Mr. Blue_Shirt's Best of 2022 | FINAL TOP 5: AOTY + SOTY REVEALED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Spoiler
23 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Tate really does sound like Camila nnn. I was excited for her debut but only ended up liking 2 songs :ducky:

Tea about Chloe :clap3: She’s not topping Treat Me anytime soon

Another list with Closer, love to see it

Closer is really THAT song :jonnycat: Saweetie chose a demos this time around

23 hours ago, Insanity said:

I'm not the only one who thinks Tates voice resembles Camila?  Thank God I asked some people and they said I was crazy lol

SCREAM i kinda see it recenlty when i revisit the album, especially when tate sang more slower song :deadbanana4:

22 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

Thanks OP, this will give me nightmares today:

ab67616d00001e0233ef99b06bb1f2b350280f7a

:gaycat6:

You're welcome bb :heart2:

19 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

my thoughts about my list exactly :deadbanana4: that atrl update messed me up

hmmm I was really excited about Stromae new album, since Racine caree is still slaps, but I never get into his newest work :rip: 

Treat Me :clap3: cute bop, but she should've go with For The Night as second single 

I first i didn't really like Multitude but i saw the vision recently and it makes me appreciate the album a bit. But i fear he won't top Racine carrée

Yeah For The Night has pop appeal especially as a follow-up to Have Mercy but i guess she wanted to do safer option with Treat Me

12 hours ago, Legend E said:

She's All I Wanna Be remains Tate's best song

Chloe's song is nice, but I feel she still peaked with Ungodly Hour for now...idk

The way Tate's copy Olivia Rodrigo career and outdoing her with a single song. We love a great student :clap3:

Yeah Ungoly Hour is still THAT girl whew :jonnycat: Mabye Chloe should abandon her solo project and dragged her sister to the studio again!

12 hours ago, Allday said:

Tate & RHCP :clap:

TASTE whew :clap3:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Alldeezy

• Legend E

• TheWayWeWere

i4YOH9B.png

qlVe8eT.png

95. Higher - Michael Bublé

ab67616d0000b27393f378a9a1bed50491d01fb9

(March 25, 2022)

Just like any of Michael Buble's album, Higher has couple of new songs including the single,  I'll Never Not Love You and the half of it are new redention of older songs. Not gonna lie, i truly enjoying this album. Maybe because this is the first time ever i listening to his music other than my mom blasting his music throughout the house while she's doing chores.

Am I in my middle-age woman era? Yes I am, proudly so :clap3:

Top 3: I'll Never Not Love You, My Valentine & Crazy

SPOTIFY

94. 28 Reasons - The 1st Mini Album - SEULGI

ab67616d0000b2738bc3d61189d95da5f74d7ba7

(October 4, 2022)

Opening the album with the lyrics "I kiss your brother" is so insane :deadbanana4: Probably the most bold move on pop music in 2022 I fear.

This is easily the best RV's solo album so far. but if your competition are a snooze album (Wendy) & a cover album cause she's too lazy too record new material (Joy), Seulgi winning in the landslide. Even though i kinda wish this album when even harder but i'm pretty much satisfied

Top 3: 28 Reasons, Bad Boy, Sad Girl (with BE'O) & Anywhere But Home

SPOTIFY

93. Gasoline - The 2nd Album - KEY

ab67616d0000b273b7e8b974505dd44161e2762f

(August 30, 2022)

I don't care that much about his solo career but this album really change my perspective of him as an artist. I truly love his 2021 EP "Bad Love", but I rarely listen to it again after weeks of listening but Imagine my shock when Gasoline made me revisit his discography again.

He's truly done it again with good cohesive album and his aesthetic in this era completed the mission as one of the best kpop solo male era this year. Queers

(allegedly) win again :clap3: Also you can watch this unboxing album video because wow, this is probably one of the collest album packaging in he LONG TIME

Top 3: Villain (with JENO), Ain’t Gonna Dance & Another Life

SPOTIFY

92. IMPERA - Ghost

ab67616d0000b27339df655040aa0f194c6d2972

(March 11, 2022)

Swedish band rock, Ghost is back with their 5th album this year and they're going full Glam Metal combining it with their past style. Honestly it's not something I'd ever ask for but it actually really works, surprisingly. If i compare this to their previous albums music, this is easily their cheesiest album so far but they still did a good job for its catchy 80s-revival-esque songwriting

Top 3: Kaisarion, Spillways & Griftwood

SPOTIFY

91. RAMONA PARK BROKE MY HEART - Vince Staples

ab67616d0000b2739fd6f55c35811d79d01f94ef

(April 8, 2022)

This is the first time I've heard of a full-length Vince Staples album and my first impression was that this is definitely an amazing album with nice flows and fantastic production and sounds. While the sounds and the topics have been done by others before, but he created a pretty tight project with tons of bangers and introspective lyrics that sound as great or even better than his peers

Top 3: DJ QUIK, PAPERCUTS & PLAYER WAYS

SPOTIFY

i4YOH9B.png

qlVe8eT.png

95. Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama) - Charli XCX

ab67616d0000b273164220b8824cfbce3857d54a

(January 27, 2022)

from the album CRASH

Oouh they're TAKING it. Charli's sellout era was successful in my book cause this is one of my most played songs this year

SPOTIFY

94. FOREVER 1 - Girls' Generation

ab67616d0000b273aea29200523b1ee4d5b2c035

(August 5, 2022)

from the album FOREVER 1

This is really HUGE song, like a comeback song should've sound like and I'm happy about it. Even though this is not their best title track, but i teared up when the "Into The New World" sample kicked in on the bridge when I first heard it like, these hags really raised me since the beginning of my kpop stan career :cries::cries:

SPOTIFY

93. Freaky Deaky - Tyga & Doja Cat

ab67616d0000b2739d272936b9368c8d7fd2e6ef

(February 25, 2022)

Doja carrying male artists like it's her part time job. We love #GIRLBOSS

SPOTIFY

92. HUSH RUSH - LEE CHAE YEON

ab67616d0000b273b589bc0468740f56049a87ba

(October 12, 2022)

from the EP HUSH RUSH

If you get it you get it, if you don't you don't. if you know, you know etc etc

SPOTIFY

91. Boys Don't Cry - Anitta

ab67616d0000b27371fe31f1c28cabcde929f401

(January 27, 2022)

from the album Versions of Me

Did you know The Weeknd gave this Dawn FM reject to her? i was there in the studio to witness it

SPOTIFY

nnnn not Slay for You being so low :'(

Freaky Deaky :jonny: such a bop!

nnnnnn Boys Don't Cry is actually the only Anitta song I love, even though I loved Miley's live cover more :deadbanana:

Beg for you & freaky deaky :katie2:

I loved CRASH but Beg For You aged for me nn

Boys Don’t Cry is IT. Love to see it on so many lists :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

I agree 100% with your Seulgi write up.  Maybe when I return to it in later years, time will be kind to it and it will have staying power? We will see.  

I’m a SNSD Stan but didn’t like really anything they did this year.  Title track was the best song on the album tho :cries:

freaky deaky and boys don't cry :clap3:

beg for you wasn't for me at all i'm afraid :celestial5:

3 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

boys dont cry is such a bop:clap3: kinda regret taking it off of my list

shame on you :gaycat5:

OT: beg for you, freaky deaky and boys dont cry slay

Edited by Insanity

Beg For You is a mega bop :loud:

Spoiler
On 12/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

nnnn not Slay for You being so low :'(

Freaky Deaky :jonny: such a bop!

nnnnnn Boys Don't Cry is actually the only Anitta song I love, even though I loved Miley's live cover more :deadbanana:

Yeah i also love Miley's cover too because it's right up on Plastic Heart era. I just know Miley's new era is going to serve next month :jonny:

On 12/20/2022 at 4:58 AM, TrueBlood said:

Beg for You and Freaky Deaky are both BOPS! :clap3:

On 12/20/2022 at 7:32 AM, Allday said:

Beg for you & freaky deaky :katie2:

8 hours ago, Insanity said:

shame on you :gaycat5:

OT: beg for you, freaky deaky and boys dont cry slay

17 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Beg For You is a mega bop :loud:

TASTE :jonnycat: two bops sitting at the same table

23 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

I loved CRASH but Beg For You aged for me nn

Boys Don’t Cry is IT. Love to see it on so many lists :clap3:

I didn't like BFY at all when it first released but there's something slight change when in context of the album :jonny: At least my faves Petra Marklund aka September getting that royalities

12 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

boys dont cry is such a bop:clap3: kinda regret taking it off of my list

I didn't want to include it at first but i can't help it like- :jonny:

9 hours ago, madonnas said:

I agree 100% with your Seulgi write up.  Maybe when I return to it in later years, time will be kind to it and it will have staying power? We will see.  

I’m a SNSD Stan but didn’t like really anything they did this year.  Title track was the best song on the album tho :cries:

Yeah SNSD korean release always miss most of the times but the power of nostalgia really works on their favor to me:jonny: 

8 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

freaky deaky and boys don't cry :clap3:

beg for you wasn't for me at all i'm afraid :celestial5:

The way Freaky Deaky feels like Hot Pink reject too. Tyga better kiss Doja foot for giving him a hit :clap3:

i4YOH9B.png

Vuxc189.png

90. Hold The Girl - Rina Sawayama

ab67616d0000b273104771507d9c63da11abb6dc

(September 16, 2022)

There's a lot of valid critism on why this album is such a huge downgrade compare to her debut and I agree with a lot of them. But I'm going to let it slide cause this is just Rina in her "Mainstream" era so I don't care if most of the songs are generic, i'm still supporting my sister :gaycat6: Also the aesthetic of the this era is actually a slay like- i genuinely enjoying all the photoshoots even that album cover with her coslaying an Enema. She was looking camp right in the eye!

Top 3: Catch Me In The Air, Hurricanes & Hold The Girl

SPOTIFY

89. SATURNO - Rauw Alejandro

ab67616d0000b2739f971e4c38e5dedcb242b3ae

(November 11, 2022)

I love how Rauw Alejandro did unconventional approach to a genre like reggaetón. Since his hit song 'Todo de ti' made an impact on latin music & current a lot of latin artists currently tried to dip their toes on synthpop to their new music, he then pumped It up those sounds again for this album with 90s influence on it, especially in the first few tracks on the album and it's sounds delicious. Even though the album goes on a bit too long, but Saturno marks potential for him

Top 3: MÁS DE UNA VEZ, RON COLA (with Subelo NEO) & CORAZÓN DESPEINADO

SPOTIFY

88. Bronco - Orville Peck

ab67616d0000b273778051b03d5d4364a84c12c5

(April 8, 2022)

Everytime Orville Peck sing, there's a sound of purring somewhere around me. I don't know what that is :gaycat2:

Joking aside, Bronco is a REALLY strong record for a major label (second) debut album. Comparing it to his previous album Pony, the album seems so upbeat and brighter and also the production sounds a lot tighter too. It's a truly beautiful album that goes to show that sophomore slump doesn't affect him in the slightest. Any male country artists wouldn't top this (no pun intended) and i'm glad they can't do it

Top 3: C'mon Baby, Cry, Bronco & City of Gold

SPOTIFY

87. And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow - Weyes Blood

ab67616d0000b273db8ab490bcedb6e518c37e6e

(November 18, 2022)

I remember when "Titanic Rising" was released, people praised the album to the high heaven and I didn't get that cause I thought it was mid but it turned out to be one of my favorite albums of last decade. And funny enough that also happen to this album as well. Even though this album doesn't really clicked for me as for now, but there's a lot of potential to be one of my favorite albums too and it will take me couple of listen.

Also i already put the vinyl on my Amazon's shopping card so... we'll see next year

Top 3: Children of the Empire, Hearts Aglow & Twin Flame

SPOTIFY

86. You Still Here, Ho? - Flo Milli

ab67616d0000b27366a4bafe18cb6bdf4ecf3400

(July 20, 2022)

Flo Milli is one of the most effortlessly delightful new faces in the hip hop mainstream right now. This album has a handful of bangers that I've had on repeat since hearing it for the first time. She also sounds even more confident in every tracks and it makes me enjoying this album even more. Also THE Tiffany "New York" Pollard did an Intro & the outro for the album?? Yeah this truly as one of the most purely fun album of the year and can't wait for FM2 for sure

Top 3: Conceited, No Face & Ice Baby

SPOTIFY

f915e8U.png

Vuxc189.png

90. Shirt - SZA

ab67616d0000b2735a5eecf7316209bcdd847584

(October 27, 2022)

from the album SOS

Even though there's something missing but my god, this song is just… IT. Other girls wish to have this song on their discography :foxaylove2:

SPOTIFY

89. up at night (feat. Justin Bieber) - Kehlani

ab67616d0000b27349625a48446d599a7e1cecce

(March 30, 2022)

from the album blue water road

Kehlani is one of the few artists who can make a song featuring Justin Bieber sounds amazing. Their power is unmatched :clap3:

SPOTIFY

88. she’s all i wanna be - Tate McRae

ab67616d0000b273f7916a35ffdd6cb90bbbdf2f

(February 4, 2022)

from the album i used to think i could fly

This is how you do Olivia Rodrigo's copycat done right. CATCH IT @whoisgayle & @LeahKateMusic!!!!

SPOTIFY

87. Catch Me In The Air - Rina Sawayama

ab67616d0000b2737b58e54da1490008d8b8a971

(June 27, 2022)

from the album Hold the Girl

The song created so many nostalgia that I've never know i had for some reason. Her vocals is so good like, she really sing her ass out like her bill is approaching

SPOTIFY

86. 2 Die 4 - Tove Lo

ab67616d0000b273b60e5a76c9dc9f15a11c913d

(July 27, 2022)

from the album Dirt Femme

Peaked Ibiza-type of bop. Summer 2022 was never been the same since this song's dropped :clap3:

SPOTIFY

Justin and Kehlani have a great chemistry together, I already loved their collab in Changes. There's something about their voices that blends so well.

Catch Me In The Air a gem on that album. The nostalgia hits hard in that song

Shirt is so good :jonny6:

Hold The Girl + Shirt + She's All I Wanna Be + Catch Me In The Air + 2 Die 4 :clap3:

she's all i wanna be + 2 Die 4 :party:

I kinda despised HTG during the release, but it grows on me so much during last weeks :deadbanana2:

Shirt :smitten: 

Up at Night is pop-r&b perfection :jonny5: the way it should've been a big hit for her

2 Die 4 :katie2: 

damn Weyes tanked a bit, God Turn Me Into A Flower not even in your top 3 :chick3:

Hold The Girl is deffo overrated, a bit low on the list too :mandown: Flo Milli really disappointed tbh

Shirt, She's All I Wanna Be and 2 Die 4 are SMASHES :jonny5: wasn't a big fan of SNSD or Key's releases tbh

Read My Mind is cute but I prefer Rebecca's new song :lakitu: Massive is a bit of a bop sdjhfghj

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.