K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

6 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

TWICE's numbers still stomp on any SM act though, so where do we go from here?  

Nowhere, who cares about mediocre streams on spotify, at least BTS and BP serve outstanding numbers for kpop standards lol. You all wanna act like they are flopping in Korea while smashing everywhere else lol. They are not.

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mel. said:

You’re so corny.

Say who?

14 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Look, I understand both point of view of people saying he was right of speaking his mind and It was unecessary, since he has a big plataform. But at least, If It's to criticize him - what I suppose It's a consequence -, It's better stop making it up what he actually said and meant. 

First of all, he didn't say he wants idols to bow to him and respect him as a senior. He was talking about multiple experiences he went through (and might been through again on Mubank Paris) where he greets an idol (like saying "hello"), they see and they don't greet back. Like It's just basic courtesy on every culture. 

Chan said he noticed It has been consistently something he has seen coming from younger idols. But he calls himself a boomer and said maybe there was just a shift on the generation and It's the new normal. He said maybe he was overthinking or maybe the idols are just shy and It's okay. He wasn't ranting angry on "young girls". 

In my opinion, It just seems like someone wanting to be open about a personal experience (like he has been before) and even thought about possibilities of the blame being on himself. 

IVE It's not being criticized because his words held that amount of power. They are being dragged for being IVE. And If there isn't a circustance to "validate" K-pop stans opinion about the girls' behavior, they will twist facts/words and fake it like they've been doing multiple times on Tiktok. 

So I think there's a misguided anger on both sides. And some things I've read here aren't different from the toxic behavior against IVE on other social media. 

Him voicing his issue is not the problem it’s how it was voiced. Intentionally or not he has stirred up a witch hunt and his fans landed on a target. He should have been more vague and not even mention an event. He’s not dumb he knows his fans were going to be curious and try to find out who the group was. 

The way some of y’all are acting in here is exactly why people are calling Bang Me Chan in the first place. :dies:
Especially miss italics, literally proving the point 

spacer.png

This isn't about men being oppressed, they're not at all, it's just talking about a double standard that this website has. I know some of you don't like Stray Kids music, tbh I don't really either, but Bang Chan did nothing wrong but be honest. :toofunny3: Many female idols have said the same including Hyoyeon and none of you called out any of them. 

Edited by Iridesence

Wtf is that Gidle song:bibliahh:can't believe cube allowed this to be released, they really want their only successful group to flop badly omg.

Look so cool look so sexy like Kim Kardashan
Look so cute look so pretty like Ariana

Scarlett Johansson GIF by NETFLIX

2 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Nowhere, who cares about mediocre streams on spotify, at least BTS and BP serve outstanding numbers for kpop standards lol. You all wanna act like they are flopping in Korea while smashing everywhere else lol. They are not.

Twice’s streaming numbers are nowhere near BTS and Blackpink but that’s not a drag. No one in kpop has those numbers. But Twice is still way above other kpop acts in Spotify aka the biggest streaming platform in the world. Just take your L and go instead of deflecting to “bbbut BTS and BP!!” :rip:

Bang Chan had been messy since he was shading Woojin on live. And if he’s man enough, I’m sure he can get the contact details of these idols or meet with them backstage and confront them in private.

Bowing is a sign of respect so maybe whoever doesn’t bow to him doesn’t respect him / SKZ.

Also, the IVE girls were probably wearing high heels so Stray Kidz members were not in their line of sight.:alexz2:

Edited by DanyelP23
  • Haha 1

I can't understand why would you guys fight over this non-event of a controversy who cares about whatever Bang Chan has to say, if he wants to speak his mind he can do it on a song, but ooh no, the stud decides to just put random noises on a hot beat call it a day.

11 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Why can’t he be vulnerable without being accused of “stirring up mess”? he was speaking with his fans about things on his mind and should be a safe space to do so

the fact that y’all are coming down more so hard on him than the culprits of being terrible people

Who’s the culprit? It’s his word only with no full proof of who he’s talking about. That’s the issue. We don’t know if Ive were the group or not but they’re still being attacked for it.

If TOMBOY can become their biggest hit, then Queencard has a chance of being a hit too. Koria, I trust you! :beatfreak:

why is this thread acting like irene or garam was never dragged :rip:

there are also several users in here who defend bang chan so mel’s post doesn’t make sense

Edited by hallucinate
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Wtf is that Gidle song:bibliahh:can't believe cube allowed this to be released, they really want their only successful group to flop badly omg.

The way they're not even going to flop with this s*** too. :dies: 

At this point it's like the shittier the song is, the more it smashes. :ghostface:

idle’s music was already pretty mediocre before soojin got kicked but now it’s even worse :deadbanana2: nxde was kinda cute i’ll admit and at least they SERVED on the new mv so they’re forgiven :bird:

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

why is this thread acting like irene or garam was never dragged :rip:

They were dragged, but just not as unanimously.

Girdle need to promote Lucid as THE B side so we can at least have some quality exposure for the album 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

This isn't about men being oppressed, they're not at all, it's just talking about a double standard that this website has. I know some of you don't like Stray Kids music, tbh I don't really either, but Bang Chan did nothing wrong but be honest. :toofunny3: Many female idols have said the same including Hyoyeon and none of you called out any of them. 

Hyo comment brought chaos back then 
you don't know what you are talking

btw, at least she made clear that she was discontented with the juniours in general, and not tried to make a witch hunt 
ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Twice’s streaming numbers are nowhere near BTS and Blackpink but that’s not a drag. No one in kpop has those numbers. But Twice is still way above other kpop acts in Spotify aka the biggest streaming platform in the world. Just take your L and go instead of deflecting to “bbbut BTS and BP!!” :rip:

I'm not deflecting, but pretending TWICE is bigger than certain other groups is stupid, we are not in 2018 anymore, their legacy and career stopped there, you guys should stick to Japanese stats those are cute, and the ocassional BB hot 100 debut is cute too.

• Like 1

i guess i'll be that intl. fan but all this over a bow 

spacer.png

could he not send an e-mail to starship or something, assuming this is about ive

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Iridesence said:

They were dragged, but just not as unanimously.

there are like 5 users who defended him in this thread, not everyone is hating :rip: GGs have more fans in KTRL so obviously they will drown out the hate a bit

4 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

The way they're not even going to flop with this s*** too. :dies: 

At this point it's like the shittier the song is, the more it smashes. :ghostface:

Nxde had way less longevity so... This Won't last long unless the korean gp really clicks with the message of the son 

Omg. Does anyone else feel like G-Idle just mixed a bunch of scenes from New Jeans videos for their new MV…? 

Just now, dlwlrma said:

Hyo comment brought chaos back then 
you don't know what you are talking

btw, at least she made clear that she was discontented with the juniours in general, and not tried to make a witch hunt 
ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Did he not also make it clear that he could have been disconnected from the new generations customs too though?

The idol then shared that he wasn’t cussing people out but sharing his reaction to not being greeted when interacting with people walking by. He also added that the “new” generation seems more relaxed about the custom of “greeting” people.

"At first, I was like, okay, then the more I thought about it, I was like, maybe I am overexaggerating. Maybe, I’m thinking too much about it. Maybe, I’m a boomer."

"I’m not going to say names, but I guess some people that I don’t know, I guess it’s like that. Maybe that could be the reason why, because there’s no connection. Maybe, they could’ve been shy or nervous."

3 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

Him voicing his issue is not the problem it’s how it was voiced. Intentionally or not he has stirred up a witch hunt and his fans landed on a target. He should have been more vague and not even mention an event. He’s not dumb he knows his fans were going to be curious and try to find out who the group was. 

Personally, I don't think he sharing or not the event would change many things. 

First time he mentioned It was one day after KCON LA. He didn't mention the event, but for me, It was very clear he had a bad experience there backstage because of timing. 

Regardless of this fact, IVE wasn't on the line up, but their haters start to blame them and drag them instead of look at who was on the event. So, for me, It's more of a problem K-pop commumity has been having with the girls than what he say or how he express himself.