K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

32 minutes ago, Cain said:

Okay who started the y2k trend because all the gg's are wearing the exact same stuff

Y2K has been/is a huge trend in fashion overall, not just k-pop

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

So the standard is to do better than Itzy and Nayeon.  :bibliahh:

It's so funny, twice are always the go-to artist for everything, when people wanna talk about vocals the standard is always better or worse than Twice too like be fr :redface:

Edited by Green Tea Is Green

5 hours ago, fais_2311 said:

Eunchae booked. Talent, visual, personality and not a school bully :clap3:

Garam being booted is the best thing that ever happened to Eunchaes Career.

She would have been a sidelined maknae like Chaeyoung but now she’s getting lots of opportunities :clap3:

2 minutes ago, BTS said:

Garam being booted is the best thing that ever happened to Eunchaes Career.

She would have been a sidelined maknae like Chaeyoung but now she’s getting lots of opportunities :clap3:

And to Sakura mental health, that girl was evil 

le-sserafim-kim-garam-accused-of-shading

Edited by DelRey

Just finished Boys Planet Ep. 1 and a lot of them are actually quite talented. I rlly need Zhang Hao to debut. 

45 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

So the standard is to do better than Itzy and Nayeon.  :bibliahh:

Calm down! They’re just talking about how both songs outcharted illusion but but it ended up having better longevity 

Finished the first ep of boys planet and yeah the talent is TEW high, of course there were duds like there always is but taking into account the live singing, many of these boys eat up the produce groups no question.

Need the hunk from the first group that performed, jay the singer, the amazing waacking guy and as always Jiwoong to debut! Like this group is a SMASH waiting to happen if only Korrier chooses the right boys :matty:

37 minutes ago, Chemist said:

I despise Y2K. Maybe i'm just too old idk

I liked it at first but it has been ran into the ground :rip: Most of these 'y2k' pieces don't even look like what y2k is supposed to be - thank god it's finally going out of style again 

49 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

Y2K has been/is a huge trend in fashion overall, not just k-pop

I know but like, ALL the girls are wearing the belted skirt, fuzzy hat, animal backpack, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, baggy jeans, stickers in their hair

It’s like all the stylists just got the same package delivery, and I was also wondering if NewRecordsetters were the first :keir:

3 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Yeah because it makes sense to compare when NJ and IVE were less than a year old group Compared to aespa which was almost turning 2. :rip:

New jeans is now the best selling debut album and LD has 870k sales while savage has 760k. 

4th generation GG sales are increasing rapidly though?

Eleven is IVE’s debut and it sold less than Savage. And GIRLS basically doubled LD’s sales despite having IT girl Wonyoung too!

of course all of them are selling well. But trying to dismiss aespa’s strength just because they debuted earlier is insane though? Nobody said a **** about ITZY despite smashing right from the gate with DALLA DALLA but yet their sales are underwhelming compared to aespa’s.

can the sm stans find a way to make bad boy go viral :loki:

Relesing 41 albums seems highly impossible tho. 

Maybe 41 overall releases, counting standalone singles. And even that seems far-fetched. :rip:

1 hour ago, Sept said:

If the other 2 are classified as hits in this thread, why not Illusion? :ahh: 

Funny because illusion is a hit but some twice and Itzy songs are flops according to sheep. :bibliahh:

32 minutes ago, katyberry said:

Calm down! They’re just talking about how both songs outcharted illusion but but it ended up having better longevity 

No that user is always shady for some reason and have to insert JYPGG. 

and random people were bragging about that outdated list. :penguin:

Ooh I hope Track 5 is really good. RBW doesn’t buy western demos that often.

14 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Funny because illusion is a hit but some twice and Itzy songs are flops according to sheep. :bibliahh:

No that user is always shady for some reason and have to insert JYPGG. 

and random people were bragging about that outdated list. :penguin:

$14M?! :deadvision::deadvision::deadvision:

Is her family rich?

9 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

Is her family rich?

Yes. Most idols are rich 

They won't stop :jonny5:

No one comes close to their power :clap3:

53 minutes ago, Cain said:

I know but like, ALL the girls are wearing the belted skirt, fuzzy hat, animal backpack, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, baggy jeans, stickers in their hair

It’s like all the stylists just got the same package delivery, and I was also wondering if NewRecordsetters were the first :keir:

I don't remember if the NewJeans girlies wore animal backpacks before but Birthday came out before OMG and the video is shot earlier this year 

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Albums are what make money as their acts are capable of selling 1M each

Is it a surprise to you guys that Kpop is all about business profits? :deadbanana: Esp when companies like SM are established public company and they have to act for their shareholders' interests

1m sellers will be like 7 of those 41 albums :skull: 

50 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Eleven is IVE’s debut and it sold less than Savage. And GIRLS basically doubled LD’s sales despite having IT girl Wonyoung too!

of course all of them are selling well. But trying to dismiss aespa’s strength just because they debuted earlier is insane though? Nobody said a **** about ITZY despite smashing right from the gate with DALLA DALLA but yet their sales are underwhelming compared to aespa’s.

yes eleven was IVE's DEBUT. savage was aespa's 3rd release :rip: black mamba physical would have sold like 100k 

14 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Yes. Most idols are rich 

there's rich and buying $14m home rich :rip: that's obviously her money 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

Ooh I hope Track 5 is really good. RBW doesn’t buy western demos that often.

the title track is a Western demo too

5 minutes ago, rzal said:

1m sellers will be like 7 of those 41 albums :skull: 

yes eleven was IVE's DEBUT. savage was aespa's 3rd release :rip: black mamba physical would have sold like 100k 

there's rich and buying $14m home rich :rip: that's obviously her money 

maybe, but shes known to be from a very wealthy family

28 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

Is her family rich?

She was born rich but she’s in the best selling kpop GG.  people think these girls earn nothing because they don’t do cfs. :bibliahh:
also some people say it’s 3M USD. 

57 minutes ago, newaespa said:

NJ’s debut preorders- 550k 

aespa - 400k 

IVE we don’t even know but they debuted with 250k sales on gaon. Aespa was literally a one year old GG.