K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

9 minutes ago, TheCal said:

i wonder if it's fully animated/how much they had to edit it? cause the movements look little bit too good for vtubers dancing in motion capture suits

You'd be surprised, vtuber mocap is scarily good nowadays. If you ever watch any of their livestreams they pretty much have this range of motion all the time.

• Like 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TheCal said:

i wonder if it's fully animated/how much they had to edit it? cause the movements look little bit too good for vtubers dancing in motion capture suits

Maybe they are using real riize dance challenges to animate them, so that's why they are better than MAVE lmao

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

You'd be surprised, vtuber mocap is scarily good nowadays. If you ever watch any of their livestreams they pretty much have this range of motion all the time.

yeah I was just watching some of their dancing on streams and you are right, crazy how good mocap is nowadays

So are IVE selling their albums in American stores or they just decided to release on a Friday for fun? 

NOW EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR
OH OH OH OH, OH OH OH OH
MAEUME SSAHIN GEOGJEONG BODA NOPGE
OH OH OH OH, OH OH OH OH  :katie2:

8ny3OzU.gif

Can we please take a moment to appreciate Jihyoncé's performance abilities, unnies? :heart:

A QUEEN! We don't deserve her. :heart2:

• Like 2

So annoying how they're actually doing decent in Japan but they still choose to promote for 4 weeks at Inkigayo instead :gaycat6:

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, PinkLamborghini said:

Can we please take a moment to appreciate Jihyoncé's performance abilities, unnies? :heart:

Finally some good fucking food new members

RziOcsT.gif

11 minutes ago, PinkLamborghini said:

Well isn't it known that she is the best performer of the group?

When I was new to the Kpop this fancam of hers truly shocked me and decided to get into their performances and discography. 

14 minutes ago, Flomik said:

So annoying how they're actually doing decent in Japan but they still choose to promote for 4 weeks at Inkigayo instead :gaycat6:

I mean they do not chart in japan and performing on korean music shows is a bigger exposure than promoting in japan. 

6 hours ago, hallucinate said:

is it confirmed?

this is their girls era fr :priceless:

It’s according to a k-dive but i am sure it’s 100% true 

2 hours ago, Century said:

Tiffany is my ult. US was always her dream and it allowed her to move back home, she left SM specifically because she wanted an agency that could support her ambitions better, she has voiced this. You're jumping to conclusions and then working backwards to make the facts fit the narrative, but the facts don't really fit. 

Non-compete clauses are standard contract fare in any industry so it wouldn't shock me to learn that SM has that in place, but there's no evidence supporting that. Not to mention the fact that SM idol contracts cover endorsements and acting too so why they would have a non-compete for one but not the other when SM invests resources into building their skills and connections in every field makes no sense imho.

I think we're glossing over a key fact that anybody who leaves SM(especially SNSD) already had their shot at being at the top of the Korean music industry and probably a chance to continue that with SM too. Leaving is an enormous indicator of a shift in priorities, like in the case of Jessica who said her heart was in fashion more than idol work.

In the case of JYJ though, a lot of the claims they made were verifiably false/sensationalized and production/broadcast companies and agencies were rightfully afraid to work with them in spite of their tremendous talent and popularity because they were liable to make up whatever and cause an enormous media storm to get what they want. They got out of their contracts(and brought necessary contract reform to the whole industry with them) but weren't awarded damages on any of their claims and it was later ruled to never be a slave contract to begin with. SM was underhanded but people forget there's always another side to that coin.

What are your thoughts on @Zack’s astute observation about Amber and Luna encountering the same thing, Luna even more strangely since she financed her own post SM release, Madonna but didn’t promote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

How did she go from jobless to being booked within a week? Also an official collaboration… 

88aa8f171fee9bf59a1f297951d4ffee_w200.gi

Spoiler

She must have finally checked her DMs

Edited by ANTIclimatic
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

What are your thoughts on @Zack’s astute observation about Amber and Luna encountering the same thing, Luna even more strangely since she financed her own post SM release, Madonna but didn’t promote. 

I don't know about Luna's situation because I never followed her after SM but I know that user has pushed lies about Amber in a similar context before. That person will pass off their assumptions as fact and then use the lack of evidence against their already unfounded assumptions as proof like some kind of religious zealot, rather than coming up with any actual evidence for their claims. :marshmallow:

Edited by Century

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

I mean they do not chart in japan

But they do?

All of their singles (except for Tippy Toes) charted in Billboard Japan and Shooting Star charted well in Oricon. Their positions are not top tier but they'll never chart this good on MelOn for example.

And I'm not saying that they should stop all the Korean promotions at all, but they COULD also dedicate some time to the market that is more interested in them than Korea that hates them. 5-6 Korean perfomances (2 weeks promo) with different outfits would be more than enough, then some Japan promotions as well would be a much better balance, instead of a month at Korean shows and zero promo anywhere else.

• Like 1

Ohhh JYP is not slick with this one

First they erased Weki Meki after debuting ITZY, then they tried to gaslight people with Mixxtopia making it out to be something shocking, unique and never-been-done-before, now they're trying to erase Blackswan

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

First they erased Weki Meki after debuting ITZY, then they tried to gaslight people with Mixxtopia making it out to be something unique and never-been-done-before, now they're trying to erase Blackswan

??? theyre not even claiming to be the first gg with western members

@IvyTower Like I said though I wouldn't be surprised to hear there's a non-compete agreement because that's normal but the way ex-SM idols are still actively promoting in Korea(just not music, but in fields their original still contracts covered) makes no sense. This whole thing is assuming a restrictive contract clause with an ENORMOUS hole in it for non-music activities plus some kind of heinously broad NDA that wouldn't hold up in court to keep victims from speaking up about things that in no way jeopardize SM or any of its trade secrets. It's also founded on a reputation the company earned through lawsuits full of false claims where SM actually won in the end every single time against people who broadly were later proven to be terrible people like Kris and Tao.

There are plenty of skeletons in SM's closet like the intense comeback schedules, the pressuring young children to leave home to go be full time laborers(sometimes even moving to a different continent to do so), the attempted Jessica vs Tiffany sabotage mentioned in the last page, employing wanted criminals, assisting in coverups of illegal activity from idols, payola, refusing to crack down on malicious comments, etc, etc, etc ,etc ,etc there's a LOT. However, there's no evidence to support these nebulous mistreatment, blacklisting, and slavery allegations that get thrown around constantly(and that take away from meaningful discussions about the actual harm done), but there is plenty of facts that support this not existing(like JYJ and SMs publicly known, jointly announced legal agreement to not interfere with each other's activities ever again that they could have sued and won a million times over with if these blacklisting claims were ever true).

Let's not forget this is the company that lets idols take years long health absences from 7 year contracts or even leave groups to pursue acting or fashion with no interference.

Edited by Century

10 minutes ago, Flomik said:

First they erased Weki Meki after debuting ITZY, then they tried to gaslight people with Mixxtopia making it out to be something shocking, unique and never-been-done-before, now they're trying to erase Blackswan

VCHA are indeed special though, cause some of the members are literally the first non-Asians to debut in a Big 3 company

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

So are IVE selling their albums in American stores or they just decided to release on a Friday for fun? 

i would hope so

there are no US exclusive versions announced yet though so i’m not sure about the strategy :skull:

2 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

missing them already :monkey:

my favorite release this year, it's just so perfect :chick3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

The girl from a2k jyp gruop Vcha i was being silly 

I only know that *cha is national security threat :clack: