K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Being BTS' succesors alone washes everything Stray Kids did on the year they debuted before TXT, let's not. 

For you to have an idea, TXT debuted on March, 2019. The same month Stray Kids was releasing their 5th album in the industry and the debut of fresh faces with NO reality show and music dropped prior the release blocked MIROH from March's monthly album chart and 'Crown' was more popular than anything Stray Kids released until their breakthrough with God's Menu. 

Being BTS's successors only jump started them but has kind of been a hindrance ever since. The last truly successful boygroup that JYP produced was 2pm/2AM, all the way back in second gen. Got7 did okay but people didn't really have expectations of JYP boy groups, allowing stray kids to have no burden on them from that, especially not the weight of being the successors to the biggest boy band since the peak of One Direction.

Not to mention big boy bands with a lot of members go for powerful concepts which westerners like, smaller boy bands tend to go for lighter happier concepts which westerners don't respond too as much. The comparison just really isn't there.

Edited by CandyCoatedClouds
  • Like 1

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, armink said:

So are you implying that the members are lying about this for clout? What clout do they need at this point? 

I don't understand how it's so difficult to understand that other people in the industry truly DID treat them like ****. This is probably still true for other idols from smaller companies.

Idk who this is about but I'm just going to choose to blame rat junior :irate:

no need to gang up on @armink over this, he's one of like two army here

not sure a book was the best idea given how rabid twitter ARMY is and the inevitable cross-examination report that will be ready tomorrow morning with all the  overlapping Big 3 groups promotions with nugu era BTS and investigative twitter journalism

that being said, there's no reason for them to lie. time and time again it's been revealed how poorly idols from smaller companies are treated both internally and externally

1 minute ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Being BTS's successors only jump started rhem but has kind of been a hindrance ever since. The last truly successful boygroup that JYP produced was 2pm/2AM, all the way back in second gen. Got7 did okay but peopl3 didn't really have expectations of JYP boy groups, allowing stray kids to have no burden on them from that, especially not the weight of being the successors to the biggest boy band since the peak of One Direction.

Not to mention big boy bands with a lot of members go for powerful concepts which westerners like, smaller boy bands tend to go for lighter happier concepts which westerners don't respond too as much. The comparison just really isn't there.

I’ve never understood the comparison between SKZ and TXt like….where did that even come from? They’re two completely different groups who make different music and have a different image. 

2 minutes ago, armink said:

Only on chronically online spaces like these will people choose to forget that these are REAL PEOPLE who have been harassed by the entire world ever since 2016  :toofunny3:

So has every other top tier idol ever. Just a few weeks ago people were saying Karina was in favor of the Nanjing Massacre and it became a big scandal in China. You don't see aespa writing a tell-all book about how they've victims of their own success, do you? Where's the book about Jennie being told to unalive by BTS army?

4 minutes ago, armink said:

it's not hard to fathom jealous loser idols did the same to them in real life.

The quote you posted from the book was about a bigger, more established group at the time, nobody was jealous if that ever even happened. 

Can't stop listening to New Jeans. So fresh, so clean

gif-piglet-being-washed-in-a-sink

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

I’ve never understood the comparison between SKZ and TXt like….where did that even come from? They’re two completely different groups who make different music and have a different image. 

It's because they're both 4th gen boy bands that come from big agencies and are the two biggest of their generation. Fans are so insufferable about thsi kind of thing.

1 minute ago, SandyJeans said:

no need to gang up on @armink over this, he's one of like two army here

not sure a book was the best idea given how rabid twitter ARMY is and the inevitable cross-examination report that will be ready tomorrow morning with all the  overlapping Big 3 groups promotions with nugu era BTS and investigative twitter journalism

that being said, there's no reason for them to lie. time and time again it's been revealed how poorly idols from smaller companies are treated both internally and externally

True, I can agree that ARMY shouldn't be going out to hunt down random idols who they think are guilty. However, BTS didn't name any names and I don't think its fair to silence them from telling their story in a book that is supposed to be a culmination of their 10 year history.

I just think it's so cheap to pretend like they're lying when they have been talking about this mistreatment for the entirety of their careers now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Century said:

The victim mentality from them and Army is exceptionally weird for an act that was competing with peak Taylor Swift in every metric. :deadbanana4:

They haven’t been NUGU since the minute they stepped onto US television and ARMY still act like they’re minorities. 

Edit: I worded this poorly so i’m gonna correct this. I meant Army’s thinking they’re personally a minority through a victim mentality. Not BTS being minorities (which they very obviously are in the US as a popular group). 

Edited by lgaga1fan
  • Thumbs Down 1

The next time I see someone talk about mental health here I'll call them out on their bullsh*t. Your hatred towards the fanbase is blinding you. BTS are real people. Jungkook was 15, Jimin and V were 17 when BTS debuted, things like that don't leave you when you grow older or get rich. What exactly is wrong with talking about your career, the good and the bad?

If they dropped names and caused the fandom to attack people, I wouldn't defend it but they don't do that. Instead they are trying to be better for the new generation of idols. The way everyone who has ever met them only has nice things to say prove that.

Edited by smates
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

The narrative that BTS are mistreated and need protection legitimizes and even in some instances encourages the worst behavior from Army. At some point they have to switch the narrative from being victims to being untouchable trailblazers and extremely successful. Lets not act like we haven't seem them literally calling for the deaths of other artists and their fans over "mistreatment". :deadbanana4:

They hard a hard come-up but so did literally all of the other greats. G-Dragon had to **** in a hole in the ground outside of YG, SNSD faced the black ocean, IU didn't know if she was going to make it, etc.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Century said:

So has every other top tier idol ever. Just a few weeks ago people were saying Karina was in favor of the Nanjing Massacre and it became a big scandal in China. You don't see aespa writing a tell-all book about how they've victims of their own success, do you? Where's the book about Jennie being told to unalive by BTS army?

The quote you posted from the book was about a bigger, more established group at the time, nobody was jealous if that ever even happened. 

This is a book to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, aespa can do that when (if) they reach that mark or whenever they want. I truly do not care, good for them to either speak their truth or not, whatever they choose.

In recounting their history they should be allowed to talk about their treatment by their industry peers. I'm really not seeing the issue in this? I cannot fathom why anyone would be offended about this unless they think their own faves were guilty of these actions. If the shoe fits, I guess.

And yeah you're right I shouldn't have said "jeoulous," but I also haven't read the actual book and don't know the context for what time period within their careers this happened. It could've very easily been around 2015-early 2016 when they were rapidly rising but still not quite the top group. Regardless, even if those sunbaes weren't jealous they might've still just been treating smaller groups horribly just due to their big egos. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Y'all are too hard on TXT around here in comparison to SKZ and I'm so sick of it. On the surface it may seem like TXT have a lot of privileges (and they do) but they actually also have a ton stacked against them. SKZ debuted a year before TXT in a more prestigious company, and had their own reality show. Not to mention they're basically the true spiritual successors to BTS, the most popular kpop boyband of all time.

Meanwhile TXT had to follow BTS with a totally different concept that doesn't appeal to western fans the way it used to, had NO reality show to speak of and were fresh faces. They're doing fairly well all things considered. Lay off them a little, @Pluto2022 it's starting to become excessive.

Relax, we are just cutely shading them for fun, which happens to every other group in here including SKZ. This is still nothing compared to how much some of the extinct MOAs dragged SKZ in here during Temptation era, so think of it more as a response and Karma. But I personally has nothing against the TXT members and even praise them from time to time. Tinnitus is still that bop

"Yeah, I want it, want it, want it
Want it, want it, want it, yeah"

wining-bubbling.gif

Edited by Pluto2022

In recounting their history they should be allowed to talk about their treatment by their industry peers. I'm really not seeing the issue in this? I cannot fathom why anyone would be offended about this unless they think their own faves were guilty of these actions. If the shoe fits, I guess.

Well first of all I can guarantee the group in question wasnt either of my ults, SNSD or aespa. Second of all see the post above yours for why I personally have a problem with this nonsense. 

None of the other top kpop acts ever gave their fans a sense of security in bashing others based off of nebulous past "mistreatment". We know exactly who it was pulling strings to give SNSD their black ocean, you don't see Taeyeon complaining about it or ignoring Sone threatening to shank Shindong. :gaycat6:

BTS are extremely successful and every obstacle they faced in their careers still lead them to where we are today where even non-fans recognize them as the top kpop group. They aren't victims.

Edited by Century
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Being BTS's successors only jump started them but has kind of been a hindrance ever since. The last truly successful boygroup that JYP produced was 2pm/2AM, all the way back in second gen. Got7 did okay but people didn't really have expectations of JYP boy groups, allowing stray kids to have no burden on them from that, especially not the weight of being the successors to the biggest boy band since the peak of One Direction.

I don't really get you, being honest. Last time we had a conversation you were telling me Stray Kids should stop releasing unlistenable noise/loud/powerful music consistently and going through a more friendly concept and type of music at least one time or another, to wide their audience to western taste. But now they are going exactly for the right route to appeal to Westeners. What's the truth? 

Not that I disagree they are doing something right. This is what I've been saying since the beginning here when everyone quotes me saying they should change musically and conceptually. It's just that It seems the perception changes depending on the narrative. 

Anyway, I disagree TXT doesn't appeal to western audience. Their type of music is extremely westernized. They are mostly produced by western people, after all. And having lesser members is appealing exactly because western audience is familiarized with small groups the most. The english song itself is a copy of BTS' marketing tactic that went well on western markets. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, armink said:

This is a book to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, aespa can do that when (if) they reach that mark or whenever they want. I truly do not care, good for them to either speak their truth or not, whatever they choose.

And yeah you're right I shouldn't have said "jeoulous," but I also haven't read the actual book and don't know the context for what time period within their careers this happened. It could've very easily been around 2015-early 2016 when they were rapidly rising but still not quite the top group. Regardless, even if those sunbaes weren't jealous they might've still just been treating smaller groups horribly just due to their big egos. 

Because it’s pure masturbatory nonsense. Playing the constant victim mentality makes you look like a psycho when you’re at the top of entertainment. Look at Taylor Swift and her success. She’s on a 5 year vendetta to re-record her imperial works purely out of self satisfaction and is selling worse versions of her music to her fans. It only feeds into your delusion that they’re some underdog group when in reality they’re literally at the top and on a hiatus. It only served the interests of the fans to feed more into their parasocial underdog mentality  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

True, I can agree that ARMY shouldn't be going out to hunt down random idols who they think are guilty. However, BTS didn't name any names and I don't think its fair to silence them from telling their story in a book that is supposed to be a culmination of their 10 year history.

I just think it's so cheap to pretend like they're lying when they have been talking about this mistreatment for the entirety of their careers now.

that's fair, of course BTS should be able to talk about the hardships they've faced on the come up as nugus from a small company

likewise, someone like Jessica should be able to share how she was kicked out of her group in her book or Loona one day will be able to share more about the mistreatment they faced from BBC

i just think twitter ARMY specifically is going to take it too far but I guess we'll see

nn goodluck to ygly once they decide to leave that shitty company

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

SKZ debuted a year before TXT in a more prestigious company

?????????????

Big Hit was inarguably the most prestigious agency they could've possibly debuted under

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

nn goodluck to ygly once they decide to leave that shitty company

They shoulda left while they had the chance and let that company crumble around them. It woulda been a huge power play and they would have saved a lot of future trainees from wasting their lives. :gaycat7:

Wait, a DVD :lakitu:

34 minutes ago, armink said:

So are you implying that the members are lying about this for clout? What clout do they need at this point? 

I don't understand how it's so difficult to understand that other people in the industry truly DID treat them like ****. This is probably still true for other idols from smaller companies.

Idk who this is about but I'm just going to choose to blame rat junior :irate:

Never said that! I specifically mentioned ARMYS! Did the members mentioned names? No. So why armys think they can names drop without any evidences? Or maybe they are in the bts members heads? 

Mind you Bts are talking about how Hybe overworked them and how they were about to disband but armys are more focused to act like victims again and targeting the same group over and over when they should ask why these boys were about to disband despite being the #1 group in the world 

25 minutes ago, armink said:

Only on chronically online spaces like these will people choose to forget that these are REAL PEOPLE who have been harassed by the entire world ever since 2016  :toofunny3:

Not everything is a calculated move to control the narrative. They get treated like garbage by the baguettes in here on the daily, it's not hard to fathom jealous loser idols did the same to them in real life.

You do know that Tao left the group years ago and the members doesn’t f with him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Century said:

They shoulda left while they had the chance and let that company crumble around them. It woulda been a huge power play and they would have saved a lot of future trainees from wasting their lives. :gaycat7:

the fact that bts already funded successful groups like: newjeans, txt, lsrfm and enhypen

twice already funded: itzy, stray kids, niziu, nmixx

while bp's money only birthed: treasure (the least successful big 4 bg so far no offense to melissa) and baemon who are yet to debut :deadbanana:

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Which of you weirdos posted this yesterday and exhibited exquisite taste that's had me listening to this masterpiece all morning? 

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

6 minutes ago, Century said:

BTS are extremely successful and every obstacle they faced in their careers still lead them to where we are today where even non-fans recognize them as the top kpop group. They aren't victims.

Please tell me you realize what this sounds like.

14 minutes ago, Century said:

The narrative that BTS are mistreated and need protection legitimizes and even in some instances encourages the worst behavior from Army. At some point they have to switch the narrative from being victims to being untouchable trailblazers and extremely successful. Lets not act like we haven't seem them literally calling for the deaths of other artists and their fans over "mistreatment". :deadbanana4:

They hard a hard come-up but so did literally all of the other greats. G-Dragon had to **** in a hole in the ground outside of YG, SNSD faced the black ocean, IU didn't know if she was going to make it, etc.

How dense do you have to be to not realize that they're only talking about PAST mistreatment. Today I'm sure most idols would lick the ground that they walk upon.

They were mistreated in the past and now have great privilege due to their unquestionable #1 status in the industry. Both of these statements can be true.

And I know you didn't just try to compare SNSD comeup from SM ENTERTAINMENT to BTS  :deadbanana4: truly just worms for brains

6 minutes ago, Century said:

None of the other top kpop acts ever gave their fans a sense of security in bashing others based off of nebulous past "mistreatment". We know exactly who it was pulling strings to give SNSD their black ocean, you don't see Taeyeon complaining about it or ignoring Sone threatening to shank Shindong. :gaycat6:

Did you just forget when Bang Chan unleashed his rabid fans on IVE a few weeks ago? Or how SNSD members were complaining that juniors weren't greeting them properly around the Holiday promotions? Idols have been talking about mistreatment forever now. Funny how its only a problem when BTS does it :toofunny3:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/controversy-sparks-junior-idols-allegedly-ignore-girls-generation-backstage/

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Because it’s pure masturbatory nonsense. Playing the constant victim mentality makes you look like a psycho when you’re at the top of entertainment. Look at Taylor Swift and her success. She’s on a 5 year vendetta to re-record her imperial works purely out of self satisfaction and is selling worse versions of her music to her fans. It only feeds into your delusion that they’re some underdog group when in reality they’re literally at the top and on a hiatus. It only served the interests of the fans to feed more into their parasocial underdog mentality  

Refer to what I said above.

They were mistreated in the past and now have great privilege due to their unquestionable #1 status in the industry. Both of these statements can be true. 

No one (sane) is saying they're mistreated right now.

• Thanks 1