JK Rowling: “Merry Terfmas ?”

Bimbo

On 12/27/2022 at 8:21 AM, HRH said:

Women don't need to prove a thing to you lmao. She is a hypocrite for supporting Depp and Manson, but it's so bizarre that you think that feminists owe you a burden of proof.

Are you being purposefully dumb?

What do you mean by women don't have to meet the thing everyone who makes claims like they're normal people have to meet?

Women are not exceptional beings, they're humans and will operate within the rules of logic like men can.

I understand that mediocre social media feminism has made ciswomen some sort of special being above reproach and with no faults but here in the real world, a woman says people are dangerous and rapists to her millions of followers repeatedly, she better be ready and able to prove it with the full circumference of her billionaire pocketbook.

Please stop disrespecting women and moving feminism back hundreds of years because you're too lazy to respect women enough to expect standards from their beliefs.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• HRH

• Headlock

• its_britney_bitch

35 minutes ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

Are you being purposefully dumb?

What do you mean by women don't have to meet the thing everyone who makes claims like they're normal people have to meet?

Women are not exceptional beings, they're humans and will operate within the rules of logic like men can.

I understand that mediocre social media feminism has made ciswomen some sort of special being above reproach and with no faults but here in the real world, a woman says people are dangerous and rapists to her millions of followers repeatedly, she better be ready and able to prove it with the full circumference of her billionaire pocketbook.

Please stop disrespecting women and moving feminism back hundreds of years because you're too lazy to respect women enough to expect standards from their beliefs.

You could have just said you hated women right away, no need to write essays about nothing

15 hours ago, Communion said:

No, you've just spent 10 long pages defending every incoherent thing she's done while at the same time accosting people who logically find her needless bigotry against different types of women to be harmful and accusing them of doing everything she's guilty of.

It's been 10 (!) pages and not a single one of you have presented any kind of coherent defense of Rowling.

Neither @awesomepossumor @Literature can remember where they swear they saw men being allowed into women's prison (notice how they, like you, wanted to keep asserting that you can't call trans women "women" despite literally being women but denying that they were calling them "men").

@its_britney_bitch still can't find an answer for why their defense of Rowling demanding the end to trans healthcare should get no pushback or "dogpiling" is somehow not an endorsement of these views.

And then there's you, having literally no argument or a semblance of intelligence to try and even disguise your hatred of trans people that you resort to random personal attacks and sounding like a 13-year-old boy going "TRIGGERED!!" over people condemning Rowling's friend for literally endorsing genocide:deadbanana4:

It's tiring. These dupes and ban evasions  At least entertain us if you're gonna be a bigot. :skull:

I hope you find peace. :heart:

FkWwA-oXkAEh3JX?format=jpg&name=900x900

Why are you so obsessed with me? Stop tagging me.

It’s possible to disagree with someone and still believe they have a right to that opinion and to not be bullied for that opinion, in case some of you forgot

for someone that hates the trans lifestyle she sure talks about it a whole lot?

6 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

It’s possible to disagree with someone and still believe they have a right to that opinion and to not be bullied for that opinion, in case some of you forgot

I hope you say that about people with homophobic, racist and sexist opinions. 

Thank god i've never liked that Harry Potter trash :pukey:

Such a vile woman

6 minutes ago, *.Digambar.* said:

I hope you say that about people with homophobic, racist and sexist opinions. 

We do! And we explain to them, respectfully and amicably, why they may be wrong. We also listen to their perspectives as well, as we are not so arrogant to think that we are right 100% of the time and just happen to be the arbiters of truth and morality. Have you perhaps considered such a possibility...? 

Edited by Literature

7 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Does JK's right to an opinion outweigh trans people's right to access medically-necessary care - something her opinion is explicitly calling to ban? 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:15 PM, Communion said:

random personal attacks

On 12/27/2022 at 9:15 PM, Communion said:

you, having literally no argument or a semblance of intelligence

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Legend ReX said:

spacer.png

Being transphobic is not a mark of intelligence, and clearly I was right:

HRH

HRH

Banned

I asked it before and I'll say it again - genuinely, what is some of y'all's end game in trying to spread hatred towards trans people? Articulate. Speak your truth. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

42 minutes ago, Ricanaire said:

for someone that hates the trans lifestyle she sure talks about it a whole lot?

Why do y'all exaggerate? She's made it clear that she simply dislikes that some trans women try to include themselves in cis-woman feminism, while she believes that trans women should have a separate feminist movement of their own. Hence the trans-exclusionary part of the TERF acronym. She doesn't hate trans people in general though.

This discourse is so tired. 
JK and her supporters are bigots with no intention for genuine discussion or interest to consider a perspective beyond their own, and the energy advocating for trans rights is best spent elsewhere. 

LGBT+ advocates & “community” should stop lending credence to the words of these people, as it only serves to embolden them & provide continued “lol triggered” fodder & talking points that ultimately do nothing to better the lives of trans people, quite the opposite.

I understand people get a false kick of power or achievement through online discourse, but this is not translating as intended irl. Stop succumbing to the bait & giving power away. These people are making money off of incitement of hatred, fear, salacious characterisations & misinformation, & this tactic will continue to thrive as long as it’s watered.

”Are trans women, “women””, is such a dumb “debate” that assumes trans people aren’t completely aware of the biology they ******* LIVE. We’re beyond that, don’t allow regressive idiots to drag you down to engage in such elementary level realms. 

Push & vote for pro-trans legislation, support trans people in your life, show respect & keep it ******* moving. It’s so infuriating to see the constant reactivity to absolute bs. It’s such a predictable cycle that leads no where and makes zero progress. A bigot is not going to change their views when challenged, it is futile to invest or care what they think, and reactions are only going to be further weaponised because they are operating from a place of bad faith & intent to begin with. 

Trans people are people. Their identity and bodies should not be up for such gross dissection, debate & politicisation & it should not be the sole thing they’re defined by. Can the world please do better and stop feeding into this asininity. 

54 minutes ago, Literature said:

We do! And we explain to them, respectfully and amicably, why they may be wrong. We also listen to their perspectives as well, as we are not so arrogant to think that we are right 100% of the time and just happen to be the arbiters of truth and morality. Have you perhaps considered such a possibility...? 

…do you think homophobic, racist, and sexist people can be right about their “beliefs”? :deadbanana4: How do y’all not understand how obvious y’all are being??

29 minutes ago, FOCK said:

A bigot is not going to change their views when challenged,

No, but it will get them banned off of this largely LGBTQ+ website so others will not have to be subjected to their bigotry :heart:

16 minutes ago, Headlock said:

…do you think homophobic, racist, and sexist people can be right about their “beliefs”? :deadbanana4: How do y’all not understand how obvious y’all are being??

Firstly these terms are subjective. No one who YOU consider racist or sexist or homophobic would consider THEMSELVES racist or sexist or homophobic. Labelling is not a valid form of argumentation, its just ad hominem.

Secondly, 99% of the time these buzzwords are thrown around is because they are an easy cop out from having a discussion. Do you think people in real life actually care about being labelled like that? Do you think it changes their opinions? Has JK Rowling changed her stance due to being called a transphobe? These labels are just another way of supressing speech through social intimidation and sidestepping the actual points. This obsession with labelling, smearing, and de-platforming is a quality that really turns me off from the left. 

1 minute ago, Literature said:

Firstly these terms are subjective. No one who YOU consider racist or sexist or homophobic would consider THEMSELVES racist or sexist or homophobic. Labelling is not a valid form of argumentation, its just ad hominem.

Good god, are you suggesting bigots can get out of being called out if they just don’t “choose to identify as bigots”? :deadbanana4: Calling someone a bigot isn’t ad hominem, it’s an identifier :rip: If you don’t want to be called a bigot, don’t be one :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Literature said:

These labels are just another way of supressing speech through social intimidation and sidestepping the actual points. This obsession with labelling, smearing, and de-platforming is a quality that really turns me off from the left. 

Why do you want to platform the hate speech of bigots? Why is hate speech being dealt with appropriately through punishment bad to you? Why do you view identifying bigots as being as such “smearing”? Again, y’all are fully giving yourselves away :rip:

11 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Good god, are you suggesting bigots can get out of being called out if they just don’t “choose to identify as bigots”? :deadbanana4: Calling someone a bigot isn’t ad hominem, it’s an identifier :rip: If you don’t want to be called a bigot, don’t be one :deadbanana4:

Why do you want to platform the hate speech of bigots? Why is hate speech being dealt with appropriately through punishment bad to you? Why do you view identifying bigots as being as such “smearing”? Again, y’all are fully giving yourselves away :rip:

It's like talking to a wall :dies:

Yeah, the billions of people around the globe who don't share your hyper-specific, westernized perspective of the world should definitely just accept that they're "bigots" and worthy of having their ideas, opinions, and beliefs supressed and ignored. It's clear you don't care at all about learning about other people's views but rather only about banning and controlling what they can think and say. Sad and quite scary. Yikes. I might not agree with all of their talking points but I'm very glad there's currently a huge counter-cultural reaction against authoritarian people like you. 

Edited by Literature

6 minutes ago, Literature said:

Yeah, the billions of people around the globe who don't share your hyper-specific, westernized perspective of the world should definitely just accept that they're "bigots" and worthy of having their ideas, opinions, and beliefs supressed and ignored. It's clear you don't care at all about learning about other people's views but rather only about banning and controlling what they can think and say. Sad and quite scary. Yikes. I might not agree with all of their talking points but I'm very glad there's currently a huge counter-cultural reaction against authoritarian people like you. 

Why do you want to find out about the “beliefs” of homophobes, sexists, and racists? Why do you view cracking down on hate speech to be authoritarian? Why do you want hate speech to be freely expressed without consequence?

This is what you are advocating for by framing minorities fighting back against prejudice to be “authoritarian, controlling, and scary”. You know who doesn’t like minorities acquiring power? Bigots who hate those minorities. Literally just say it. We’re not buying your “I’m just interested in others’ opinions” nonsense :rip:

12 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Why do you want to find out about the “beliefs” of homophobes, sexists, and racists? Why do you view cracking down on hate speech to be authoritarian? Why do you want hate speech to be freely expressed without consequence?

This is what you are advocating for by framing minorities fighting back against prejudice to be “authoritarian, controlling, and scary”. You know who doesn’t like minorities acquiring power? Bigots who hate those minorities. Literally just say it. We’re not buying your “I’m just interested in others’ opinions” nonsense :rip:

Oh please. There are billions of people who believe women must wear a headscarf (hijab). Is your approach to ban them from platforms and yell at them and call them misogynists? Or is it to share your opinion and listen to theirs? Close minded people like you, who believe themselves to be irrevocably right - how convenient that you somehow always have the correct moral position - and refuse to consider that they may be wrong in their views hinder the betterment of our society. 

Edited by Literature

3 minutes ago, Literature said:

Oh please. There are billions of people who believe women must wear a headscarf (hijab). Is your approach to ban them from platforms and yell at them and call them misogynists? Or is it to share your opinion and listen to theirs? Close minded people like you, who believe themselves to be irrevocably right - how convenient that you somehow always have the correct moral position - and refuse to consider that they may be wrong in their views hinder the betterment of our society. 

Why have you still refused to link where you allegedly saw cis men were being allowed into women's prison?

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Does JK's right to an opinion outweigh trans people's right to access medically-necessary care - something her opinion is explicitly calling to ban? 

Of course it doesn’t, sorry I know that’s clearly not the answer you’re fishing for.

1 hour ago, Literature said:

100x this. It’s always the same two people I’ve noticed. It’s better to not engage because there is no useful discussion, they certainly don’t want that.

22 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Of course it doesn’t, sorry I know that’s clearly not the answer you’re fishing for.

So if one's right to freedom of thought does not outweigh trans people's right to have access to healthcare, you understand now why you look very silly to most people when you criticize trans people as "dogpiling" on JK Rowling for *literally* spending millions of dollars of her personal fortune to lobby for laws denying trans people their right to healthcare, yes!? :deadbanana4:

If JK Rowling doesn't like the idea of hormone replacement therapy, THEN SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO GET HERSELF ANY HORMONES. Anything besides her own life is not her business and trying to lobby away people's right is not "speech".. Does that make sense yet?

judge-judy-yellong.gif

Edited by Communion

On 12/28/2022 at 1:48 AM, HRH said:

I swear someone could put you in a room by yourself and you would somehow start a huge ass beef with yourself. It's giving the ending of Hitchcock's Psycho 

what a loser thank god youre banned

On 12/27/2022 at 2:31 PM, its_britney_bitch said:

Left wing Twitter is absolutely to blame for JK’s radicalisation in my opinion.

When you treat someone like a Nazi villain over a minor misunderstanding, don’t be surprised when they dig their heels further into the other side

oh baby thats not- 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.