K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

This is so sad :cries:

@harrythevifan do you think there's any chance for them?

It's probably it for them unless the goal is to keep setting money on fire.  The delay that preceded this comeback already felt like they had given up.

On their debut and previous comeback, they spent a lot of money on high quality songs without getting any reaction/sales for their trouble.  They're not even big in Japan.  Should've spent that money on girls, because while they are fortunate to have maybe a couple of aces, they're also carrying a couple barriers to entry. :noparty:

After Rona went viral only to then have her cover up her considerable talents was obviously a mistake.

:cm:

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy the tides turned for Jihyo over the years, because the way she used to get disrespected had me ready to go to jail. Even when I used to **** on TWICE as a whole, she was always MOTHER.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zuko said:

the way my whole timeline is going crazy for this jihyo

THE mother

her solo is gonna mother so hard

wendypills.gif

1 hour ago, Adama said:

But apparently Streams don’t pay :coffee2:

One hit wonder but they get paid more than the ones who sell million albums :coffee2:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

So happy the tides turned for Jihyo over the years, because the way she used to get disrespected had me ready to go to jail. Even when I used to **** on TWICE as a whole, she was always MOTHER.

it's been happening for a while now, but i think this tour was the final nail for many non fans

people started seeing her charisma, natural sex appeal, her infectious energy,... 

the amount of praise (and thirsting lol) on twice's tour tiktoks i've seen :jonny6:

• Like 1

i think this was the first monopoly scandal was discussed before HYBE and Kakao were a thing, is CJ Group a chaebol?

CJ ENM

Mnet (and other tv channels)

Events

MAMA: Mnet Asian Music Awards 

KCON 

Get it Beauty CON

Olive Market

Valley Rock Music & Arts Festival

Animation

Studio Bazooka

CJ E&M Music 

BELIFT with HYBE

Subsidiaries

1887 Entertainment

AOMG

B2M Entertainment

Hi-Li Records

Jellyfish Entertainment

MMO Entertainment

Stone Music Entertainment

UK Muzik

Joint ventures

CJ Victor Entertainment

The Music Works Entertainment

Former

Highup Entertainment (2017–2018; 51%) {now Kakao 2021–  ; 40%}

Investment Support

Amoeba Culture

MNH Entertainment

Yue Hua Entertainment

All these people :deadbanana4:! *** Scooter! We just want a hot scene with Han so hee, no one want to watch Kendull and the Biebers

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

All these people :deadbanana4:! *** Scooter! We just want a hot scene with Han so hee, no one want to watch Kendull and the Biebers

I don’t mind Justin but not this boring girl. :bibliahh:In big 2023 who cares about her 

• Haha 1

Some medias are reporting that Jennie is leaving YGE bc of these Weibo rumors  :toofunny3:

Nmixx kinda cleared my favs OEC but I'm happy they're back in Jaden's competent hands 

thats-my-motha-elijahpetty.gif

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

I don’t mind Justin but not this boring girl. :bibliahh:In big 2023 who cares about her 

Like at least invite the most streamed artist Bad Bunny not Kendull :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

One hit wonder but they get paid more than the ones who sell million albums :coffee2:

Those are not official numbers but "predictions" based on the fact that Spotify is paying $0.005 per stream. So 500M streams = $2.5M 

But of course not all revenue goes to the label/artist.

Kpop's albums are expensive af so 1M album sales (even mid-tier group like NMIXX is coming close) could easily bring in $15-20M in revenue. 

But most of income of an idol would come from CFs, brand deals and tourings anyways

6 minutes ago, Adama said:

i doubt it's true

there's been a lot of speculation about jks official solo debut,

so until i see jb & that slice of white bread show up in jks MV, i'm gonna call bs

3 minutes ago, Zuko said:

i doubt it's true

so until i see jb & that slice of white bread show up in jks MV, i'm gonna call bs

that's obviously made up, please lmao

5 minutes ago, Zuko said:

i doubt it's true

2 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

that's obviously made up, please lmao

Well thanks god only Han So Hee is confirmed :jonnycat:

Just randomly remembered this melancholic bop

• Like 3

I really like OEC's comeback, it sounds exactly like what you'd expect from them. It's so weird to see a group fully come back from the dead like this :rip:

NMIXX, though...they really did a 180 from eclectic noise to being astonishingly boring. What are these diet-house songs? :emofish:

5 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

What BLACKPINK think they're serving

that's offensive for XG

8 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

What BLACKPINK think they're serving

Maybe I'd agree if you put Shooting Star instead but this... :rip:

410k units in 6 weeks

spacer.png

• Like 1