K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

ngl, it's kinda refreshing to see this thread having a long discussing about actual bg talents instead of sexualizing them for once :dies:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why Mnet insists on working so hard to make this show so miserable.

:cm:

9 minutes ago, Century said:

It depends on what we're measuring. If we're looking for real hits that connected with the general public and not teenage girls, or albums that were sold to listeners and not to end up in a landfill, SJ lands at the bottom of this list, and several b tier groups would be moved up above them and TVXQ. SJ had like 3 real hits and one of the songs you named of theirs previous isn't on the list.

If we're going off of the size and strength of the fandom and pure album sales/seats filled at events, you need to swap SHINee and TVXQ, maybe even putting them above SJ based off their Japanese popularity.

Also it bares repeating that in both metrics Big Bang completely destroys every other 2nd gen boy group and the only acts who come close to them are IU, SNSD, and BTS.(even then its hard to compare bc the popularity of them all hit at different times in different markets and with different demographics)

LOL Do you all really think Big Bang was ever bigger than TVXQ?

TVXQ

Korea - 4,037,827

Japan - 8,157,085

Best-Seller Korea - MIROTIC - 605,198

Best-Seller Japan - Best Selection 2010 - 584,843

BIG BANG

Korea - 2,504,057

Japan - 1,459,430

Best-Seller Korea - ALIVE - 278,673

Best-Seller Japan - Best 2006-2014 - 221,651

TVXQ is only “forgotten” because SM tried to bury them.

Just now, Eternium said:

LOL Do you all really think Big Bang was ever bigger than TVXQ?

TVXQ

Korea - 4,037,827

Japan - 8,157,085

Best-Seller Korea - MIROTIC - 605,198

Best-Seller Japan - Best Selection 2010 - 584,843

BIG BANG

Korea - 2,504,057

Japan - 1,459,430

Best-Seller Korea - ALIVE - 278,673

Best-Seller Japan - Best 2006-2014 - 221,651

TVXQ is only “forgotten” because SM tried to bury them.

BB has never been a top album seller. It's their singles and tours. Specifically their singles taking a lawn mower to dbsk. 

Agreed that they're a classic case of SM sabotage though. :bunny:

22 minutes ago, BTS said:

Jimin worst singer but best discography 

he never misses :clap3:

the Britney Spears of BTS. Like Crazy should have been the title

Just now, Josh said:

the Britney Spears of BTS. Like Crazy should have been the title

it was

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

ngl, it's kinda refreshing to see this thread having a long discussing about actual bg talents instead of sexualizing them for once :dies:

post a pic of Lee Knowles thighs

14 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yeah definitely more his Justice incoming, but I wanted to be dramatic and say Future Nostalgia cause of Break My Heart :fan:

Songs like Hold on, Anyone, Can’t be myself and Peaches are good so I’m fine with a Justice type of album in Korean 

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

it was

thought it was the second single

I wouldn't be shocked if Jungkook's lead single is fully English

1dd211e699e1270a2b99789ed0e390f8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

It’s different in the West but in kpop the 2nd singles are the main ones. 
The “title track” is the main single released the same day as the album. 
1st singles are “pre-releases” and rarely do as well with exceptions.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

No set me free was just a pre release

Just now, BTS said:

It’s different in the West but in kpop the 2nd singles are the main ones. 
The “title track” is the main single released the same day as the album. 
1st singles are “pre-releases” and rarely do as well with exceptions.

thanks! I hated Set Me Free but LC was pop perfection

The only real, non stan-driven metric TVXQ has over BB is ccs of silicone, and I'll admit that's some stiff competition next to certain BB members. :bunny:

Edited by Century

9 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

post a pic of Lee Knowles thighs

Okay

b6202725885ad74ee372dcb283eb5e88.jpg507fedb9f64478318cf012ec82bbd346.jpgd5f2a7854d080268a11144538a4be865.jpg446640b5997395a7a331d5749d17e843.jpg

c63065a2fce367b25ffea3fc1e31506c.jpg

Edited by Pluto2022

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Okay

b6202725885ad74ee372dcb283eb5e88.jpg507fedb9f64478318cf012ec82bbd346.jpgd5f2a7854d080268a11144538a4be865.jpg446640b5997395a7a331d5749d17e843.jpg

c63065a2fce367b25ffea3fc1e31506c.jpg

i love a tight man

8 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Leaked footage of Min Heejin discovering fire:

07139136af33695800991bdd51877d3f.jpg

That’s not what I said. MHJ’s signature is the group circle shots and they followed it up with some shots that were clearly inspired by her. She’s the most successful and influential creative director of the past two decades in K-pop - is it really that hard for you girls to see when she inspires other artists? :confused: 

25 minutes ago, Century said:

The way they all disappeared after the group underperformed like roaches scattering. There's a few 3rd gen fandoms I'll be happy to see that happen to.:bibliahh:

There has never been another fanbase as toxic as ELFs since. They’ll go down with the Justin Timberlake fans and Fighters as the worst fanbases ever :shakeno:

9 minutes ago, New Edition said:

The way people are going to watch this when it's literally produced by the guy that just got released from prison for rigging Produce series.

5 minutes ago, Century said:

The only real, non stan-driven metric TVXQ has over BB is ccs of silicone, and I'll admit that's some stiff competition next to certain BB members. :bunny:

Maybe if Big Bang could have gotten some fans, they wouldn’t have had to have relied on sajaegi for all those years. Like what was the point of YG giving away all those free downloads if nobody bothered to buy their albums?

IdgKcVO.gif

4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Maybe if Big Bang could have gotten some fans, they wouldn’t have had to have relied on sajaegi for all those years. Like what was the point of YG giving away all those free downloads if nobody bothered to buy their albums?

IdgKcVO.gif

In the climate that EVERY group was having free downloads counted towards digitals that I've only ever seen you use as an argument for BB and not our shared fav who benefitted just as much, they still charted head and shoulders above everybody else, including in countries where this wasn't a factor. No amount of Japanese fangirls could expand TVXQ's non-East Asian popularity above even Super Junior, the least talented big 4 boy group ever with undoubtedly the worst discography of all time. 

IdgKcVO.gif

Edited by Century

and sorry but BB has Japan tour stops with 100k+ attendance too so you can't use that receipt either, come up with something new to use against the undisputed modern king of pop.

IdgKcVO.gif