Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2022 | FINAL TOP 5: AOTY + SOTY REVEALED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Omgggg Starwalkin' on mine too!!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Alldeezy

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

• ATRL Moderator

A lot of people always praising the album cover (both standard & deluxe version) for being amazing but somehow they never talk about the actual music

for a good reason!

The way Charli graduated from Janet Jackson's music school and went straight making this bop

Janet, sweetie...

Maybe You're The Problem is cute.

didn't love The Gods We Can't Touch and Caprisongs either :toofunny2: 

Albums~ CRASH is a fun time :jamming: Not mad at her going in a more mainstream direction (at least for now?) Your trinity from it is solid. || Singles~ Surprise, Western Wind and Vicious are all just okay, Surprise is the weakest Chlöe single for me so far. Wasn't satisfied with Angel's album but All the Good Times is pretty. Baby yesss :sats::sats::sats: Huge bop

Baby is too repetetive for me :fan: 

Caprisongs could've been higher :fan: 

On 1/1/2023 at 5:45 AM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Omgggg Starwalkin' on mine too!!

Yaasss we're twinning fr :jonny:

On 1/1/2023 at 7:12 AM, Legend E said:

for a good reason!

SCREAM

19 hours ago, Green said:

Evergreen :heart:, Maybe You’re The Problem :jamming:  :clap3:

TASTE :clap3:

6 hours ago, Remmy said:

Albums~ CRASH is a fun time :jamming: Not mad at her going in a more mainstream direction (at least for now?) Your trinity from it is solid. || Singles~ Surprise, Western Wind and Vicious are all just okay, Surprise is the weakest Chlöe single for me so far. Wasn't satisfied with Angel's album but All the Good Times is pretty. Baby yesss :sats::sats::sats: Huge bop

Charli just wanted a cute little sellout era and honestly good for her :clap3:

2 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Baby is too repetetive for me :fan: 

Caprisongs could've been higher :fan: 

If her next album would be caprisongs but make it studio album vibes then it would be higher i fear :oh:

i4YOH9B.png

XgxaD3W.png

60. Kellyoke - Kelly Clarkson

ab67616d0000b273690273570c02c2475c203ad5

(June 9, 2022)

She was literally the first ever winner of American Idol, so it's not surpring she's doing a good job of covering songs with her own rendition. Also there's something about her covering songs like "Call Out My Name", Happier Than Ever & Fake Plastic Trees that really hit since we all knowing her personal lives.

Overall, it's a good collection of cover songs that i enjoyed a lot. She better channel that anger during "Breakaway", "My December" eras and also towards her ex husband and make a good ass studio album next!

Top 3: Happier Than Ever, Fake Plastic Trees & Queen Of The Night

SPOTIFY

59. Surrender - Maggie Rogers

ab67616d0000b2730fdfb62956211c999c39a5a3

(July 29, 2022)

Her new album is an interesting transition in her usual sounds. It shows a much more daring that opens a lot exploration of more rock oriented sound with occasional suddle electronic additions. Maggie's singing is extremely captivating in this album especially with its songwriting themes about love and liberation. I cannot say it's perfect album but there's a lot of things i love about this and makes an easy repeatable album

Top 3: That's Where I Am, Overdrive & Be Cool

SPOTIFY

58. Traumazine - Megan Thee Stallion

ab67616d0000b2731182d680c2894b4e0f39033e

(August 12, 2022)

I enjoy her debut album, "Good News" and still listening to it until this day, but this album is easily her best album so far (+ her best singles she's ever released). This album shows more vicious side of Megan that i truly love just like her Tina Snow era and also shows more intimate, personal side to herself too, tracks like "Anxiety" and "Flip Flop" are one of the examples.

In classic Megan's fashion, She never forget to always bring her 'A' game for her album's opening tracks, they way she spitting on these male rappers like they're nothing on "DNA" the same way she dragged Tony Lanez to filth in "Shot Fired" on her last album is just... fantastic :jonny:

Top 3: Plan B, Her & Southside Royalty Freestyle (feat. Sauce Walka, Big Pokey, Lil Keke & Mike D)

SPOTIFY

57. The Kick - Foxes

ab67616d0000b273ec75b5462ac25b6c859bc745

(February 11, 2022)

Foxes finally made her return in music by releasing her first album in 6 years and she made it clear that she's always doing better in each album she's releasing. Sure, this album isn't to innovate or changing pop music landscape but it's simply a great rendition of what we already know about Foxes as artist by delivering sharply and with incredible choruses, melodies, and performances.

It is a very consistent dance-pop album that can be easily enjoy. I'm happy for her comeback and possibly releasing more music this time around

Top 3: Body Suit, Sky Love & Gentleman

SPOTIFY

56. HUSH RUSH - LEE CHAE YEON

ab67616d0000b273b589bc0468740f56049a87ba

(October 12, 2022)

After all the members of IZ*ONE already debuted on their new groups, going as a solo acts or focusing as an actress, Lee Chaeyeon finally debuting as a solo artist with her debut mini album. Not gonna lie, I was excited for this release based on the promo photos and thank lord it exceeded my expectations. Sure the lead singles isn't everyone cup of tea but i get the vision of what she's trying to do and it works for me.

The B-sides are all great as well, "Danny" in particular sounds like a solid Carly Rae Jepsen tracks and is more of what I want out of current kpop landscape. This is hands down of the best solo kpop debut of 2022. Hope there's more exciting musing from her

Top 3: HUSH RUSH, Aquamarine & Same But Different

SPOTIFY

i4YOH9B.png

J0G1a66.png

55. ANTIFRAGILE - LE SSERAFIM

ab67616d0000b273a991995542d50a691b9ae5be

(October 17, 2022)

To be honest this is mini isn't as good as their first one but it has a lot of highlights on it that i really love the most. This EP developed their sound in a bold, exciting new directions and shown promise as one of the next major players in the Kpop industry. Their willingness to try on many unconventional genres for size will be their strength in the future so i'm actually exciting to see where are they going now after this

Top 3: ANTIFRAGILE, Impurities & The Hydra

SPOTIFY

54. Big Time - Angel Olsen

ab67616d0000b27300d1442b9f1c846eb9daca8d

(June 3, 2022)

This album took me a couple of listen for me to get how good this album is. Some tracks are delicate, lavish, and intimate while others are anxious and melancholic. This is also probably her most personal release yet given its straightforward songwriting choices. Sure this is not a record for everyone especially for the people who isn't a fan of Country or Americana genre but i find this album quite an easy listening experience

Top 3:  All The Good Times, Ghost On & Big Time

SPOTIFY

53. Emotional Eternal - Melody's Echo Chamber

ab67616d0000b273c1f9e0f36ad9b6e106bc16ef

(April 29, 2022)

I dicovered this album few months ago and my live was never been the same after that. The overall flow of the album is pretty well organized cause almost every track is damn near brilliant, especially from an album that has 8 -9 songs in it. The building of every songs is beautiful as well. The only problem i have about this is that I wish it was longer lol

Top 3: Pyramids in the Clouds, Personal Message & Emotiona Eternal

SPOTIFY

52. AMERICAN GURL: SUPER DELUXE VALUE SIZE - Kilo Kish

51f31bmIGIL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg

(October 21, 2022)

Kilo Kish comes STRONG in this second album. It is continues walking toward this dark synth-pop route that she captured on her last EP, and it's almost done flawlessly. All fourteen of the tracks + 5 bonus tracks for the deluxe version are beyond explosive. Each tracks bringing a whole new layer of enjoyment and continues lifting you higher and higher. The consistency of this album is truly incredible and i enjoy every minutes of it.

Top 3: SUPER KO LOVE, NOT YOUR ACCESSORY & AMERICAN GURL

SPOTIFY

51. FEARLESS - LE SSERAFIM

ab67616d0000b2739030184114911536d5f77555

(May 2, 2022)

This EP is hands down one of the most a solid project and actually really cohesive from the beginning to end. K-pop albums usually function as projects with quotas to fulfill like, there's token hip-hop song, the ‘70s/’80s song, the ballad song at the end of the album. But this project maintained their groove and refined concept for quite a majority of the track list. This is probably my favorite debut of 2022 for sure and this is just the begininng for LE SSERFIM (But not for Garam though)

Top 3: Blue Flame, The Great Mermaid & Sour Grapes

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

XgxaD3W.png

60. My Love - Florence + The Machine

ab67616d0000b2738f8a358161593abe6f717bba

(March 10, 2022)

from the album Dance Fever

This song is like someone trying to make a typical Florence + The Machine music in the best way possible. It's just so good.

Also notice how this is one of the few songs that wasn't co-written & co-produced by Jack Antonoff :celestial5:

SPOTIFY

59. Acid Eyes - Paolo Nutini

ab67616d0000b2730865800aa3501c91d3253e96

(June 22, 2022)

from the album Last Night In The Bittersweet

The way the chorus is so catchy though

SPOTIFY

58. SUBSTANCE - Demi Lovato

ab67616d0000b273f2df3a6a57d041fc8b72cc09

(July 15, 2022)

from the album HOLY F*CK

So glad that Demi bring back Disney Channel bop again. This is basically La La Land's sequel so it's automatically their best singles since…. Body Say??

SPOTIFY

57. Skin Tight (feat. Steve Lacy) - Ravyn Lenae

ab67616d0000b2730b6fddef0d181396f3e211f3

(February 1, 2022)

from the album HYPNOS

This whole song is hauntingly beautiful. What a total banger!

SPOTIFY

56. The Heart Part 5 - Kendrick Lamar

ab67616d0000b27389877ffdd584dc9b7168044b

(May 8, 2022)

from the album Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers

The way Mr. Lamar came back HARD on his 5th edition on her "Heart" series. The funky rhythm and drums and the guitar in the background is just soo good. The sample of "I Want You" by Marvin Gaye fits really well on this song as well. It's just *chef kiss* amazing

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

J0G1a66.png

55. POP! - NAYEON

ab67616d0000b2735fb4a9cfbeb3b7beb337ed02

(June 24, 2022)

from the EP IM NAYEON

I remember when people called this song one of the worst song of the year but then these same people were switching and called this one ot he biggest bop of year. Not me though, cause I already saw the vision since day one and I was proven right. Naeyeon you will alays be famous! :clap3:

SPOTIFY

54. POPPY - STAYC

ab67616d0000b2739d7610ec7724bad4e6c9e499

(November 16, 2022)

This is how you do Japanese debut!

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and her impact on the Jpop industry is unmatched :clap3:

SPOTIFY

53. ELEVEN  IVE

ab67616d0000b273da343b21617aac0c57e332bb

(December 1, 2021)

from the single album ELEVEN

Out 3 singles that the've been released in the span of 1 year, I think "ELEVEN" is still their best single to date. I remember where I was when this song's released and it changed my life forever

SPOTIFY

52. ANTIFRAGILE - LE SSERAFIM

ab67616d0000b273a991995542d50a691b9ae5be

(October 17, 2022)

from the EP ANTIFRAGILE

K-pop company needs to learn from this song that this is how you do reggaeton/latin-inspired kpop song by hiring the actual latin artists worked on the song :clap3:

CATCH IT @RBW_MAMAMOO

SPOTIFY

51. SNEAKERS - ITZY

ab67616d0000b273e61bca92e4a64e50ee44a009

(July 15, 2022)

from the EP CHECKMATE

Truly one of the biggest kpop hits of 2022 on local kindergarten schools near you :clap3:

SPOTIFY

My Love + Substance :clap3: 

substance + Eleven :clap:

Kelly dropped an EP??????

Kellyoke :jamming: Barely paid attention to the covers she did on her show so it was nice to hear some of them, I wouldn't mind more compilations. Your trinity is on point, too. Surrender :smitten: Not as good as HIIAPL but a solid followup for sure. The Kick :katie2: Another amazing addition to her discography, all 3 of her albums are just SO good. Wasn't expecting her to get this upbeat, especially after the 2021 EP, but I have absolutely no complaints. Unfortunately wasn't into Big Time, there's just 2 of 10 tracks I enjoy from it. AMERICAN GURL :clap::clap: That's Where I Am, Be Cool, Body Suit, Sky Love, Gentleman, All the Good Times, SUPER KO LOVE in your faves :sats: || SUBSTANCE is so good, an album highlight for sure... but at the same time HF is overflowing with standouts so

this update :jonny6:

megan

le serrafist 

nayeon

ravyn

kilo kish 

oh me gee :jonny: 

Kellyoke is so mid tbh :rip: the picks for the EP are pretty much awful :rip:

Surrender :clap3: I love how she changed the sound and still sounds so good!

The Kick :party: I hope she's not going to disappear again :skull:

My Love and Acid Eyes :jonny5: my heart and soul :jonny4:

Spoiler
23 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Kelly dropped an EP??????

Yes it's a quick little EP for the fans (who tune in to her daily shows nnn) 

On 1/3/2023 at 5:45 AM, JGibson said:

My Love + Substance :clap3: 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:43 AM, Allday said:

substance + Eleven :clap:

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Substance :clap:

TASTE :jonny:

8 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

this update :jonny6:

megan

le serrafist 

nayeon

ravyn

kilo kish 

oh me gee :jonny: 

Only the QUEENS :jonnycat:

8 hours ago, Remmy said:

Kellyoke :jamming: Barely paid attention to the covers she did on her show so it was nice to hear some of them, I wouldn't mind more compilations. Your trinity is on point, too. Surrender :smitten: Not as good as HIIAPL but a solid followup for sure. The Kick :katie2: Another amazing addition to her discography, all 3 of her albums are just SO good. Wasn't expecting her to get this upbeat, especially after the 2021 EP, but I have absolutely no complaints. Unfortunately wasn't into Big Time, there's just 2 of 10 tracks I enjoy from it. AMERICAN GURL :clap::clap: That's Where I Am, Be Cool, Body Suit, Sky Love, Gentleman, All the Good Times, SUPER KO LOVE in your faves :sats: || SUBSTANCE is so good, an album highlight for sure... but at the same time HF is overflowing with standouts so

Yeah i wish Ms. Clarkson released her brand new studio album + more Kellyoke EPs this year because there's a lot of fan favorites cover that she's done waiting to be recorded. MAMA GET TO WORK! :jonny:

Yeah Holy f*ck has a lot of stand alone tracks that i enjoy a lot. Even though it's a bit repetitive as a full blown album but i get Demi's vision honestly :clap3:

3 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Kellyoke is so mid tbh :rip: the picks for the EP are pretty much awful :rip:

Surrender :clap3: I love how she changed the sound and still sounds so good!

The Kick :party: I hope she's not going to disappear again :skull:

My Love and Acid Eyes :jonny5: my heart and soul :jonny4:

Yeah i was shook Maggie made some changes but it worked out :clap3: Not all the indie girls have that to their credit!

I turly hope Foxes makes new music this year like, please don't leave us hang and dry again :skull:

17 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Substance indeed is a La La Land upgrade :jonnycat:

Like- :jonny:

Demi should've make this type songs a song a long time ago but better late than never!

i4YOH9B.png

ooA22fn.png

50. BORN PINK - BLACKPINK

ab67616d0000b2734aeaaeeb0755f1d8a8b51738

(September 16, 2022)

BLACKPINK finally back after 2 years and honestly this is probably their most cohesive album to date. In "BORN PINK", they are trying to make a body of work even with a old western demos and a leaked song from 2 years go but all of them worked for some reason.

This is far from their masterpieces but as a fan, i'm happy for it. Am i biased? maybe so. But all of us has a little bit of bias for something we love :gaydonnacat1:

Top 3: Shut Down, Hard to Love & Pink Venom

SPOTIFY

49. IM NAYEON - NAYEON

ab67616d0000b2735fb4a9cfbeb3b7beb337ed02

(June 24, 2022)

Nayeon truly has an ear for hits because a lot of the songs on this mini album truly SLAPS. While it lacks some of the Kpop “charm” apart from the title track "POP!", it feels much more cohesive and consistent than most k-pop albums do with nearly every tracks had similar amounts of effort put into it.

Top 3: POP!, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU & NO PROBLEM (Feat. Felix of Stray Kids)

SPOTIFY

48. Classic Objects - Jenny Hval

ab67616d0000b273653563da2516c1edf706398c

(March 11, 2022)

This album has a lot of wonderful melodies combined with beautifully produced a well as beautifully sung by Jenny herself. It’s possible that this album will leave a bigger and more impactful impression in the long run, It's truly highly recommended album

Top 3: Year of Love, Year of Sky & Jupiter

SPOTIFY

47. The Car - Arctic Monkeys

ab67616d0000b27307823ee6237208c835802663

(October 21, 2022)

The Car is a good album. Continuing the loungey 70s throwback sound, but much more orchestral this time. It's probably one of their best album for me and I have no doubt their future releases will continue to impress me

Top 3: Sculptures Of Anything Goes, Mr Schwartz & Jet Skis On The Moat

SPOTIFY

46. Nymph - Shygirl

ab67616d0000b273955f921014ed4cfca00a56a1

(September 30, 2022)

For a debut album, this is a pretty solid and promising album. The sound is really innovative while at the same time being laid back and enjoyable to a wider audience. There are so many memorable hooks and fun beats on here that it's almost hard for me to find flaws for this whole album.

Overall, I'm very happy with this direction from her and i'm curious what will she bring next

Top 3: Little Bit, Poison & Shlut

SPOTIFY

i4YOH9B.png

LiNO4zZ.png

45. Ivory (Marfil) - Omar Apollo

ab67616d0000b2731849168b94c93280ecaa8049

(August 12, 2022)

Omar easily made an effort to make a better album than "Apolonio" and it worked. "Ivory" is a great album with great melodies and catchy choruses for most of the songs that stay in my head for a while. Even though the "Deluxe" songs on "Ivory (Marfil)" are a bit dragged out and not truly make the most compeling body of work but it still good collections of songs that complete the album really well

Top 3: No Good Reason, Killing Me & Bad Life (feat. Kali Uchis)

SPOTIFY

44. Alpha Zulu - Phoenix

ab67616d0000b273f05f2e283a0928ecc7e1e359

(November 4, 2022)

This album is better than I was expecting to be honest. This is also a wonderful of reminder of what made their previous album great without totally seeming like it's an homage to it. While this is their best album but he fact that they pull this off so seamlessly is a joy to behold

Top 3: Alpha Zulu, The Ony One & After Midnight

SPOTIFY

43. Denim & Rhinestones - Carrie Underwood

ab67616d0000b2738914f87657120bdba8c56358

(June 10, 2022)

I've never had this much fun listening to Carrie Undewrood's full album ever since... maybe Blown Away??

With the mixes of synth-pop, soul, country and roadhouse blues for a 12-tracks studio album, many songs on this album have a lot of potential to be her most successful singles and also pop crossovers hits to solidify herself to be one of the biggest country pop artists currently.

Top 3: Denim & Rhinestones, Burn & Faster

SPOTIFY

42. Homosexual - Darren Hayes

ab67616d0000b273d119854848945590845a3d2e

(October 7, 2022)

For people who only listen to his body of work only through Savage Garden might think these songs are all about satiny surfaces and too long to get through. But this album delivers blissful, gay club dance-pop that is really fun to listen to. Not only this album is a celebration of identity and freedom but also the most free as an artist for Darren Hayes

Top 3: Do You Remember?, Hey Matt & Birth

SPOTIFY

41. Spirituals - Santigold

ab67616d0000b2739127ffbc9ccd2a43946bdbda

(September 9, 2022)

Santigold is back with a new album that recalls her roots. On this album, she has recaptured what made her uniqueness on the indie scene of the late 2000s/early 2010s. Every songs are very catchy and enjoyable. it's quite easy to run through a couple of times in a row without blinking.

My only complaint is that the album feels too short but nonetheless it feels tense and intense with a strong replay value. So happy to have her back.

Top 3: My Horror, High Priestess & No Paradise

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

ooA22fn.png

50. Free In The Knowledge - The Smile

ab67616d0000b273ed000b5b179066a831a77de5

(April 20, 2022) 

from the album A Light for Attracting Attention

The way this song builds slowly all the way to the end and it's just drops out of nowhere lmao.

Also this has that Radiohead's Kid A vibes and i love every single seconds of it

SPOTIFY

49. Las Dudas - Sebastian Yatra & Aitana

ab67616d0000b27330123d6a8b10f441fae0529c

(May 17, 2022) 

from the album Dharma

I was shocked of how much i like this song for some reason. It feels like i discovered a popular latin pop/rock songs back in the mid-2000s.

Also Aitana completely overshadowed Sebastian on his own song like WOAH :jonnycat:

SPOTIFY

48. Jackie Down The Line - Fontaines D.C.

ab67616d0000b2735f66e14a4b48208f16ca6a30

(January 11, 2022) 

from the album Skinty Fia

This song is just.. sick, in the good way. It has that melodic moodiness that the band is known and loved for, yet bringing something new to the table that makes people very excited for their new album "Skinty Fia"

SPOTIFY

47. On the Run - Kelela

ab67616d0000b2737cc584648064f35a43218270

(November 15, 2022) 

from the upcoming album Raven

She put some crack on this hit like- :jonnycat:

The way her vocals truly elevate this sensual, atmospheric & ethereal R&B classic into even higher. This new album is going to end me, isn't it??

SPOTIFY

46. Scrape It Off (feat. Lil Uzi Vert & Don Toliver) - Pusha T

ab67616d0000b273e27dfef438562f2ecb98a642

(May 10, 2022) 

from the album It's Almost Dry

A lot of people really don't like this song but me, as an contrarian love this track.

Pusha T with artists like Don Toliver & Lil' Uzi Vert don't work together in paper but it somehow worked more than you could ever imagine. Neither artist sound out of place on there, and it's safe to say this is one of Uzi's best features in years.

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

LiNO4zZ.png

45. Happy Birthday In The Sky - Placebo

ab67616d0000b27373c09acf9c3b0ed15f23809c

(March 4, 2022) 

from the album Never Let Me Go

Out of all the singles from their newest album, this is probably my favorite for sure. This song reminds me a lot their "Sleeping WIth Ghosts" & "Meds" era. It's is quirky, unique Placebo that i know and love.

SPOTIFY

44. COMPLETE MESS - 5 Seconds Of Summer

ab67616d0000b273c7de6253812c33237e8c1093

(March 2, 2022) 

from the album 5SOS5

I've never fond of 5SOS music throughout my life but there's something about this song is a bit different from their usual releases.

Basically this is their Take That era when they made a comeback with "Patience" in 2006

SPOTIFY

43. There'd Better Be A Mirrorball - Arctic Monkeys

ab67616d0000b273e3244b6267bfca61c83b0678

(August 30, 2022) 

from the album The Car

This song is absolutely amazing. The instrumental is freaking gorgeous and Alex Turner's vocals are smooth as hell. The grown up and matured sounds that i love from "Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino" is now taken to the next level. They never disappoint me for real

SPOTIFY

42. Heathens - AURORA

ab67616d0000b27337999942035625a571efa122

(December 3, 2021) 

from the album The Gods We Can Touch

I feel like "Heathens" may have her most ghostly vocal performance yet. It's hauntyingly beautiful with more textured percussion.

I also agree with people saying this song sounds like Lorde's "Buzzcut Season" which is basically the highest form of flattery

SPOTIFY

41. Happy Ending - Kelela

ab67616d0000b273ce85e8a8d3cedc6fc1e54a50

(October 19, 2022) 

from the upcoming album Raven

Kelela single-handedly brings back Breakbeat & Drum and Bass genres into mainstream music again. She's such a Queenie for this :jonny:

SPOTIFY

carrie underwood is amazing so glad you liked her album! Also i think I wanna check out that Darren hayes record I love support my pop gays

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.