• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Miss Show Business

• JustLikeHoney

Pete Buttigieg being given this position was clearly nothing more than a reward for him bowing out of the primary early and uniting moderates behind Biden to block Bernie Sanders. Not because he was remotely qualified for the job.

Pete Buttigieg should resign in disgrace. He’s as horrendous as a public servant as he is at being a politician.

The way neolibs have been framing any criticism towards him as homophobia 💀

4 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

The way neolibs have been framing any criticism towards him as homophobia 💀

Probably part of why he was even given the job, aside from it being a transactional reward for Super Tuesday :ahh: 

Any criticism of Biden is similarly watered down to “oh, so you hate BLACK VOTERS and think they’re stupid?!”

I don't want to be too fair to Pete but airlines are a disaster everywhere right now, even here in Australia where its summer :skull:

All our governments should have done way more by now. Its anti-consumer bs currently

Just now, Miss Show Business said:

The way I knew exactly who the op would be :redface:

Why is Pete immune to criticism for failing at his job? Quickly!

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Why is Pete immune to criticism for failing at his job? Quickly!

Why do supposed "leftists" keep posting Fox News takes? Quickly!

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

Why do supposed "leftists" keep posting Fox News takes? Quickly!

Where is there a Fox News take in this thread regarding this failed politician being given a position he’s unqualified for and undeserving of? :celestial5:

Fox News would be screeching about him taking paternity leave for a job in which he’s done absolutely nothing. Which, hey, would actually be fair game considering how badly he sucks :cm:

15 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

keep posting Fox News

The people quoted in the OP:

• Long-time Democratic staffer David Sirota, husband to Democratic Rep Emily Sirota (CO-9)
  • Ro Khanna, Democratic Rep (CA-17)
  • The Lever, a left-wing independent news site founded by David Sirota
  • A journalist for New York Mag and The Atlantic

Where do you see anyone from Fox News? :deadbanana4:

Some of these people have been working for Democrats for longer than you or Pete were born. :skull:

:skull:

Edited by Communion

8 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Where is there a Fox News take in this thread regarding this failed politician

Failed politician who's gone further in life than you ever will. :bibliahh: keep seething!

The problem is much bigger than Pete, and frankly, this is the type of scenario to be expected from Southwest, which shouldn’t exist.

You guys act like this storm and holiday influx of passengers is all his fault and that he can simply snap his fingers force Southwest to get their **** together. :dies:

I swear... bitter ATRL queens can't stand to see another gay man in a position of power or happy. :biblio:

4 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Failed politician who's gone further in life than you ever will. :bibliahh: keep seething!

That's pretty easy if you get your foot in the door by establishing yourself as an armchair analyst for the military and a price fixer of bread for McKinsey! Some of us aren't as interested in selling our souls to fulfill the impossible dream of a gay boy with a mayonnaise-like complexion becoming president!

3 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

You guys act like this storm and holiday influx of passengers is all his fault and that he can simply snap his fingers force Southwest to get their **** together. :dies:

I swear... bitter ATRL queens can't stand to see another gay man in a position of power or happy. :biblio:

Pete Buttigieg being a gay man has nothing to do with him doing his job poorly. Furthermore, the majority of Southwest's cancellations have nothing to do with weather and more to do with them not keeping track of where their flight staff are even located for scheduling purposes.

9 minutes ago, Archetype said:

to be expected from Southwest, which shouldn’t exist.

.........which is why people are calling on the DoT to issue massive fines to prevent this from ever happening again? :deadbanana4: Girlies, I know that it's a pop music forum, but I need y'all to engage with the actual texts! 

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That's pretty easy if you get your foot in the door by establishing yourself as an armchair analyst for the military and a price fixer of bread for McKinsey! Some of us aren't as interested in selling our souls to fulfill the impossible dream of a gay boy with a mayonnaise-like complexion becoming president!

Every word, practically every letter you type about this man reeks of bitterness and hate. It's truly sad to see... It's very much giving crabs in the barrel.

16 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

he can simply snap his fingers force Southwest to get their **** together. 

...what do you think regulatory agencies... do? :deadbanana4:

I know not everyone is fully enthralled in consumer ethics but it's wild that some of you are legitimately like "I don't think we need to do anything drastic like fine a greedy corporation into bankruptcy!!" just because it aligns with the inaction of the politician who you've chosen to stan because you share their sexuality. :deadbanana4:

They could make Ariana Grande the next Secretary of Transportation and if she said we don't need to fine Southwest, I'd say **** her and fine Southwest out of business. :deadbanana4: No "I met with them and they promise to do their best". Corruption demands punishment.

The literal point of the government is to bring the hammer down on private business. :skull:

Edited by Communion

5 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Every word, practically every letter you type about this man reeks of bitterness and hate. It's truly sad to see... It's very much giving crabs in the barrel.

Pete got his foot in the door by making poor people in the Global South and at home miserable. Spare me. :ahh: 

Just now, Communion said:

.........which is why people are calling on the DoT to issue massive fines to prevent this from ever happening again? :deadbanana4: Girlies, I know that it's a pop music forum, but I need y'all to engage with the actual texts! 

……..so you agree that bargain bin airlines like Southwest, Spirit, Frontier, etc which are only able to operate by purposely providing the worst experience to consumers to save money shouldn’t exist, which would prevent millions of people in the US from having the ability to afford flying?

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

……..so you agree that bargain bin airlines like Southwest, Spirit, Frontier, etc which are only able to operate by purposely providing the worst experience to consumers to save money shouldn’t exist, which would prevent millions of people in the US from having the ability to afford flying?

Being able to afford flying means nothing if your flights are constantly getting cancelled. What's not clicking? :deadbanana4:

15 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Every word you type reeks of mindless stanning for a career politician. Get serious. Peter does not care about you.

Just now, Archetype said:

which are only able to operate by purposely providing the worst experience to consumers to save money 

Sounds like they got plenty of cash, from what I'm reading, sis!

If even the KHive are recognizing this as corporate greed, it's corporate greed. Let's not be contrarian. :skull:

We can't try the whole "it's not this INDIVIDUAL [who leads a regulatory agency]'s fault, it's the fault of the corrupt businesses!" angle.. but then make it seem as though the person in power can't push for real regulatory action because somehow regulations will backfire and we're victim to corporations being omnipotent.

No one is blaming Pete Buttigieg for the corporate greed; the corporate greed exists because of capitalism.

He's a topic of discussion because he chose to be the Secretary of Transportation, a niche role where he was subsequently then automatically the most high-profile person to ever fill, and is having to answer for the lack of regulatory action on this kind of corporate greed. 

People don't want claims of "assurance" and "talks" with the corporation. They want regulatory action. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.