K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

So is this entire XG comeback gonna be carried by the mv visuals only? Where are the actual bops...

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

I Lowkey like these pics more than the offical album covers :rip: the scarf dress didn’t make a cover either which is a shame…

on another note STAYC has fallen off so hard for me this year. I went from stanning to IDGAF. 

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Sonny said:

They look so good this comeback. :jonny5:

I ordered the white version of their album yesterday cause they look so hot in suits. 

!!!

when they said reboot it meant in all

aspectS of the word. The styling has been top notch this comeback. 

• Like 1

SNSD was supposed to release an English album in 2013 but SM wisely continue to pursue Japan since they were having unprecedented success there. Tiffany even said in like 2015 on interviews that thier were demos as far back as late 2012 for thier English expansion:jonny6: Imagine if they kept the SSJD sound on the scrapped English studio album! Or even if they did trend hop on what was popping around 2012 in mainstream music. Here are examples of how it probably would have sound

I remember being on forums back then and how hyped we were on all the rumors and speculations for months. It was a real possibility that they were gonna have a full album in English.

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

literally my top 5:clap3:bop after bop:katie2:they snapped.

Loll the taste!! :fan:
they really outdid themselves with this album :clap3:

DEBUT INCOMING!!! We can really stop

clowning now as their hair color change is definitely a sign of their debut!

it’s time!!!! :duca:

Edited by Mel.
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

SNSD was supposed to release an English album in 2013 but SM wisely continue to pursue Japan since they were having unprecedented success there. Tiffany even said in like 2015 on interviews that thier were demos as far back as late 2012 for thier English expansion after the boys era the year before:jonny6: Imagine if they kept the SSJD sound on the scrapped English studio album! Or even if they did trend hop on what was popping around 2012 in mainstream music. Here are examples of how it probably would have sound

I remember being on forums back then and how hyped we were on all the rumors and speculations for months. It was a real possibility that they were gonna have a full album in English.

Sunny really served us these sex bangers :jonny: 

Imagine a solo debut with sex kitten concept :jonny: 

• Like 3

I found these songs again after so much time OMG (i couldnt remember the names)  :superman::superman:

Tell me please that any of you have heard these pure kpop excellences???? :gaycat1:LET ME PUT IN SOME PROVOCATIVE TITLES

1. Ended Jisoo:

2. Would be as big as BTS if their fans found this:

3. IVE wishes they could steal this chorus:

4. SVT stole their flow bar by bar for Mansae:

5. EXO were too twink to serve this in 2015:

13 minutes ago, Sept said:

Sunny would've really fare if she did the sexy route. She ate that performance, the male dancers are clearly enjoying it as well lol  :clap3:

1 hour ago, Tomek said:

did somi even chart?

It's #77 on Melon at the moment and peaked at like 61 iirc :emofish:

Even XOXO seemed to have done better but then again that was after a viral hit. Maybe it'll rise with promo who knows

Edited by Billionaire

3 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

Well we certainly ain't complaing for sure. Their stomping the whole Korean industrih with their jap disco even their Korean version  :cooldown:

jsyk you might wanna find a different way to short japanese - the way you did it is considered a slur and even though the context is obvious, i don’t want you to get in trouble unnecessarily!

5 hours ago, harrythevifan said:

Just good ol' Korean graft and corruption put under the public pressure of politics. 

There was millions of dollars allocated for this global event, then something went wrong (heat wave followed by typhoon which made living in a tent on an open field dangerous -- otherwise known as a normal Korean summer), and there seemed to be no contingency plan, which is making Korea look like a bunch of rubes to the rest of the world.

Then the politics come in where people who aren't fans of the current government are now auditing where all the money for the event went, and they're coming up with sheds located in the Jeolla province as company addresses.  That the divisive Ministry of Gender Equality and Family are involved with the event and that this all happened less than a year after hundreds of people died during that Halloween street crush is just making everyone more on edge.

The good news is, the desperation of the situation resulted in global susperstars NewJeans being added to the kpop concert that will serve as closing ceremonies for the jamboree.  So, don't expect Bighybe to be getting any surprise IRS audits anytime soon.

:cm:

Isn't a massive typhoon supposed to hit the day of the concert 

They want all those kids and the idols to d*e or something wtf

WELP Lisa is really dating the CEO OF TAG HEUER :coffee2:

Her photo updates from yesterday in Greece with the Arnault family: 

Spoiler

F3Gwt6ZXoBcHnDV?format=jpg&name=mediumF3Gwt6XXoAkWqbf?format=jpg&name=medium

F3Gwt6eXoAIuy4n?format=jpg&name=large

He attended pinkchella afterparty and also the born pink concert in 2022:

Spoiler

Ft9TNJoX0AEcwbv?format=jpg&name=mediumFrederic%20Hadir%20Di%20Coachella%202023

Not to sound like a shipper but he is always photographed next to her and BP Members at all her important events: 

Spoiler

efcf6-16889706380702-1920.jpgF0kLXe3aYAEKASH?format=jpg&name=largeF0kLX6eagAUG3Jr?format=jpg&name=smallblackpink-lisa-frederic-arnault.jpg_1842

Frederic%20Hadir%20Di%20Foto%20Bersama%2momen-kedekatan-lisa-blackpink-frederic-1366f2e2-7159-45ba-9662-d34d327024e1_aeb

He follows her pets accounts

Spoiler

His friends and family always liking the Blackpink/ Lisa posts and vice versa:

Spoiler

Her father follows a fredlisa shipping acct lmao and her uncle follows him as the only celebrity

F3GqdGuWwAAyp3h?format=jpg&name=900x900

F3Gsft6XoAYcJsH?format=jpg&name=900x900

She also posted pictures of her hanging out with his high profile friends like Peter Utz in Paris:

Spoiler

f768x1-764136_764263_125.jpg

Also his white man genes might make him look like he is in his mid-30s  :deadbanana4: but he is only 28 years old while Lisa is 26 years old. So yeah... its possible they clicked.

Not that she lacks money herself but his family is worth more than 200 billion dollars...

:clap3::clap3::clap3: she really got a billionaire to fall for her .... a win tbh :clap3::clap3::clap3:

On another note.... WHAT WAS CHA EUNWOO doing at the pinkchella after party if he is not dating Rosie :coffee: lol

Are-Cha-Eunwoo-and-Rose-close-1024x1024.

Edited by naomi24

• ATRL Administrator
3 hours ago, motherpills said:

[KOREAN] TOGETHER WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS WE DEM GIRS

The way I was literally in a coma when this song came out. 

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The way I was literally in a coma when this song came out. 

coma from the shock knowing that their goodwill as hitmakers came to an end? :lakitu:

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Sunny “Salty Scars” 1st Mini Album 

Straight Outta Kwangya Ft. Karina

Salty Scars

Scissoring Ft. Seohyun 

애교 

House Arrest 

Sweat Drip Ft. DJHyo

Bad Nepo Baby

소녀시대 Member Lee SoonKyu returns from her former flop Management company SM Ent. Unleashing a Certified street classic “Salty Scars” that rose on Melon Charts, Peaking #1. her 1st mini album after 16 years in the industry is garnering praise from critics and audiences worldwide. With lyrics firing shots at haters claiming she is a Nepo baby. “Sunny Bunny”  viral raps and provocative and Sexual R&B lyrics has Shaken the Kpop industry. 

Spoiler

Straight Outta Kwangya featuring Karina, is a Dream pop/Hip-hop hybrid song. As Sunny exposes SM for creating cheesy concepts to try and stay relevant with the youth. Karina sings the hook “Yeah Homie, A.I. ain’t can’t imitate Me. We be choppin’ Beef like Chun Li”. 

Salty Scars is an Emotional Contemporary R&B pop single. The lyrics use Sexual innuendo to describe Sunny’s desires during the pandemic, while overcoming loneliness and insecurity. The bridge explodes with heavy electric Guitars as she belts; “vibrations on my hips, Domination on my lips. Oh how I wish, Sowon would 

Get a grip”

Scissoring Features fellow SNSD member Seohyun. As they have a song off on who can hold the longest note. This Mid-tempo R&B duet explores the homosexuality within Korean Girl groups in the entertainment industry. Seohyun explains in a verse “ Cut it out. We shared dorms but never speak aloud”

애교 Meaning Ageyo. Sunny has a reputation as the cute member in GG. This song is 1950’s Traditional pop song, but Sunny uses profane lyrics to address fans that want her to still behave that way. I’m one verse she spits “Nothing’s funny. *****, I don’t smile for nothing. unless it’s for the check. Cuz Chex mix is still my fav Bread. I said, Word to Naeyeon, but **** writing with a crayon. Been poppin’ twice as long as Dayun. Just ask my sis Taeyeon”

House arrest is a dark, industrial rock song. Sunny songs over experimental Guitars and riffs as she explores deeper themes and concepts of House arrest. Themes of insecurities & depression makeup this musical masterpiece. With an urban rock hook she screams “I HAVENT FED MY CAT TODAY. I Don’t wanna feel youngDon’t FaceTime me today unless your name is Jessica Jung” 

Sweat Drip Ft. DJHyo Is a Eletronic Dance Bop with heavy emphasis on the bass. This festival dance anthem only has a chorus and EDM drop. With DJ Hyo giving a 30 second rap that will be on IG captions for years to come. Hyoyeon sings “ Dripping like Drizzy. Dropping my panties. Yeah I’m the Korean Ice Spice in your fantasies”

Sunny ends her dramatic mini album with Bad Nepo Baby. Orchestral Strings and a Drill beat opens up Sunny to speak her truth. Going at all the skeptics of her Uncle Lee Soo Man. She samples Girl’s Generation Girls Generation single. With her final words being. “Forever 1. Yeah, forever Sunny. Got my Opps behind me, and we still Bad like the Barbie”🩷

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Sunny “Salty Scars” 1st Mini Album 

Straight Outta Kwangya Ft. Karina

Salty Scars

Scissoring Ft. Seohyun 

애교 

House Arrest 

Sweat Drip Ft. DJHyo

Bad Nepo Baby

소녀시대 Member Lee SoonKyu returns from her former flop Management company SM Ent. Unleashing a Certified street classic “Salty Scars” that rose on Melon Charts, Peaking #1. her 1st mini album after 16 years in the industry is garnering praise from critics and audiences worldwide. With lyrics firing shots at haters claiming she is a Nepo baby. “Sunny Bunny”  viral raps and provocative and Sexual R&B lyrics has Shaken the Kpop industry. 

Hide contents

Straight Outta Kwangya featuring Karina, is a Dream pop/Hip-hop hybrid song. As Sunny exposes SM for creating cheesy concepts to try and stay relevant with the youth. Karina sings the hook “Yeah Homie, A.I. ain’t can’t imitate Me. We be choppin’ Beef like Chun Li”. 

Salty Scars is an Emotional Contemporary R&B pop single. The lyrics use Sexual innuendo to describe Sunny’s desires during the pandemic, while overcoming loneliness and insecurity. The bridge explodes with heavy electric Guitars as she belts; “vibrations on my hips, Domination on my lips. Oh how I wish, Sowon would 

Get a grip”

Scissoring Features fellow SNSD member Seohyun. As they have a song off on who can hold the longest note. This Mid-tempo R&B duet explores the homosexuality within Korean Girl groups in the entertainment industry. Seohyun explains in a verse “ Cut it out. We shared dorms but never speak aloud”

애교 Meaning Ageyo. Sunny has a reputation as the cute member in GG. This song is 1950’s Traditional pop song, but Sunny uses profane lyrics to address fans that want her to still behave that way. I’m one verse she spits “Nothing’s funny. *****, I don’t smile for nothing. unless it’s for the check. Cuz Chex mix is still my fav Bread. I said, Word to Naeyeon, but **** writing with a crayon. Been poppin’ twice as long as Dayun. Just ask my sis Taeyeon”

House arrest is a dark, industrial rock song. Sunny songs over experimental Guitars and riffs as she explores deeper themes and concepts of House arrest. Themes of insecurities & depression makeup this musical masterpiece. With an urban rock hook she screams “I HAVENT FED MY CAT TODAY. I Don’t wanna feel youngDon’t FaceTime me today unless your name is Jessica Jung” 

Sweat Drip Ft. DJHyo Is a Eletronic Dance Bop with heavy emphasis on the bass. This festival dance anthem only has a chorus and EDM drop. With DJ Hyo giving a 30 second rap that will be on IG captions for years to come. Hyoyeon sings “ Dripping like Drizzy. Dropping my panties. Yeah I’m the Korean Ice Spice in your fantasies”

Sunny ends her dramatic mini album with Bad Nepo Baby. Orchestral Strings and a Drill beat opens up Sunny to speak her truth. Going at all the skeptics of her Uncle Lee Soo Man. She samples Girl’s Generation Girls Generation single. With her final words being. “Forever 1. Yeah, forever Sunny. Got my Opps behind me, and we still Bad like the Barbie”🩷

:dies: :dies: :dies:

• Haha 1

Girls is a classic argue with the ******* wall gays. Just say it was too musically progressive for your generic TTH taste and move on. :cooldown:

• Like 2

• ATRL Administrator
16 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

coma from the shock knowing that their goodwill as hitmakers came to an end? :lakitu:

I wish it was that coma 

O.O and Girls are those powerful and controversial bad ******* that will get people talkin' for years to come :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TREASURE will have an 18 page spread in Dazed Korea’s new issue :clap3:

Edited by Mel.