Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2022 | FINAL TOP 5: AOTY + SOTY REVEALED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

• ATRL Moderator

I disagree with the criticism on Hold The Girl, especially with it being such a personal album. Nice to see Bronco too though!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Alldeezy

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

The way the sudden maintenance last week ruined my Best Of schedule :skull: @josephs911 you will pay for this!

Also i've been busy this weekend but i'm back on schedule i think

Spoiler
On 12/21/2022 at 8:38 AM, TrueBlood said:

Justin and Kehlani have a great chemistry together, I already loved their collab in Changes. There's something about their voices that blends so well.

Yeah their collabs are surprisingly good i'm kinda shocked tbh. up at night is my favorites out of it :clap3:

On 12/21/2022 at 8:44 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Catch Me In The Air a gem on that album. The nostalgia hits hard in that song

Shirt is so good :jonny6:

It's trew it's trew :clap3:Rina really channeling those 2000s bop on this one

On 12/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, dangerousalex said:

Shirt, Up at night, 2 Die 4 :clap3:

On 12/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, Allday said:

Hold The Girl + Shirt + She's All I Wanna Be + Catch Me In The Air + 2 Die 4 :clap3:

On 12/22/2022 at 2:46 AM, JGibson said:

she's all i wanna be + 2 Die 4 :party:

TASTE :clap3::clap3:

On 12/22/2022 at 6:11 AM, dreamofyou said:

weyes and rina so low:chick3:

To be honest i thought Weyes' album ranking was around top 50 on my spreadsheet :skull:

On 12/22/2022 at 8:05 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

I kinda despised HTG during the release, but it grows on me so much during last weeks :deadbanana2:

Shirt :smitten: 

Up at Night is pop-r&b perfection :jonny5: the way it should've been a big hit for her

2 Die 4 :katie2: 

SPILL like- where are those beliebers who always eating up every Justin's releases?? now when he suddenly really actual good music, they're all gone :skull:

On 12/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, rvx said:

She's All I Wanna Be :clap3:

On 12/22/2022 at 12:23 PM, worldwide angel said:

flo milli, rina, the gorg singles :clap3: 

:wanda::wanda:

On 12/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, K$Ellie said:

damn Weyes tanked a bit, God Turn Me Into A Flower not even in your top 3 :chick3:

Hold The Girl is deffo overrated, a bit low on the list too :mandown: Flo Milli really disappointed tbh

Shirt, She's All I Wanna Be and 2 Die 4 are SMASHES :jonny5: wasn't a big fan of SNSD or Key's releases tbh

Read My Mind is cute but I prefer Rebecca's new song :lakitu: Massive is a bit of a bop sdjhfghj

GTMIAF hasn't clicked with me yet but let me relisten again

Yeah Rebecca's new singles are all superior than Read My Mind but i forgot to put them on my list :skull:

Let Her Bun on top 5 Best Albums Of 2023 confirm i fear :clap3:

On 12/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Legend E said:

I disagree with the criticism on Hold The Girl, especially with it being such a personal album. Nice to see Bronco too though!

Bronco acclaim are always welcome on my roof :jonny5:

i4YOH9B.png

4ZTCe9Z.png

85. ‘The ReVe Festival 2022 - Birthday’ - Red Velvet

ab67616d0000b273d2ef237da7f94762997c2083

(November 28, 2022)

This is just a gift for the fans that some fans would love it. Sure this album isn't as good as their usual albums but it's a fun experience. But SM needs to ditch this 'Reve Festival' thingy cause it's getting old I fear

Top 3: On A Ride, BYE BYE, Birthday

SPOTIFY

84. CHECKMATE - ITZY

ab67616d0000b273e61bca92e4a64e50ee44a009

(July 15, 2022)

FUNZY IS BACK!!! :jonny2:

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy CHECKMATE era like- this is probably their best era since IT'Z ME back in 2020. Who cares about being baited on the teasers and ended up releasing Kidz Bop, Sneakers is literally faithful to ITZY concept.

I'm sure these supposed "fans" started stanning ITZY back during Mafia In The Morning era, which is their worst title track no questions ask

Top 3: RACER, SNEAKERS & Free Fall

SPOTIFY

83. Bare & Rare, Pt. 1 - CHUNG HA

ab67616d0000b27329322a53482da3542ae9d033

(July 11, 2022)

The queen releasing another full length album this year (and another part 2 album but her label kinda scrapped it cause it's floppng) and it's full of fun bangers.

All the 8 songs sound like what Chung ha would release with a bit of variety that it sounds fresh compare to her last album. Even though it feels a bit unfinished sonically cause this is just the part 1 of the album, but as a body of work in itself is still pretty great but she still hasn't topped Querencia i fear

Top 3: Nuh-Uh, XXXX & Good Night My Princess

SPOTIFY

82. Tilt - Confidence Man

ab67616d0000b2730319955d90db5d5b96989cfc

(April 1, 2022)

When most artists focusing on making 80s inspired pop music this decade (thank you Dua, Doja and Abel) but Confidence Man making an album full of 90s house music and it's freaking BOP.

When i discovered this album, i thought i was listening to a lost dance album from the 90s but imagine my shock when i saw the year 2022 on it's description. It's sexy, funny, groovy, full of energy and lacks any filler tracks. This album is truly essential for anyone interested in the genre

Top 3: Woman, Holiday & Break It Bought It

SPOTIFY

81. The Overload - Yard Act

ab67616d0000b273e9cb95bcfb8b7ce00a2c2fa0

(January 21, 2022)

This isn't an album that's going to revolutionise anything, but I found it an enjoyable experience. It's a bit obvious that this album was mostly mostly written in middle of the lockdown which explains a lot. It's also kinda reminds of Arctic Monkey's earlier music with its talk-singing style which i really love about british rock music to be honest.

Top 3: Witness (Can I Get A?), The Overload & Land Of The Blind

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

4ZTCe9Z.png

85. Sacrifice - The Weeknd

ab67616d0000b2734ab2520c2c77a1d66b9ee21d

(January 7, 2022)

from the album Dawn FM

This song is just a pure banger. I don't think any male artists would top this song in the future. Even Abel won't do it either, probably (JK he already topped it with Out Of TIme)

SPOTIFY

84. MAMIII - Becky G & Karol G

ab67616d0000b27372babf690675fe969470e8ee

(February 10, 2022)

from the album ESQUEMAS

In this house, we love the G sisters overtaking the male-dominated charts. Natti Natasha you're OVER!!!

SPOTIFY

83. Te Felicito - Shakira & Rauw Alejandro

ab67616d0000b2739a9716c90ceeb1890921e44f

(April 21, 2022)

The way she released this song and then later she caught her ex cheated on her like, she's truly a prophet :clap3:

SPOTIFY

82. Gata (feat. Chencho Corleone) - Anitta

ab67616d0000b27396e2642422ad16661e673fa2

(August 5, 2022)

from the album Versions of Me

This is the best song she's ever recorded and I don't think she will top this bop in the long time

SPOTIFY

81. DICE - NMIXX

ab67616d0000b273c8caa659d37a00d34cbd6359

(September 19, 2022)

from the EP ENTWURF

After months talking about how trash and undercooked their debut was, I think I finally realize the vision of NMIXX-pop with this track :celestial5:

Also #JusticeForJINNI

SPOTIFY

Sacrifice :clap3:

The Overload (the single) was once in rotation for me.

Sacrifice is that bop

Sacrifice :clap3: nnnn and then Out of Time was topped with Less Than Zero :eli: 

Te Felicito is cute girl, probably my favorite out of the released singles so far

• ATRL Moderator

Sacrifice and out of time your top2 Abel picks? Twinsies.  

I like the new shakira song but honestly don’t wait up is better yeah I said it.  

Te felicito is the best Shaki has released in ages, we love ha :jonny3:

Sacrifice :flame:

Spoiler
23 hours ago, Allday said:

19 hours ago, rvx said:

Sacrifice :clap3:

5 hours ago, Legend E said:

We love an Honorary Pop Girl :clap3:

20 hours ago, MP2K said:

The Overload (the single) was once in rotation for me.

Sacrifice is that bop

Yes the title track was the reason i discovered them :clap3: Thank lord the album isn't as bad as i thought it would be

16 hours ago, JGibson said:

Te Felicito :clap: :heart2:

22 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Te felicito is the best Shaki has released in ages, we love ha :jonny3:

Sacrifice :flame:

Mother never alway doing it right :clap3: Don't Wait Up didn't count nnn

11 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Sacrifice :clap3: nnnn and then Out of Time was topped with Less Than Zero :eli: 

Te Felicito is cute girl, probably my favorite out of the released singles so far

Less Than Zero is just THAT bop but there's something about Out Of Time :jonny3: Truly that 80s pop done excellent

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

Sacrifice and out of time your top2 Abel picks? Twinsies.  

I like the new shakira song but honestly don’t wait up is better yeah I said it.  

Wait a minute.... i saw the vision :jonnycat:

i4YOH9B.png

BOEu7iT.png

80. Gemini Rights - Steve Lacy

ab67616d0000b27368968350c2550e36d96344ee

(July 15, 2022)

The way Bad Habits made me reconsider myself to listen to this album. And when Static open the album, I just feel like I already listened t this whole album on TikTok :skull:

Even though his compositions and lyricism is simple on the surface, but i feel like thats the beauty of this album comes from. The apparent simplicity behind his compositions and vulnerable and relatable lyrics do most of the heavy lifting. I think Steve created some great standouts in his discography but also some less great songs on here At the end of the day, it still an enjoyable aalbum to geth through for half an hour

Top 3: Give You the World, Static & Sunshine (feat. Fousheé)

SPOTIFY

79. Skinty Fia - Fontaines D.C.

ab67616d0000b2735c744e5b04bf0d1ebf42a815

(April 22, 2022)

Fontaines D.C. are back with their third album this year and it is probably their best album to date. I feel like this is just the beginning for them since it doesn't feel like the band have made their magnum opus quite yet. But this album is so musically strong and everything else is just about there enough to make this a thoroughly enjoyable album with wonderful guitar sounds, unique vocals, atmospheric soundscapes and solid songwriting.

Top 3: Jackie Down The Line, Roman Holiday & I Love You

SPOTIFY

78. emails i can't send - Sabrina Carpenter

ab67616d0000b273700f7bf79c9f063ad0362bdf

(July 15, 2022)

I've never find Sabrina's music appealing other than couple of singles like Thumbs, Sue Me & Almost Love. But this album kinda change my perspective about her music career.

emails i can't send feels more personal than her other albums since the themes is confessions about relationships that can be too personal to send to anyone through emails (Her Mind :clap3:). This album also shows her vulnerability but still presents herself musically as unapologetic and honestly that's why i love about it.

Sabrina made Selena Gomez's Rare better than Selena herself :clap3: (Since most of the songs co-written by Julia Michaels) 

Top 3: because I liked a boy, Vicious & Nonsense

SPOTIFY

77. 22 (Deluxe) - Craig David

ab67616d0000b273ae9b92d41cba5be2865bf398

September 30, 2022

Craig David's music is such a vital point in my childhood since Born to Do It is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I'm truly happy when he return to make R&B sounds again with this album (Also it was release on my birthday too like-) :jonny:

Don't get me wrong, I love him doing dance music & being rent-by-DJ artist but i prefer him doing R&B music since it suits her vocals more and sound even better too. The only complaint I have about this album is that the lyrics to most of the songs are unimaginative and a bit boring but my nostalgia cloud really shut off all of it

Top 3: Obvious (feat. Muni Long), Teardrops & Already Know (feat. KYLE)

SPOTIFY

76. Midnights (3am Edition) - Taylor Swift

ab67616d0000b273e0b60c608586d88252b8fbc0

October 22, 2022

Who would've thought that Taylor is back creating pop music again making me less interested with her new music. It's really hard to follow up such strong albums like folklore & evermore but Taylor still put out a decent-to-best album this year after mainly focused on re-recordings last year.

I don't think the album is bad like some people say because this is a proficient, expensive-sounding pop music. I do agree that this album a bit dissapointed, but with songs like "Bejeweled", "Maroon" & "Would've, Should've, Could've" for example, can overcome all the huge flaws from this record i think

Top 3: Bejeweled, Maroon & Would've, Should've, Could've

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

BOEu7iT.png

80. Do You Remember? - Darren Hayes

ab67616d0000b2737d66827289e529abcafce180

March 10, 2022

from the album Homosexual

Just like the title of his album, this is peak homosexuality

SPOTIFY

79. Vegas (From the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack ELVIS) - Doja Cat

ab67616d0000b27329e2914af6e83df7e963d365

May 6, 2022

from the album ELVIS (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

The way Doja ininterpolates a sample of Shonka Dukureh's vocals, who played Big Mama Thornton in the film, singing "Hound Dog" for a movie biopic about Elvis Presley is such a bold move i fear :jonny2:

Doja said f*ck that man who always stealing black artists music!

SPOTIFY

78. It Gets Dark - Sigrid

ab67616d0000b27394782278ba1f4ccedf7a310f

March 9, 2022

from the album How To Let Go

The build up from the verses to pre-chorus into the actual chorus is soooo good. It's probably her best song she's released after Burning Bridges

SPOTIFY

77. You Will Never Work In Television Again - The Smile

ab67616d0000b27395a2f2b033f2ad4587b96cea

January 5, 2022

from the album A Light for Attracting Attention

There's something about this noise post-punk song that get me excited for some reason

SPOTIFY

76. Hurricanes - Rina Sawayama

ab67616d0000b2736497b636804e3d0f7bcc080b

September 12, 2022

from the album Hold the Girl

You can always count on miss Rina to make a good ass pop/rock music this one of those examples. Also "Chasing hurricanes, cause I can't feel the rain" is such a relatable lyrics to me like- I really felt that sh*t into my soul

SPOTIFY

emails i can't send  & Midnights :heart:

Hurricanes & Vegas :clap:

Sacrifice, MAMIII & Te Felicitous are bangers indeed :clap3:

MIDnights gettin dragged :fan:

• ATRL Moderator

Gemini & Skinty Fia, two of the best albums released by men this year! 

I'm a Sabrina hater tbh, I see a lot of people who I have overlap with in regard to taste but I panned it heavily.

Midnights :heart: It's way too low tho... at least I'm glad to see Bejeweled on the top tracks :gaycat1:

Vegas is cute :clap3:

Midnights :clap3: still need to listen to Fontaines DC

Hurricanes is an overhated banger, and the Smile song is nice

• ATRL Moderator

Midnights deserved a bit better imo, but I understand where the criticism comes from, especially coming after folkmore

Hurricanes is such a great song :jonny5: 

nnnnn I relistened Gemini Rights after 'Bad Habits' too :skull: it's still far away from it :eli:

I loved previous dance records by Craig, but this one was just... bland  

Midnights :clap3: too low tho :eli: it's a grower :eli:

Hurricanes :clap3: one of the standouts from HTG
It Gets Dark :smitten: 

Vegas goes hard with sample use :jonny: 

Harry's House in the lower HMs, welp! But it's funny how much hate I'm seeing for MFASR, I thought it was decently loved :rip:  Whew I gave up on Bastille so long ago. Coconuts is super basic, kinda grew on me though. Hold My Hand is great idc idc! Rih wasting her official comeback on Lift Me Up was certainly a choice. || HOLY FV*K is so good ahhh, wish it made the main list. Yep Love Sux is very TDBT :laugh: Although I'm not necessarily mad about it. Night Call is cute, got into his/their discography this year and all 3 albums are nearly on the same level I'd say. About Damn Time ayy :sats: The Astrid/Dagny collab was soooo underwhelming, and I couldn't get into Words at all. SFG is alright.

Main Lists~ Treat Me yessss  :gaycatina1: Chlöe's best song so far! Beg for You is a solid grower. Catch Me In the Air :heart2: Oh wow 2 Die 4 is 2 low honestly. Sacrifice is a bop ofc. It Gets Dark + Hurricanes yuppp both are lovely. Haven't heard most of the albums yet but emails i can't send didn't impress me much, Midnights was great (as I expected from queen Taylor), TILT was half filler to me honestly, and then Hold the Girl slays at the end of the day.

nnn this is already a strong list and you’re in the 80s - 70s range :katie2:

i can’t wait to see what you have in store for us :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.