K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Sera, Main AI Girl :jonny6:

PR Video - Ranked 3rd (Diamond Tier)

First Mission Death Match 1:1 - She challenged a 5th Ranked girl (another Diamond Tier) instead of other girls from Gold or Silver or Bronze and still won

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It’s so funny how much emphasis this thread puts on the domestic digital charts when they’ve never been profitable and I think our biggest takeaway from this data is just how unimportant they are.

I remember Lisa’s “Money” being labeled a flop for doing poorly on domestic digitals, but it has 607M Spotify streams. In comparison, only 1 girl group song has even hit 1.2B points in its run - and that’s only equivalent to 200M streams.

In fairness, the Circle digital charts do weed out manipulation much better than any charts globally, especially Spotify. But still.

Even for global superstar, a song can be a total flop in their home market (US for example) but a hit globally, and vice versa

What's wrong with discussing Korean hits in a thread about... Korean pop? :skull: 

And your theory about profitable is wrong because Gaon is essentially a revenue chart. And Spotify's revenue is dirt cheap. 607M Spotify streams only equal to like $1.2M in revenue for the artist (and their label would take a large cut as well). They probably made more than that just from 1 or 2 CF deals. 

Your Gaon equivalence is also dead wrong cuz DDDD has almost 250M streams from Melon alone

Didn't know Heejin can sing so well. The triple threat :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Didn't Wonyoung just resign with KBS to do another year :deadbanana2:Like this means that they ended on bad terms. I still can't believe that KBS dragged her and set up their own MC on national television like that :rip: 

And the irony of it all is that KBS dragged Wonyoung's vocals on national television and are now replacing her with the 2nd best vocalist 4th gen right after dragging her vocals. :deadbanana2: KBS really said that non-singers aren't allowed on their program anymore and only REAL SINGERS are allowed from now on :dies:

HaeWON :clap3:

How did KBS drag her 

2NE1chella or aechella 2022 which one is better, forgotten and iconic? :sistrens:

as a bitter blonk (jk i'm a blackjack too), 2ne1chella was a nonevent imo they gagged everyone that day but was forgotten the next day :deadbanana:  

Edited by MonsterNavy

10 minutes ago, newaespa said:

HYERPOP/ae1 is coming  :hippo:

i'll make you cry and savage are 2 of aespa's best songs omg if we get more songs in the vein of i'll make you cry for ae1 :WAP: 

aechella is a MOMENT, especially in ATRL

2NE1chella is just... there

BLACKPINK & aespa (& newjeans) are the future of KPOP :clap3: 

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

i'll make you cry and savage are 2 of aespa's best songs omg if we get more songs in the vein of i'll make you cry for ae1 :WAP: 

not you totally ignoring the best song in GIRLS album :chick3:

2 minutes ago, newaespa said:

not you totally ignoring the best song in GIRLS album :chick3:

illusion? cause that's the only listenable song on that album :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

illusion? cause that's the only listenable song on that album :toofunny2:

pls, no slander to the best nct song (girls)

Edited by newaespa

25 minutes ago, newaespa said:

HYERPOP/ae1 is coming  :hippo:

we won

i'll make you cry is genuinely one of the best kpop songs I've ever heard

Are there any Lumina on this site, does anyone follow the international group BlackSwan, formerly RaNia? They just performed at the FIH Odisha Hockey Men's World Cup, in India. Debut performance of their new(est :spin:) member, Nvee. 

I like their song Close To Me, but it's been well over a year since their last comeback, and their lineup has changed dramatically. New music, when? 

Not Next Level still my #1 song  :juanny:

Captura-spiot.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Please, there's barely any gap :toofunny2: But we can look at other places to find the real gaps :cm:

The defensiveness. For context, you weren't here in 2021 when AF was called a hit and Queendom a bomb :cm:

2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Are there any Lumina on this site, does anyone follow the international group BlackSwan, formerly RaNia? They just performed at the FIH Odisha Hockey Men's World Cup, in India. Debut performance of their new(est :spin:) member, Nvee. 

I like their song Close To Me, but it's been well over a year since their last comeback, and their lineup has changed dramatically. New music, when? 

I've kinda given up on them lately, as much as Fatou and Sriya are born slayers.

The group management is just TOO messy and the company doesn't communicate what's going on. This new member appeared out of nowhere, Judy and Youngheun were kicked out of nowhere, Leia keeps coming and going from Brazil, Fatou is unfollowing and refollowing the group and the huge gaps between comebacks.

I just can't do it. Plus it feels like a cringe Koreaboo group these days. It's a pity.

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

I've kinda given up on them lately, as much as Fatou and Sriya are born slayers.

The group management is just TOO messy and the company doesn't communicate what's going on. This new member appeared out of nowhere, Judy and Youngheun were kicked out of nowhere, Leia keeps coming and going from Brazil, Fatou is unfollowing and refollowing the group and the huge gaps between comebacks.

I just can't do it. Plus it feels like a cringe Koreaboo group these days. It's a pity.

:bibliahh: I don't disagree with any of your points, but somehow I can't stop checking for them to see what new mess DR Music is up to. I'll still be listening to Close To Me in 2024, we know there's no comeback coming this year! Miss Judy and Yongheun so much 

Edited by Reginald

Just now, Reginald said:

:bibliahh: I don't disagree with any of your points, but somehow I can't stop checking for them to see what new mess DR Music is up to. I'll still be listening to Close To Me in 2024, we know there's no comeback coming this year! Miss Judy and Yongheun so much 

Oh yeah I will still stream their bops (Close To Me, Over and Over and even some from the (BP) Rania era like Demonstrate, Start A Fire and Make Me Ah and Beep Beep)

But since they randomly kicked out the Korean members it's just not been IT for me. Like there's no authenticity. Plus Leia still in the group after all that mess doesn't sit right either.

I thought they were working on a new song last year but nothing came. Personally I think DR can't afford it yet :gaycat6:

7 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Time for some real rock-chick magic :loud: Yerin Baek honestly deserves so much more recognition

she hinted at returning to the US w the band this year when I saw her a few weeks ago, so another album + possible tour are coming :jonny6:

biggest spill on Twitter today.

HYLT is such a bad opener bc of the slow tempo first verse 

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Oh yeah I will still stream their bops (Close To Me, Over and Over and even some from the (BP) Rania era like Demonstrate, Start A Fire and Make Me Ah and Beep Beep)

But since they randomly kicked out the Korean members it's just not been IT for me. Like there's no authenticity. Plus Leia still in the group after all that mess doesn't sit right either.

I thought they were working on a new song last year but nothing came. Personally I think DR can't afford it yet :gaycat6:

I understand this because i feel the same way!!! DR music is so messy, BUT it is not something new. Even though I miss Judy and Yongheun, I do think the new members seem interesting. Shreya seems to be overflowing with talent, her stability is insane.  :clap3:

31 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Please, there's barely any gap :toofunny2: But we can look at other places to find the real gaps :cm:

Spotify:

Alcohol free - 166M

Queendom - 89M

YouTube: 

Alcohol Free - 259M

Queendom - 116M

https://i.ibb.co/MhGF89S/ezgif-2-a6407cef90.gif

Like they thought they ate. Queendom hit buy AF flop :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, hammer said:

I understand this because i feel the same way!!! DR music is so messy, BUT it is not something new. Even though I miss Judy and Yongheun, I do think the new members seem interesting. Shreya seems to be overflowing with talent, her stability is insane.  :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Zack said:

TASTE! And the classic Dr. Feel Good :WAP:  I s2g that song can be played 10x in a row without being worn out!

@hammer Yes, Shreya is amazing. So cool to see other people following this group on here! 

1 minute ago, hammer said:

That's true and I do admit sometimes the messy drama of this group is interesting to follow. Like I was kinda getting my drama fix when Hyeme was revealed to have a secret husband and she also scammed some guy on Instagram out of $50,000 while in the group :deadbanana4:

OT: Sriya is a gem, DR is lucky to have her. I also got impressed by how fast she learned Korean to a high standard. Gabi is okay too but I found her a bit boring. I don't know anything about NVee (this stage name is so tragic though)

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

Like they thought they ate. Queendom hit buy AF flop :bibliahh:

Queendom has been revealed to have more digital points and it peaked higher. Hit!

You can ask @Pluto2022 why they thought it was relevant to bring in international stats into a discussion about domestic digital points.