pannchoa has been making. I don't even stan any of these damn idols i really don't but everyone has been so alarmist about this specific thing that they are going years back into idols lives or comments just so they can add them into the pile of "who's cancelled next?" Taeyong, Mingi, Woozi, Soobin and whoever else has literally done nothing but watch a mainstream show that has been acclaimed, they have not personally come into your house and killed anyone why are these stans in hysterics??? Over 100 million people have watched Game of thrones does that mean every single one of them wants to legalize and marry their sibling? Like did that show not have a whole ass 13 year old be assulted by a man and have her fall in love with him?? And on the author, screw that sick freak, but do you really think any of these idols know??? It's insane seeing kpop stans who watch chainsaw man trying to come for these idols, doesn't that show continually have disgusting sequences involving the main lead who himself is a lead? 

Rant still isn't over but for now I'm tired and ill probably come back another time when I am more level-headed but Jesus I feel like I am rewatching the terror netizenbuzz inflicted on so many innocent female idols but this time its being recreated by pannchoas obvious vileness towards male idols she sees as being a threat to her favs. Like i truly think this freak is gonna get an idol killed. Do none of you remember her ass outwardly trying to out Zhang Hao from ZB1???

Absolute insanity.

this-life-pawpaw.gif

Yup I didn’t wanna comment on this earlier because I’ve seen how many people (even in this thread) have such strong feelings toward this “scandal”, but the villainification of idols just because they “recommended” a show which happened to be problematic is just…bizarre. Meanwhile the koreaboos acting all outraged on Twitter are the same ones with Euphoria profile pics and fans of The Weeknd’s The Idol. They don’t give a **** about the “activism” tbh, it’s so transparent. They just wanna give a quick harmful useless two-cents that no one asked for. The anime is highly problematic and you wanna point that out, fine. But they instead wanna crucify celebrities who watched it. Make it make sense. 
anyway

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

Like I legitimately feel like im going insane, time and time again these stans make a front about "mental health" and caring about these idols' well-being whenever they get in serious dire situations, but are so quick to join in on mass persecution of anyone that is even a tiny bit out of line. One thing about these stans is they will worship Korean Netizens and trolls honestly way more than they ever have idols, they believe any crudely translated Korean text and go along with any narrative even if it has been made by some basement dwelling incel in a forum inhabited by 4 other freaks.

I'm sorry yall I sound a little insane right now, but time and time again twt stans have just been going insane over any post that illiterate loser behind pannchoa has been making. I don't even stan any of these damn idols I really don't but everyone has been so alarmist about this specific thing that they are going years back into idols lives or comments just so they can add them into the pile of "who's cancelled next?" Taeyong, Mingi, Woozi, Soobin and whoever else has literally done nothing but watch a mainstream show that has been acclaimed, they have not personally come into your house and killed anyone why are these stans in hysterics??? Over 100 million people have watched Game of Thrones, does that mean every single one of them wants to legalize and marry their sibling? Like did that show not have a whole ass 13 year old be assulted by a man and have her fall in love with him?? And on the author, screw that sick freak, but do you really think any of these idols knew??? It's insane seeing kpop stans who watch chainsaw man trying to come for these idols, doesn't that show continually have disgusting sequences involving the main lead who himself is underage? 

Absolute insanity.

this-life-pawpaw.gif

i-agree-meghan-mc-cain.gif

Okay this is sounding like it will be Jessica her best album by FAR :jonnycat:

The quality, the vocals. It's all full English too except the title track which has English and Korean ver. 

The joint deal with Warner really snapped...! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Okay this is sounding like it will be Jessica her best album by FAR :jonnycat:

The quality, the vocals. It's all full English too except the title track which has English and Korean ver. 

The joint deal with Warner really snapped...! 

she has that Ariana tone she could utilized, she should do more songs like positions or that Sabrina's nonsense

agree but what does GOT have to do with anything? the character was a teenager and the actresss was 20-something. its not the same so dont even get it twisted. the same goes for Euphoria:eatpopcorn: if you think teenagers having sex in media (which tbh it's fine by me and everyone else in the world, as long as they're being portrayed by adults, and if not, it's not graphical) is comparable to the gratuity of having little kids be the center of this really weird and creepy story about cum, fertility and nudity, you're delusional 

The Gayz comeback title track was such a snooze. They sold like 36k in their first day too. Bomb AFTER Bomb!

They should have copied TAN and give us something like this instead of that song.:jonny4:

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

agree but what does GOT have to do with anything? the character was a teenager and the actresss was 20-something. its not the same so dont even get it twisted. the same goes for Euphoria:eatpopcorn: if you think teenagers having sex in media (which tbh it's fine by me and everyone else in the world, as long as they're being portrayed by adults, and if not, it's not graphical) is comparable to the gratuity of having little kids be the center of this really weird and creepy story about cum, fertility and nudity, you're delusional 

Nobody is defending the anime here, you entirely missed the point of the post. 
anyway lemme not further get into this for my own sanity because ktrl debates for me have historically proven to be a useless waste of time. That’s it from my side :chick1:

Edited by Witnessed ET