• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Alldeezy

• JGibson

• TalkThatRihanna

• ATRL Moderator

I really liked the Dawn Richard project but I barely got around to it :deadbanana:Only listened once, but she continues pushing boundaries.

Waterfall is definitely the best Disclosure song since the Moonlight project.

I forgot about Freaky Deaky nn

Lemme give this bop another stream

okay, first update (a little for now) is here. drag me

YiHtJZz.gif

T O P   5 0   A L B U M S

Asd6Ld3.png

50    Michelle Branch | The Trouble With Fever
"How bad you want mе as long as it's fever forevеr?"
A problematic 00s legend returns. While the albums sounds good on the paper, more alternative take on her previous collaboration with Carney, and the lead single was pretty promising, it ended up being a bit monotonous and bland. While her lyricism is great, much better than Hopeless Romantic, I love some country/roots inspirations, overall hopeful and resentful mood, you couldn't really find any diverse or big highlights on this. 
highlights: Closest Thing to Heaven, I'm a Man, I'm Sorry, One Night

V3jtGPn.png

49    Little Boots | Tomorrow's Yesterdays
"It's like a bitter pill, why won't time stand still?"
Once a queen of electro pop, Little Boots finally makes a return to her roots seven years after questionable 'Working Girl'. I find it amazing that she produced most of her record by herself, creating magical piece of electro pop music. The album is still far away from her magnum opus 'Nocturnes' or even 'Hands', but she makes very funky, groovy feel all over the LP. Unlike most of recent disco records, this one takes inspirations from smaller, funkier productions. I wish she would've throw some bops here and there, but this album will find its place in her discography. 
highlights: Crying On the Inside, Love the Beginning, Back to Mine, Want You Back?

T O P   1 5 0   S I N G L E S

lr0P2Lw.png

150    PJ Morton, Jojo, Mr. Talkbox | My Peace
"If I don't take care of me I'm no good to you"
Pretty quiet year for JoJo, but she still delivered with this jam! They sound so freaking good together! I wouldn't mind more collaborations in future, this is one takes musical inspirations from Marvin Gaye's music with more r&b feel. Harmonies are everything! Such a good-feel song with a great message behind. 

yKpS7ps.png

149    Megan Thee Stallion | Her
"I eat hate, that's why I ain't got a waist"
I never was a Megan fan, but always liked her rap abilities. But I never prepared myself for such a BAWP. This is SICK. Pure vibe and the beat is freaking infectious. The anthem of sassiness. 

yjMtgMR.png

148    Christine and the Queens | rien dire
"Mes gestes ont pris la couleur de tes mouvements"
While it's still early to rank 'Redcar' album, 'rien dire' - second single from it - is feels like a Chris classic already - soft, minimal sounds with passionate vocals with monologue-like lyrics.

jaguqsV.png

147    Kelly Clarkson, Dolly Parton | 9 to 5
"It's a rich man's game no matter what they call it"
That's how you do great cover of the classic! Very surprising take on the iconic country bop. I love how Kelly goes with more calm version, helping to disclose toughful lyrics. And Dolly's bg-vocals are such a nice touch.

WjclVwN.png

146    Ellie Goulding | Let It Die
"When did you lose the light behind your eyes?"
Ellie served this year! I love her more anthemic records, but she surely can make big pop productions! 'Let It Die' is a bit repetious for my taste, but still extremely catchy and addictious. 

aWpQOPd.png

145    M.I.A. | Popular
"Gold and curly, brown and worldly packed in a 5'5" body"
Welp :rip: Drag me, but I love some trash bops. Lyrics are horrible and uninspired, but the beat is sick actually :fan: 

HA2yD3L.png

144    Avril Lavigne, Machine Gun Kelly | Bois Lie
"You put a knife into my back and tried to write your name"
Avril doing her best and being so organic with younger artists makes me so happy! One of the clear standouts from album. Their voices blend together so well and creating such an amazing chemistry. Such a great throwback to early 00s. 

:sistrens:

7 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

A bit sad to see Kelela's Happy Ending as HM. :cries:

But I love to see a mention for Sky's Everything Is Embarrassing, probably one of my most played tracks of 2022 even if it's a 10 years old song. :rip: It is a classic, tho.

welp, I can't stop listen to it every year :jonny5: one of the best songs ever created tbh

7 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Waterfall is one of my absolute favorites this year. :jamming:

Confide In Me original version is much superior:gaycat2:
Fastlove and Familiar Feeling deserved though!

no lie.mp3 but that remix is a masterpiece 

7 hours ago, Insanity said:

Sting is a bop and omg I was about to post for the girls in my Bubbling under but forgot she released :dies:

Fletcher may or may not have been in my top 20 albums :giraffe:

8 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Fastlove, Jóga & Familiar Feeling are classics :jonnycat:

I recently listen to Joss Stone's new album cause i was feeling nostalgic for some reason and it was suprising good. But i was surpise that Never Forget... is her 8th album :deadbanana4: i don't follow her career after Color Me Free i see nnn

Freaky Deaky, Twisted Mind & Waterfall are such bops like woah :clap3:

nnnn :deadbanana2: her stuff after Introducing was...not that good, but you can check LP1 at least

12 hours ago, Allday said:

Let Go & Plastic Hearts :WAP:

siickbrain, killers and doja in HM :clap3:

13 hours ago, Remmy said:

OOH the collage style banner :jonny: I live!!! and of course i spot plenty of people I enjoy

Recurrent Songs~ Blue Banisters is cute from what I remember. Easy On Me :heart: Good Ones :katie2:

Recurrent Albums~ Blue Banisters is okay from what I remember. Let Go & Plastic Hearts ahhh 2 classics!!!! :alexz:

Song HMs~ boy is so good :sats: It really came out of nowhere after their last album was very chill and slowed down. Haven't been loving Willow's music as much as most do but I totally forgot my friend showed me PURGE months ago and I remember being a fan :rockon: same for Waterfall! RAYE's best song of the year.

Ready for more greatness :celestial4:

I really hope it is the sound of their next album :jonny5: 

14 hours ago, MP2K said:

I feel like they're just throwing Mary a bone now, because I haven't been impressed with her recent grammy nominated stuff. But throwback Mary is one of my favorite artists. I love your throwback section in general.

I have to check out Pigments intentionally!

maybe :fan: but I actually loved her last album, even though she has better stuff in her catalogue

14 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Let Go #1 recurrent album :smitten: still her best to me, I love every song. Joga and Everything is Embarrassing :heart2:

Haven't heard any of the honorable mention albums tbh besides sorta Palomino but I only got a few songs in then turned it off sjhfghjshg. Think I just wasn't in the mood

Nice HM songs, Happy Ending is great! Not a huge Phoebe stan but Sidelines was good too and one of my favorite songs by her, Purge also a bop

14 hours ago, JGibson said:

Easy On Me in recurrents :worship:  

Boy in HMs :clap3:

3 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

love the graphics! Waterfall and Freaky Deaky are certified bops :jonnycat:

3 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

I forgot about Freaky Deaky nn

Lemme give this bop another stream

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

I really liked the Dawn Richard project but I barely got around to it :deadbanana:Only listened once, but she continues pushing boundaries.

Waterfall is definitely the best Disclosure song since the Moonlight project.

me too actually :skull: 

5 hours ago, Staryu said:

Love your banners, very artsy vibes 

1    Avril Lavigne | Let Go
3    Kylie Minogue | DISCO
4    Kylie Minogue | Kylie Minogue
5    Diana Ross | Forever Diana: Musical Memoirs
6    SZA | CTRL
7    Miley Cyrus | Plastic Hearts
8    Jazmine Sullivan | Heaux Tales
9    Mary J. Blige | Mary
10    Mariah Carey | Butterfly

All of these are classics :jonny: :eli: 

Bois Lie + 9 to 5 + Let It Die :party:

Michelle's new album is so bad imo :deadbanana4: I feel like there's something about the production feels very cheap that it kinda bothers me throughout listening nnn

i didn't know Mrs. Boots released new album this year. Let me check it out

Her & Bois Lie are such bops like- :jonnycat:

the Little Boots album was nothing more than okay to me, had some good songs but far from her best

Her and Let It Die mega bops :clap3:

Her and Popular were my faves on those albums, big bops! Michelle Branch's album was cute too, glad she's still releasing

Let it die & bois lie :katie2:

Let go is an amazing album, and the re-issue did actually elevate it a bit for me and made me remember why I love it so much :heart:

Plastic hearts is also great, was my #1 album from last year :)

C'mon HER love. The ***** was SPITTIN! :katie2:

Not a Michelle Branch in 2022. How do you keep up?

Let It Die :clap3: not my fave from EG, but still a bop nonetheless

HOW have I been blind to the fact that Queen Michelle Branch released an album this year?!! Lemme go listen :jonny6:

JPRQsao.gif

T O P   5 0    A L B U M S

JPP2Bcl.png

48    Rae Morris | Rachel@Fairyland
"I've booked us a table for two on top of a cloud"
Her first record after childbirth feels like a pretty intersting mix between surreal disney-like soundtrack and diverse art pop album. Her voice manipulations are everything! But they're not able to save this, yeah, there are some really stunning tracks, but mostly album feels a bit all over the place - too sweet or too monotonous sometimes (even though it's pretty short).  
highlights: Low Brow, Go Dancing, Running Shoes

1dhJA0Y.png

47    Lights | PEP
"I'm gonna keep on dancing to the drum in my head"
I always have a nice spot for Lights. I'm happy she finally finished her Skin&Earth red hair era :skull: PEP era started off kinda slow, singles were a bit disappointing. But the record itself is actually good and probably her most easy-listening album ever. Very cohesive, strong electro-pop record. Very uplifting, selfconfident album which takes the best from self-produced pop bangers and more natural/settled down takes. Impressive combination of both her old and newer sound. And not only that she also creates her own world within the album and era - something so unique about it. Probably one of her best and organic record to date. 
highlights: Voices Carry, Jaws, Real Thing, Okay Okay

dJyyfTv.png

46    Christina Aguilera | AGUILERA
"Somos las flores naciendo del lodo"
Gosh, I hate that stupid 'released by parts or EPs' concept so much :rip: It always ruins entire buildup for an era and almost never ends with a success. Christina finally found time to dedicate herself to an era, filmed many great vids (with the actual plotline!!!), served us with looks (she really robbed us for album cover with red hair) and everything, only for her album to be found nowhere on the charts :rip: As for album itself - it's good, I really love the combination of both more common spanish music with neo-pop. Really fun to listen to, especially 'La Fuerza' - the strongest EP and one her bests and most cohesive work at all, very passionate and full of joy, strenght and exploration; 'La Tormenta' had its moments too, while 'La Luz'...uhm...not existed basically :skull: 
highlights: Santo, Suéltame, Somos Nada, Traguito, No Es Que Te Extrañe

T O P   1 5 0   S I N G L E S

2Jc5flK.png

143    Grimes | Player of Games
"I'm in love with the greatest gamer, but he'll always love the game"
I...literally forgot Grimes tried to start the era early this year :skull: And uhm..it's okay that she decided to rework it eventually :skull: Song is pretty catchy, fun to listen, I love the beat and trance/rave vibes from it, but it's so far away from her usual work. It's just very forgettable in the end.  

679lwGU.png

142    YUNGBLUD, WILLOW | Memories
"Dreams of you wrap around my throat"
This is so energetic and infectious! Not a big fan of Yungblud but he actually sounds good here. Willow, on the other side, shines as always - espeically in the fast spoken parts. Guitar line is unforgettable. 

Zv1n3Nv.png

141    Tove Lo | True Romance
"I don't like the real world"
One of her most haunting songs ever - very breathtaking one-take record on love and break-up. Her voice captures some deep emotions here. Not my instant favorite, but I really appreciate her rawness and emotions here. Her crackling voice at the end gave me chills. 

VPO0naK.png

140    Mahalia | Letter To Ur Ex
"If you carry on like this, you gon' get your karma"
Probably one of the most underrated r&b artist right now. Serving here and there. This song takes a deep take into break-up and moving on. I've wished this to be longer, but welp, that's how you tell an actualy story in just 2 minutes song! Hits even harder with part 2.  

3lI6rAg.png

139    Alicia Keys | City of Gods (Part II)
"Does it always end with a broken heart?"
Alicia is probably the biggest NY fan :skull: While original rap version feels uninspired and underproduced, her own reimagination is pretty...amazing? Chill vibe, trans progression, catchy chorus - this version just sh!ts all over original one. 

3LWK7ZB.png

138    James Bay | One Life
"If I knew yesterday what I know today, where would I be tomorrow?"
Such a good-to-go song, it brings your happy memories. I just love how he always actually LIVES through his song.

sHtsC4V.png

137    Rina Sawayama | Hurricanes
"Always wanted to be best at everything, even when it brings out the worst in myself "
While she plays a lot with early 00s pop influences on her album, I think the best things came out when she combines them with more instrumental driven tracks. This one is one of the obvious standouts. It sounds like a guitar driven soundtrack to some teen movie, guitar driven instrumental are out of the world, and I love how she basically became like hurricane itself by driving herself more loud, angry, energetic and haotic. Really love it! 

6rDiONt.png

136    Lana Del Rey | Watercolor Eyes
"Your love stings like blood and a lemon"
The only Lana's entry this year, this song is slow burning, but clasically moody, slowburning jam. She really cathes up with 'Euphoria' vibe, but still has her own touch on this. Reminds me of Paradise/Ultraviolence era, not her ultimate classic, but nice add to her impressive catalog.

:sistrens:

35 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Let It Die :clap3: not my fave from EG, but still a bop nonetheless

HOW have I been blind to the fact that Queen Michelle Branch released an album this year?!! Lemme go listen :jonny6:

I would've missed it too if not ATRL's thread about her beating her husband :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, rvx said:

Interesting set of songs

Ellie + Avril :clap3:

5 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Her and Let It Die are good picks

I hate the Avril song nn

5 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

good album it is for little boots, cute sweet fun, avril :clap:

13 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Her and Let It Die both deserved so much more, amazing bops :loud:

14 hours ago, MP2K said:

C'mon HER love. The ***** was SPITTIN! :katie2:

Not a Michelle Branch in 2022. How do you keep up?

good sis made headlines as abuser this year :-* 

16 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Let go is an amazing album, and the re-issue did actually elevate it a bit for me and made me remember why I love it so much :heart:

Plastic hearts is also great, was my #1 album from last year :)

21 hours ago, Allday said:

Let it die & bois lie :katie2:

21 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Her and Popular were my faves on those albums, big bops! Michelle Branch's album was cute too, glad she's still releasing

21 hours ago, luckystrike said:

the Little Boots album was nothing more than okay to me, had some good songs but far from her best

Her and Let It Die mega bops :clap3:

21 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Michelle's new album is so bad imo :deadbanana4: I feel like there's something about the production feels very cheap that it kinda bothers me throughout listening nnn

i didn't know Mrs. Boots released new album this year. Let me check it out

Her & Bois Lie are such bops like- :jonnycat:

22 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

sidelines :clap3:

22 hours ago, Album Leak said:

Her is great, but sadly it's the only song from Traumazine that is usable for me :gaycat6:

for me too :gaycat5:

22 hours ago, JGibson said:

Bois Lie + 9 to 5 + Let It Die :party:

You always come through with insane graphics, but say that every year! And ofc great taste as well

Love that you see the beauty of True Romance by Tove, so underrated and I do love how you can feel the raw, one-take recording.

HER, Let It Die - massive bangers iktr

Rachel@Fairyland recognition :clap3: super overlooked, but such a nice listen

Watercolor Eyes :worship:

Player of Games was pretty fun, nowhere near her peak but a cute bop! I loove Hurricanes, it's a very 2000's banger. Used to love Lights but the album didn't do it for me at all :/ luv Beside Myself though

Edited by Sanguine

True Romance takes some getting used to but it’s honestly an overhated moment

Hurricanes an absolute HTG highlight, SOOO good :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.