Janet Jackson | Together Again Tour | Coming to a city near you!

James_Dean

1 minute ago, lestat111 said:

as long is Gil involved, everything will look cheap and dated.

That, too. He needs to go, but I’m sure he’s not going anywhere.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• KKKIMO92

• robbyds

• campelo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eli's_rhythm said:

That, too. He needs to go, but I’m sure he’s not going anywhere.

he being (somehow) connected to her dance, randy being (somehow) connected to her menagment, means no new music, no GOOD dancers, no budget, lame youtube official page, poor reissues of her hit albums ect.

Her stage and production are wayyy better this time around compared to anything post RWU tour (with the exception of metamorphosis which was a residency). 

It’s unrealistic to expect Janet to deliver a spectacular show as she hasn’t been able to sell shows with that kind of budget. I am happy that staging and production are up from the previous tour and with every tour, the better her numbers are, the more spectacular we can expect. 

I need the show internationally

8 hours ago, PopThatCorn said:

While some of your specific critiques are valid, there's always a group who will stay having the same complaints about every single Janet tour. No matter what she does, it's too similar to something from the past. Over and over again. 

Where else is she supposed to do the ballads? At the end of the show when she's completely exhausted and can't sing them? And if she can't sit down and catch her breath, how can she give proper energy to the choreographed numbers? :deadbanana4:

If you really think the wardrobe, theme, lighting, mood, arrangements and choreography of this tour is the same as SOTW 2017.... I can only assume you haven't seen the show or are expecting something entirely unrealistic.  :deadbanana4:

Can we please drag her for paying international fans dust and refusing to release new music instead. 

She could intersperse the slower songs throughout the show for a change. Madonna did that in the Rebel Heart Tour and it did not ruin the flow of the show.

I actually like the wardrobe, it's definitely a step up from her last few tours. There's also some new choreography, which is nice. I don't mind that she keeps the same choreo for some songs like Rhythm Nation because it's too iconic to change. 

8 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

While I agree that she could use some fresh blood on her team to truly shake things up, it’s not really fair to expect major creative changes at this point in her career. She’s not even releasing music right now. I’m just happy she’s still active in this form.

yeah, I definitely appreciate that she's still performing. She's been in the industry since she was a kid so she doesn't really have to be doing this. I suppose I have all these expectations of her being creatively re-energised and inspired because she has not toured in awhile (due to the pandemic, etc.)

On 4/22/2023 at 10:21 AM, PopThatCorn said:

While some of your specific critiques are valid, there's always a group who will stay having the same complaints about every single Janet tour. No matter what she does, it's too similar to something from the past. Over and over again. 

Where else is she supposed to do the ballads? At the end of the show when she's completely exhausted and can't sing them? And if she can't sit down and catch her breath, how can she give proper energy to the choreographed numbers? :deadbanana4:

If you really think the wardrobe, theme, lighting, mood, arrangements and choreography of this tour is the same as SOTW 2017.... I can only assume you haven't seen the show or are expecting something entirely unrealistic.  :deadbanana4:

Can we please drag her for paying international fans dust and refusing to release new music instead. 

:clap3: to me, your opinion is always on the target!! The voice of reason!! This show is on fire...the wardrobe, setlist, musical arrangement and stage production meet the mark. Some of the choreography needs work, that's all.

The lack of people asking for international dates is hilarious to me. We should be dragging her and the team for that! 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:29 AM, eli's_rhythm said:

While I agree that she could use some fresh blood on her team to truly shake things up, it’s not really fair to expect major creative changes at this point in her career. She’s not even releasing music right now. I’m just happy she’s still active in this form.

The more I hear and learn about the team, it's clear that Janet wants to be around people that she knows and trusts. The only problem is that they lack competent creatives (social media, marketing, international booking and promotion). SOME of her team don't want new blood to come around for the sake of their own job security, even if it means mediocre results for their boss. Unless they do bad business or cross Janet, folks like Randy, Gil and Joey (security) are staying. She's employed her former dancer Laurel to assist with styling and Solaiman (photographer) is back in the picture. I think Joey Harris has taken a smaller role. 

Some of the skilled fans (who will keep it professional and actually work) plus some experienced in the industry would do wonders. They do hire the fans with professional experience from time to time for some projects and I think they should remain on the team. 

Edited by kishi

17 hours ago, Jump said:

yeah, I definitely appreciate that she's still performing. She's been in the industry since she was a kid so she doesn't really have to be doing this. I suppose I have all these expectations of her being creatively re-energised and inspired because she has not toured in awhile (due to the pandemic, etc.)

Yeah. She’s just not Madonna and doesn’t have the drive (or budget) to do a major reinvention anymore. She’s done a nice job polishing and adding to the existing performance formula to keep things fresh. Maybe if she ever puts out that damn 12th album we’ll get a totally different tour.

Yeah I think everyone just needs to accept that she’s fully in the legacy era of her career where all the shows will be kind of the same much like Diana Ross, Cher, Celine Dion, Mariah, Xtina, most older rock/pop/R&B acts, etc. I don’t really see how Gil being in or out of the picture would change that.

People like Madonna and Kylie who continue to make each tour a fully unique production into their 50s and beyond are a rare exception and should be acknowledged as such, not used as a gold standard to hold everyone else to in comparison.

She still does a good enough job of keeping the setlist somewhat unique that I’ll happily keep seeing her though. As a big fan of a lot of legacy acts, that’s something y’all shouldn’t take for granted. A lot of my other faves either keep the same setlist for years on end or just swap in like maybe 1 snippet of a deep cut and then move on with business as usual.

12 hours ago, kishi said:

:clap3: to me, your opinion is always on the target!! The voice of reason!! This show is on fire...the wardrobe, setlist, musical arrangement and stage production meet the mark. Some of the choreography needs work, that's all.

The lack of people asking for international dates is hilarious to me. We should be dragging her and the team for that! 

The more I hear and learn about the team, it's clear that Janet wants to be around people that she knows and trusts. The only problem is that they lack competent creatives (social media, marketing, international booking and promotion). SOME of her team don't want new blood to come around for the sake of their own job security, even if it means mediocre results for their boss. Unless they do bad business or cross Janet, folks like Randy, Gil and Joey (security) are staying. She's employed her former dancer Laurel to assist with styling and Solaiman (photographer) is back in the picture. I think Joey Harris has taken a smaller role. 

Some of the skilled fans (who will keep it professional and actually work) plus some experienced in the industry would do wonders. They do hire the fans with professional experience from time to time for some projects and I think they should remain on the team. 

:heart2:

And I think your perception of her team is spot on. Trust is probably the most important thing to Janet and she's likely very careful about who she allows into her circle. I hope eventually her team brings in more passionate fans and fresh creatives who see the enormous potential of her catalog and have a detailed understanding of her artistry from a different angle.

Otherwise, this tour still feels fresh and the reception has been overwhelmingly positive.

9 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Yeah. She’s just not Madonna and doesn’t have the drive (or budget) to do a major reinvention anymore. She’s done a nice job polishing and adding to the existing performance formula to keep things fresh. Maybe if she ever puts out that damn 12th album we’ll get a totally different tour.

An endorsement deal could potentially change that. It would be nice and financially beneficial to see Janet team up with a global brand for the next tour and album. 

7 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Yeah I think everyone just needs to accept that she’s fully in the legacy era of her career where all the shows will be kind of the same much like Diana Ross, Cher, Celine Dion, Mariah, Xtina, most older rock/pop/R&B acts, etc. I don’t really see how Gil being in or out of the picture would change that.

People like Madonna and Kylie who continue to make each tour a fully unique production into their 50s and beyond are a rare exception and should be acknowledged as such, not used as a gold standard to hold everyone else to in comparison.

She still does a good enough job of keeping the setlist somewhat unique that I’ll happily keep seeing her though. As a big fan of a lot of legacy acts, that’s something y’all shouldn’t take for granted. A lot of my other faves either keep the same setlist for years on end or just swap in like maybe 1 snippet of a deep cut and then move on with business as usual.

True. I think this tour is a step in the right direction and will probably make more money than SOTW.

29 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

:heart2:

And I think your perception of her team is spot on. Trust is probably the most important thing to Janet and she's likely very careful about who she allows into her circle. I hope eventually her team brings in more passionate fans and fresh creatives who see the enormous potential of her catalog and have a detailed understanding of her artistry from a different angle.

Otherwise, this tour still feels fresh and the reception has been overwhelmingly positive.

Exactly. I hope the gatekeeping of being in her circle stops. There's still opportunities and very cost effective ways of promoting her legacy and catalog. I've seen a lot of great things come out of the fanbase, especially the Induct Janet movement started by Mike Litherland, that was all his creation and QuestLove helped breathe life into it.

Is it me or does she have a little You Ain't Right intro before So Much Betta?

Birmingham show a few days ago sold out but it's nice to have visual confirmation from the venue that held it.

10 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Birmingham show a few days ago sold out but it's nice to have visual confirmation from the venue that held it.

I still remembered she only opened the lower level for Birmingham show back in 2017, and it’s not even sold out then……what a step up

Even South Carolina is cleaning up nicely...about to be sold out too! Ticket sales for this date was slow moving.

It now only has 142 standard tickets left! (not counting resell tickets)

Glad it picked up in the last few days!

https://www.ticketmaster.com/janet-jackson-together-again-columbia-south-carolina-04-25-2023/event/2D005D88A61E5A0D?irgwc=1&clickid=xYnwwdWMDxyNWoKS9wyIxWGIUkAQdURdcVTsWw0&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_219208&impradid=219208&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat219208&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_219208&utm_source=219208-Bandsintown&impradname=Bandsintown&utm_medium=affiliate&ircid=4272

April 27 ATL show MOVED to April 28 due to the playoffs...same day as Taylor's 1st stadium show at the Mercedes Benz Stadium just right across

kinda curious if Hollywood Bowl is gonna release tickets because I'm thinking of going.

2 hours ago, robbyds said:

April 27 ATL show MOVED to April 28 due to the playoffs...same day as Taylor's 1st stadium show at the Mercedes Benz Stadium just right across

This is kinda insane. I can imagine the traffic. :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Mellark said:

kinda curious if Hollywood Bowl is gonna release tickets because I'm thinking of going.

This is kinda insane. I can imagine the traffic. :deadbanana2:

Yep, Atlanta's traffic is on par with LA and NYC to me. Best wishes to all who are attending!

The Hollywood Bowl show isn't sold out? Do you know if they usually hold off on some tickets and then release more later?

9 hours ago, robbyds said:

If only Taylor's Atlanta shows started 1 day earlier on the 27th, imagine potential of Janet appearing on Taylor's show as a surprise guest if she performed Snow On The Beach and Janet pops out after the line "Now I'm all for you like Janet..." :jonny5:

I wonder if they'll meet each other on the 28th either before or after their shows for a photo together? Janet heads to Memphis the very next day though so it's gonna be a tight schedule to fit it in.

5 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

If only Taylor's Atlanta shows started 1 day earlier on the 27th, imagine potential of Janet appearing on Taylor's show as a surprise guest if she performed Snow On The Beach and Janet pops out after the line "Now I'm all for you like Janet..." :jonny5:

I wonder if they'll meet each other on the 28th either before or after their shows for a photo together? Janet heads to Memphis the very next day though so it's gonna be a tight schedule to fit it in.

I doubt J is thinking about it but it would be really cool if TS reached out. Not expecting it, but you never know with Taylor.

6 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I doubt J is thinking about it but it would be really cool if TS reached out. Not expecting it, but you never know with Taylor.

Well even if nothing comes from the two performing on the same night in the same city for their own respective tours, there might be a small possibility Taylor secretly attends Janet's 1st Atlanta show on the 26th since Taylor doesn't have any of her own shows on from the 24th-26th :eli:. I'm just imagining the headlines if Taylor publicly attends Janet's show before her own Atlanta shows a few days later. Good promo for both artists! :gaynetcat4:

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

This would be an amazing idea.

can the swifties in this thread rally to make this happen? 

Got cheap tix for Milwaukee :party:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.