Serbia places security forces on Kosovo border at state of 'full combat readiness'

VOSS

skynews-rudare-protest-serbia_6006721.jp

Serbian security forces on the border with Kosovo have been placed on a state of "full combat readiness".

The order was given by Serbia's interior minister Bratislav Gasic, who said he was acting on instructions from President Aleksandar Vucic so that "all measures be taken to protect the Serbian people in Kosovo".

Kosovo has not responded to the move.

It comes after weeks of escalating tension between the two sides, with ethnic Serbs claiming they are being harassed by the ethnic Albanian majority in Kosovo.

The war in Kosovo ended in 1999, with NATO intervention.

Kosovo declared independence in 2008 but Serbia refuses to recognise this and has repeatedly warned it will protect local Serbs "with all means" if they are attacked.

The European Union has been trying to mediate between the two sides and Serbia, which has been armed with the help of Russian support, has agreed to talks.

Source

Yikes! :biblionny: @Spice @idkwiam stay safe sisters

We here support Dua Lipa's Kosovo

Yikes! the racist, Serbophobic user from neighbouring country who never misses a chance to add fuel onto fire to get his quick lil daily kii already perched in here

22 hours ago, apasionata said:

Yikes! the racist, Serbophobic user from neighbouring country who never misses a chance to add fuel onto fire to get his quick lil daily kii already perched in here

You can't be racist to Serbs sis :rip:

Also "Serbophobic" is not a word, what is this honey :bibliahh:

-----

OT: I hope Kosovars stay safe :dancehall:

I don't think that Serbia is in a position to start a war now. The outcome would be the same like '99 for them, so I doubt it. Idk what the goal here is really 

Vučić is doing this because everyone forgot about him and his shenanigans. :skull: Europe cared for half an hour, the situation de-escalated and he got what he wanted - attention. See you in 2-3 months and then again and again. 

As long as he does his usual business with Kosovo, EU leaders won't ask him whose side he is on - EU/Ukraine or Russia. He's been sitting on two chairs since forever and 2022 was the right time to get a clear answer for him. It's clear that Serbia won't join the EU anytime soon, especially not with him as head of state but then Serbia's negotiations need to be frozen like with Turkey and the Kosovo situation needs to be solved. 

On 12/27/2022 at 11:42 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Yikes! :biblionny: @Spice @idkwiam stay safe sisters

We here support Dua Lipa's Kosovo

Thanks bestie.

On 12/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Kamil24 said:

Why do they want land full of people that want nothing to do with them? :skull:

I spoke to a Serb coworker and he told me it’s because “historically” that land that today is Kosovo has been part of Serbia for centuries. Even if today there are a majority of Albanians living there, they just don’t want to give it up lol

9 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

I spoke to a Serb coworker and he told me it’s because “historically” that land that today is Kosovo has been part of Serbia for centuries. Even if today there are a majority of Albanians living there, they just don’t want to give it up lol

Seems pointless, how would Serbia having that extra land impact his life in any way?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.