K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

4 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

But it's not like they got launched that way.  Their multi-national co-label invested in them, but they wouldn't start pushing good money into bad money until they proved themselves worthy. 

And if you followed their 4-track debut assault, they really didn't prove themselves at all, and the help didn't come.  Only when the economized 1-track effort "Cupid" started doing tiktok things in ways their debut tracks could never did their corporate overlord machinery deemed it was worthy to engage in the pushing.

Strangely, Warner has a much better relationship with tiktok than they do with spotify.  Probably find the spying features useful for market research.

:cm:

explain this in baby language please

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow this is so moving and the message :clap3:. Holland has truly come such a long way.

also Jiwoong is looking more and more like Lee Know to me @Pluto2022

So there is a possibility of ex-LIGHTSUM Jian debuting in another group later. She stated not long ago that she left cube on her own accord and wasn't kicked out. She didn't state the reasons but talked about being trained as a vocalist and ended up debuting as a rapper because the producer of Vanilla said her vocal tone was perfect for raps, and cube agreed that's how her position was switched a month before debut. She also shared her school + idol schedule being hectic, mind you she's 16 now and was 14 when the group debuted (literally a middle schooler).

She shared that she is still working on vocals and dancing, and these days she even trains in songwriting and producing.

Edited by Xalric

1 hour ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Nmixx has a lof more Japanese fans than expected. 

Where did you get that from?

I hate how k-pop companies are when it comes to producers.

You got all that money but you're working with the same hags (teddy/bekuh boom) over and over again. 

Putting millions into music videos but the actual music hasn't evolved since 2015.

spacer.png

You could easily create a BTS-ender with some A.G Cook / Danny L Harle / arca production. (Maybe j-pop will take notes.)

9 minutes ago, Get said:

Where did you get that from?

I think O.O is a hit there:coffee:. It's one of the most popular k-pop songs in Japanese Karaoke last year.:cm: It's pretty weird but true

4 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Good to see them switch to better distribution with global label like Warner Music Group.

I think the lesser known WMG sub-label like Elektra, Reprise and Sire will be their distribution partner in North America cause Warner Records already have Aespa, and I don't see Atlantic will handle Kpop acts yet.

#HypeBoy1stWin after 8 months :jonny5::coffee2:

Just now, karlo_98 said:

The longevity is Love Dive level :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Odd said:

You could easily create a BTS-ender with some A.G Cook / Danny L Harle / arca production.

@ aespa’s A&R

Now comeback and stop pandering to the noise music.

Polaroid Love :clap3:

hype god winning after 8 months is historic :chick3:

Hype Boy first win :jonny6:

:deadbanana4:  Soyeon better lash at this boy

Cupid is heavily autoplayed. ofc It went viral on tiktok, but autoplay was on from the first day of entry on Spotify charts. their label played it smart and capitalized on viral tiktok hit. 

I just find it funny that the users that shaded NewJeans over it are screaming #organic for them (especially when Ditto was affected by autoplay around 2 weeks after release), but that's probably because NJ threatens them more than 5050. :celestial4:

Good music winning anyways and labels need to update their outdated payola methods :bird:

Edited by lily42

9 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Hype Boy first win :jonny6:

:deadbanana4:  Soyeon better lash at this boy

Not him changing the gender :rip:

18 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Now comeback and stop pandering to the noise music.

Polaroid Love :clap3:

It's like a pooooolaroid love, sarang something something something

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pyq1f5xr5e3c8nxoju

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Nobody:

Jisoo doing the FLOWER choreography:

britswayhips.gif

2rqv0i.gif

dua-lipa-dua-lipa-dance.gif

I'm still trying to see where do people see or have proof of a song being auto-played, cause none of the songs y'all claimed being forced to you or heavily auto-played, are never being played for me. Instead, I still get a lot of Stray Kids, Oneus & TXT forced on me.

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

This is so funny :lmao: 

All those sales for these “albums” with two mediocre tracks. Kpop truly is a competition between fans and not about the music

Those are bulk sales international fans save money for months in advance IU is still the most consumed organically 

2 hours ago, Odd said:

I hate how k-pop companies are when it comes to producers.

You got all that money but you're working with the same hags (teddy/bekuh boom) over and over again. 

Putting millions into music videos but the actual music hasn't evolved since 2015.

spacer.png

You could easily create a BTS-ender with some A.G Cook / Danny L Harle / arca production. (Maybe j-pop will take notes.)

Some companies. Source music bringing in Isabella Lovestory for LSFR title track was absolutely legendary. ADOR bringing in fresh producers as well

56 minutes ago, Flomik said:

@ aespa’s A&R

get them again for me 

11 hours ago, Lost In Paradise said:

ngl @Mel. kinda made some points.... Ahyeon sounds incredible and it's really starting to feel like she's gonna be THE moment

I’m a bit invested in them, YG knew what he was doing with that documentary :rip:

I’d like to see if they are able to pull off BP’s bangers, every group is struggling with it, so it’d be interesting

8 hours ago, katyberry said:

korea is just giving anything a rak or pak these days...

as if NJ didn’t occupy top 3 for 3 months :rip:

7 hours ago, FACT said:

They did Ador better than Ador :deadvision: Pray for Min Heejin 

how has that anything to do with Ador? their bg audition was much more Ador-ish and on brand than this mess :rip:

1 hour ago, karlo_98 said:

deserved :clap3:it just hit 270m on Spotify too!