• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Alldeezy

• JGibson

• TalkThatRihanna

I don't know if I'm gonna finish this list with atrl being broken almost every day :rip: 

T O P   5 0   A L B U M S

ETrEVmv.png

29    Carly Rae Jepsen | The Loneliest Time
"The benefit of all the broken hearts that i broke before they could break me"
Carly Rae Jepsen releasing great pop album in 2022? Is it gonna surprise us? Even though Carly can have some questionable missteps between her full-lenght albums, she always deliver with some pretty amazing pop records in the end. And while 'Dedicated' had some fillerish moments, 'The Loneliest Time' never missed a point. Playing with 80s pop, some funk, folk music, disco she created strong cohesive record full of bangers, minimal pop and nostalgic bops, she created such a dreamy and bubbly experience for you, that you hardly want to move from it. No skips practically. Would've been higher on my list, if it was released earlier. 
highlights: Talking to Yourself, Western Wind, Bad Thing Twice, Anxious, No Thinking Over the Weekend

4FuYnBH.png

28    Miley Cyrus | ATTENTION: MILEY LIVE
"Yeah, I got some baggage, let's do some damage"
I always loved Miley's live performances, sometimes even more than studio versions, so I was so freaking happy she released this live album finally, especially since it followed her best album 'Plastic Hearts'. Amazing vocals, great arrangements - I love more alt rock versions of already known songs, and what I love the most - how she represents all her disney/bangers/country/plastic eras here - you can feel how she finally accepts herself right now.  
highlights: You (Live), Like a Prayer (Live), Mother's Daughter X Boys Don't Cry (Live), High (Live)

RYeAoSi.png

27    Demi Lovato | HOLY ****
"There's scars I've caused and scars I've earned"
I really love pop-punk/pop-rock renaissance over the last years, so of course I loved Demi's return to her more pop-rock roots on this album. This album takes you back into 07-09, serving as perfect collection of pop-rock anthems and emo-flavored bangers. I love the fast-pacing tracklist, like you barely can get tired of it - it's bop after bop (with just couple misses). Very mature and cohesive record. Her lyricism is better than ever, I think this is the first time I actually can get into her lyrics about drug abuse since...Skyscraper? But what kinda baffles me is how the visuals are nowhere near to the album actually, like...looking at the cover or promo photos, you can expect something like 'Anthichrist Superstar', while this is more like 'Here We Go Again, but rockier' :skull: 
highlights: FREAK, DEAD FRIENDS, EAT ME, COME TOGETHER

T O P   1 5 0   S I N G L E S

tzHy3PE.png

87    Lykke Li | No Hotel
"Heartbeat half-dead, I carry blue with every step, I'm not over you"
Welp, no one does melancholic sad love songs like Lykke. It's rawness reminds me of 'I Never Learn' days, her best work. Maybe not the best from album, but really beautiful introduction to it - haunting and sombre.  

mEWgN39.png

86    MUNA | What I Want
"I wanna dance in the middle of a gay bar"
Most hard-hitting and striking track from album and honestly one of the best synth-pop productions of the year.

DwXwJ6h.png

85    Foxes | Growing on Me
"I sent myself down underneath, I let somebody bury me"
Another stand-out from album, full of heavy synths upbeat bop with heartbreaking lyrics about being connected and comfortable with yourself. One of the most honest tracks from the record. 

irJW8s3.png

84    Mahalia | In the Club
"I'm into making friends, I ain't into making up"
Mahalia was truly unstoppable this year, probably one of her strongest music wise. This song finds her addressing fake people in her life - who hasn't had at least one? Pretty relatable, groovy take on 'In Da Club' - really love this neo-r&b sound on her. And her unique personality and energy through the delivery of the lyrics is absolutely amazing.

I4XSGZI.png

83    Halsey | So Good
"In the back of my mind all I hear is your name"
And the award for the most embarassing failed single launch goes to... :rip: I honestly hate whoever made the decision to launch this single with such a promo campaign. But all those things aside, this song is .. pretty nice? You can't deny that her voice is MADE for pop. A bit generic, but really catchy bawp.  

oNFgNln.png

82    Björk | Fossora
"Her fossorial claw digs downwards, dissolves old pain"
Just..wow! The title track from album is probably one of my favorites from it and one of the best songs from her in years. Such an extreme cocktail of smashing percussion and her swirling vocals, big beats and her love of strings. Really amazing combination of classic and new Bjork.  

ssy4rIq.png

81    Let's Eat Grandma | Levitation
"I still believe that I haven’t met the best days of my life"
This song indeed a bit magical like, really makes you levitate in your mind - infectious hook, earwormy synths and tumbling beats. Maybe the poppiest song from the record, but also one of the most effective one, especially with a powerful lyrics like this. 

VEdL1dP.png

80    Snakehips, Tinashe | Who's Gonna Love You Tonight
"I got stuck deep in your feelings, gave you more of me than I needed"
First of all, as I've said before Tinashe's voice is MADE for dance music, second of all, even though it never reaches the magic of 'All My Friends' this is still nice deep groove, I really love the house feel of instrumental and Tinashe's vocals in this. Everything blends so well together. 

nMzCbT9.png

79    Florence + the Machine | King
"The very thing you're best at is the thing that hurts the most"
Incredible return after questionable, but still likeable 'High Is Hope', this song sounds absolutely spectacular, astounding and ethereal, I would've even call it witchy a bit. This is striking and empowering. I just love how anger and frustration raises over the track lenght, culminating in the end. 

71Z57ZP.png

78    Alesso, Katy Perry | When I'm Gone
"I'm still in your wild dreams"
This is honestly the best thing she did in the pop music since..."Never Really Over"? Maybe a bit generic, but it's Katy we're talking about. But the drop is really cool, lyrics are fun and sexy, the video is amazing, deserved to be a hit for her :'( 

51QECh9.png

77    Maggie Rogers | Want Want
"As I watch you get undressed pray to God this won't be a mess"
Catchy, fun, sexy, explosive, and overall is just incredible! To be honest, relistening it now - it aged like a fine wine.  

m5xXpb9.png

76    Empress Of | Dance for You
"When I break, I fix myself real fast"
Really smooth and catchy, we love break-up bawps.  

RECAP

On 12/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

R E C A P

[.] Honourable Mentions / Throwbacks [x]

TOP 50 ALBUMS:

JlOpI2V.png30    Kehlani | blue water road [x]
oic6kzY.png31    Tove Styrke | HARD [x]

OsE3xfT.png32    Rina Sawayama | Hold the Girl [x]

6HXIRMc.png33    Björk | Fossora [x]
TQrbAUw.png34    Emeli Sandé | Let's Say For Instance [x]

5393U4O.png35    Camila Cabello | Familia [x]

ukIE2Om.png36    Empress Of | Save Me - EP [x]

lmp2y1U.png37    Sigrid | How To Let Go [x]

sbo9M4r.png38    Mandy Moore | In Real Life [x]

jySrpfs.png39    James Bay | Leap [x]

5sbRPm3.png40    iamamiwhoami, ionnalee | Be Here Soon [x]

nS8Wt2v.png41    Let's Eat Grandma | Two Ribbons [x]
3UDPbg2.png42    Betty Who | BIG! [x]

vJg6HG5.png43    M.I.A. | MATA [x]

IjWz6dG.png44    MUNA | MUNA [x]

gEvPVY1.png45    Sharon Van Etten | We've Been Going About This All Wrong [x]

868dXQ4.png46    Christina Aguilera | AGUILERA [x]

YcxgItP.png47    Lights | PEP [x]

doZPiqc.png48    Rae Morris | Rachel@Fairyland [x]

dJM6pp3.png49    Little Boots | Tomorrow's Yesterdays [x]

26Kx5k1.png50    Michelle Branch | The Trouble With Fever [x]

TOP 150 SINGLES:

EcH8cCN.png88    iamamiwhoami, ionnalee | Thunder Lightning  [x]
DGIgqRn.png89    Charli XCX | Baby  [x]
vCxjcpo.png90    Let's Eat Grandma | Happy New Year  [x]
VWi3Rtv.png91    Betty Who | Blow Out My Candle [x]
xOdVL4E.png92    Willow | hover like a GODDESS [x]
7CY6ddV.png93    BANKS | I Still Love You [x]
pS4Kxh0.png94    Sheryl Crow | Circles [x]
P9yfqf9.png95    Hatchie | Lights On [x]

PzbSdUW.png96    Marina | Happy Loner [x]
zcUSCd7.png97    Hatchie | Quicksand [x]
RTRMNcD.png98    ALMA | Summer Really Hurt Us [x]
D1Sg5c5.png99    Ciara, Coast Contra | JUMP [x]
ywuEPW7.png100    The Weeknd | Out of Time [x]
ZxXFEWc.png101    Rina Sawayama | Hold the Girl [x]
DadxwyG.png102    Sigrid, Bring Me The Horizon | Bad Life [x]

ntywLRZ.png103    Machine Gun Kelly, Willow | emo girl [x]

ye9xV2e.png104    MØ | Goosebumps [x]

iYByc8Z.png105    Doja Cat | Woman [x]

F38FQCW.png106    James Bay | Give Me the Reason  [x]

95xSyHb.png107    Demi Lovato | SKIN OF MY TEETH [x]

scY1BDu.png108    Betty Who | SHE CAN DANCE [x]

tN2edPZ.png109    Christine and the Queens | Je te vois enfin [x]

AuZxxwG.png110    Bree Runway | Somebody Like You [x]

H1cY7G5.png111    Hatchie | The Rhythm [x]

1ZD0CXo.png112    iamamiwhoami, ionnalee | Don't Wait For Me [x]

BgpVblF.png113    Tinashe | Naturally [x]

q13ajvR.png114    HAIM | Lost Track [x]

XFKYUqC.png115    Rina Sawayama | This Hell [x]

2JEwOrn.png116    Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake, Halsey, Pharrell Williams | Stay With Me [x]

cglMLTt.png117    Rihanna | Lift Me Up [x]

trDlg7s.png118    Foxes | Sky Love [x]

ZcvSwT6.png119    Björk, Sindri Eldon | Ancestress [x]

uO8XE5Z.png120    Alicia Keys | Best of Me [x]

hPuu0Yv.png121    Loreen | Neon Lights [x]

R5AFE89.png122    Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens, Caroline Polachek | New Shapes [x]

fWWED5I.png123    Rae Morris | No Woman Is An Island [x]

P0LMVDK.png124    Nicki Minaj | Super Freaky Girl [x]

rYPaPVE.png125    Mandy Moore | Little Dreams [x]

GauNRBV.png126    Joss Stone | Breaking Each Other's Hearts [x]

1t0LYB4.png127    Mabel, Jax Jones, Galantis | Good Luck [x]

jr8pFQP.png128    George Ezra | Dance All Over Me [x]

5QDttJs.png129    Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi | Just Look Up [x]

YQdxl4D.png130    Lady Gaga | Hold My Hand [x]

JKr3xjI.png131    Summer Walker, SZA, Cardi B | No Love [x]

olPbqAr.png132    Mandy Moore | In Real Life [x]

2wUNHzg.png133    Romeo Santos, Justin Timberlake | Sin Fin [x]

VmkkC9W.png134    Tove Styrke | Show Me Love [x]

C0wqaMn.png135    Raye, 070 Shake | Escapism. [x]

Vb7a13P.png136    Lana Del Rey | Watercolor Eyes [x]

ri5aMCa.png137    Rina Sawayama | Hurricanes [x]

JkV2U5l.png138    James Bay | One Life [x]

adtD46j.png139    Alicia Keys | City of Gods (Part II) [x]

3MBjE0R.png140    Mahalia | Letter To Ur Ex [x]

G6E4z0J.png141    Tove Lo | True Romance [x]

WuLTkn1.png142    YUNGBLUD, WILLOW | Memories [x]

XNGzQOr.png143    Grimes | Player of Games [x]

rRHF4Dl.png144    Avril Lavigne, Machine Gun Kelly | Bois Lie [x]

udraurV.png145    M.I.A. | Popular [x]

eb9R3gK.png146    Ellie Goulding | Let It Die [x]

ssn3nWE.png147    Kelly Clarkson, Dolly Parton | 9 to 5 [x]

Nc0sBGg.png148    Christine and the Queens | rien dire [x]

9Fu122H.png149    Megan Thee Stallion | Her [x]

2xHH5Ou.png150    PJ Morton, Jojo, Mr. Talkbox | My Peace [x]

They did say they are extending it so im hoping I do too haha. 

Carly, miley and demi :heart:

Growing on me + so good + who's gonna love you + when im gone :clap3:

So Good + Want Want + King + When I'm Gone  :clap3:

its killing me how we were forced to drop the rest of the lists cuz how ****** up the server is :deadbanana2:

a shame tho, ur thread is perfection :heart:

The campaign for So Good was embarrassing indeed :deadvision:

Agreed about WIG being her best song since NRO

• ATRL Moderator

When I'm Gone was released this year? :rip:

Anyways, The Loneliest Time :clap3: Holy **** didn't deserve to be higher tho!

No Hotel :jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6:

What I Want + Growing On Me, King :clap3:

Want Want :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: 

Merry Christmas.zip to everyone :gaycat1:

T O P  5 0   A L B U M S

4MMlwRa.png

26    Mabel | About Last Night…
"Went for the thrill, but I am feeling the same"
This poor gal got me really worried about this release with mediocre debut album, lazy performances and questionable start of an era last year (besides Let Them Know). But she proved me wrong! :jonny2: Pretty much the perfect pop record - silky and fun, fool of both sassy dancefloor anthems, sad bops, lighthearted lyrics, bubble and colorful visuals, relaxing sound, big beats and earworm hooks. The way this album transitions from big party feeling to some kind of a "hangover morning" over its lenght is pretty amazing. I wish she would've explore house/rave sound of 'Let Them Know' more, but I still think it's very solid work overall.  
highlights: Definition, Crying On The Dance Floor, Animal, Let Love Go, I Love Your Girl

CHXT1A3.png

25    Jennifer Lopez | Marry Me (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
"I swear I must've spent a thousand nights looking for somebody who could hold me tight"
Idk if I miss full-lenght projects from JLo or early 00s romcoms, but I really loved both the movie and its soundtrack so much. It's pretty generic mostly and not so original lyrically, but it really fits the athmosphere of the movie and serves as such a pop at its best realness. Even though it's pretty short it is full of really catchy hooks, ear-worm melodies and memorable choruses.  
highlights: Church, Love of My Life, After Love (Part 1), Pa' Ti

EYZcOWk.png

24    Noah Cyrus | The Hardest Part
"Noah, when you don't know where you're going, just stand still"
Noah never stops to surprise me ever since she walk into country-pop direction. Amazing debut after years of trying to find her sound and style. Beautiful, comfortable music experience, even at its really short lenght it stays really intersting and touching. The combination of pop tunes with heartbreaking ballads along with her delicate vocal delivery creates magical place. Really stunning piece of music.  
highlights: Noah (Stand Still), Hardest Part, Unfinished, My Side of the Bed, Set For Life

5JmNB4Q.png

75    Mary J. Blige | Good Morning Gorgeous
"Mentally, spiritually, physically, I need my peace"
Whew, Mary sis gave us her entire heart and soul once again, this empowering self-love anthem is something else. I kinda ingored this at initial release, but it grows on me with album release. Chilling and comforting, along with her voice and uplifting lyrics this song serves as some kind of a music medicine. And sis is really GLOWING. 

kOFcKBq.png

74    Beyoncé | Be Alive
"Got all my family by my side"
I really loved the movie and when moment ending credits started to roll, I almost got goosebumps - empowering celebratory sound along with heavy drums were so fitting to the narrative. But without the movie effect, I understood the song is far from her best, I feel like the lyrics were a bit basic - especially for an oscar-bait song, the beats are cool but a little repetetive, chorus is far from her catchiest, and actually I think she should've saved "Black Parade" for this soundtrack - this would've been perfect :'( .  

6OgbeyI.png

73    Steve Lacy | Bad Habit
"You can't surprise a Gemini"
The way I've ignored this song for almost entire year, because most of the Billboard Top 10 is full of basic **** :rip: Ugh, but I gave him a chance after randomly looking at his performance and YT .. and whew! I did not expact that! (especially since Sheeran kinda spoiled this song title with his nightmare radio spam). Even though his album didn't really hit me, this song is one of the best of the year - crossing over multiple genres, nostalgic, groovy, emotional, joyful. It's just hits really close to home to me.  

gI6gtil.png

72    Emeli Sandé | There Isn't Much
"Oh, God willing, you'll find it in your heart and whisper I'm forgiven"
Easily my favorite from the album. Beautiful calm, wavy production from Naughty Boy is amazing, and I really love the 'prayer'-like vibe she got in it. Very different from other 80s-inspired pop bops this year, and personal.  

9xxnwmF.png

71    Sam Feldt, Rita Ora | Follow Me
"Love and heartbreak, they walk a thin line"
Rita, sis, I'm glad that you're happily married, but can you get your ass back to the studio and record an actually good bawps? :rip: I'm ok with her releasing generic dance-pop, if it on the same level as "Ritual" or "Bang Bang EP" or entire "Phoenix" album - every droplet she released this year was almost atrocious :deadbanana4: The best one among them - "Follow Me" was cute for few weeks, catchy and fun, but listening to it now... it aged ..uhm..not good :rip: 

W8Ff1Si.png

70    Camila Cabello, Ed Sheeran | Bam Bam
"You said you hated the ocean, but you're surfin' now"
Y'all can drag me, but this is pretty nice and cute easy-listening bop, I think it's really infectious, and its catchy hook, versus and pre-chorus are brilliantly ear-wormy. The only bad parts are bland chorus and boring Ed's part :skull: 

y7Ohl7z.png

69    Caroline Polachek | Billions
"I never felt so close to you"
Did she put some drugs in this song?

r1hyrAd.png

68    SZA | I Hate U 
"And if you wondered if I hate you - I do"
Thanks tiktok for making this b!tch release her singles at least :rip: Even tho I loved "Joni" and "Nightbird" more, this song was such a vibe ever since soundcloud drop! Very moody and groove, I really loved her drowned vocals in instrumental, it sets more ethereal mood for the song. Maybe a bit simple, but very effective jam.  

RsUwRNG.png

67    Foxes | Absolute
"You are where I'm landing"
Ugh, the way this pop perfection should've been a big hit... Amazingly catchy and practically an honey for your ears.  

YZMldE0.png

66    Björk | Atopos
"Hope is a muscle that allows us to connect"
I...I have no words. We should just be careful and save her as a national treasure. The way this is dramatic, sexy, abrasive, goofy, dancey at the same time. One of the most interesting and unique productions and vocal performances of the year.  

AeJSSrt.png

65    Foxes | Body Suit
"Take me home, make me home"
Even though Foxes served bops after bops on 'The Kick', I actually prefer that ballad over the rest of tracks. It sounds straight out of '85, beautiful, nostalgic, touching - should've been "Time After Time" of our years. Sax parts making it even more gorgeous.  

g3fo2wp.png

64    BANKS | Holding Back
"Don't be afraid, not every conversation is a new grenade"
This is just gorgeous, she should've start this era with this one. Amazing play with dynamics and key changes, dark and smooth sound, really nice combination of distorted effects she used in her previous albums and more light production of Serpentina.  

RECAP

R E C A P

TOP 50 ALBUMS:

jqZw6m9.png27    Demi Lovato | HOLY **** [x]
MbL3fBj.png28    Miley Cyrus | ATTENTION: MILEY LIVE [x]
HWD2q0j.png29    Carly Rae Jepsen | The Loneliest Time [x]

TOP 150 SINGLES:

1JBCCGU.png76    Empress Of | Dance for You [x]
0OUguf2.png77    Maggie Rogers | Want Want [x]
e55vnZF.png78    Alesso, Katy Perry | When I'm Gone [x]
85KXjO5.png79    Florence + the Machine | King [x]
hmCx0tf.png80    Snakehips, Tinashe | Who's Gonna Love You Tonight [x]
18gq37s.png81    Let's Eat Grandma | Levitation [x]
XPhfMpF.png82    Björk | Fossora [x]
lXeafjv.png83    Halsey | So Good [x]
Kh7Pohm.png84    Mahalia | In the Club [x]
TkqIDLP.png85    Foxes | Growing on Me [x]
TIZQxC8.png86    MUNA | What I Want [x]
82SBR5h.png87    Lykke Li | No Hotel [x]

2JEwOrn.png116    Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake, Halsey, Pharrell Williams | Stay With Me [x]

R5AFE89.png122    Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens, Caroline Polachek | New Shapes [x]

:sistrens:

On 12/24/2022 at 5:01 PM, Allday said:

They did say they are extending it so im hoping I do too haha. 

Carly, miley and demi :heart:

Growing on me + so good + who's gonna love you + when im gone :clap3:

I hope too :rip:   

On 12/24/2022 at 5:04 PM, JGibson said:

So Good + Want Want + King + When I'm Gone  :clap3:

22 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

carly :heart2:

21 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

its killing me how we were forced to drop the rest of the lists cuz how ****** up the server is :deadbanana2:

a shame tho, ur thread is perfection :heart:

thank u :heart:

11 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

The campaign for So Good was embarrassing indeed :deadvision:

Agreed about WIG being her best song since NRO

10 hours ago, Legend E said:

When I'm Gone was released this year? :rip:

Anyways, The Loneliest Time :clap3: Holy **** didn't deserve to be higher tho!

No Hotel :jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6::jonny6:

What I Want + Growing On Me, King :clap3:

Want Want :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6: 

nnnn I was unsure too :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

fsdfvsd; girl not the marry me soundtrack :gaycat7: 

I Hate U and the two Foxes songs :clap3: I should give another listen to Serpentina tbh because nothing stood out for me from Banks this year

Body Suit and Absolute :heart2: Love to see Foxes representation

Billions is kinda underrated imo I don't see it getting as much praise as her other songs. I Hate U is good, Good Morning Gorgeous just okay but I'm glad that she's having some success.

I try to follow the H100 even if I don't like many of the songs, but Bad Habit doesn't do it for me, it's not bad though.

Bad Habit, IHU and Bam Bam all bops :clap3:

Rita finally making a list :jonnycat:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

About last night :alexz:

Foxes and SZA :heart:

I usually try to keep up with my Carly but the singles weren't exciting, but I'll check out queen sometime

Had no idea Emeli, Lykke Li and Foxes released - I'm slacking. It's giving 2012 all over again

What I Want is iconic, Fossora, Levitation, King, Want Want, Dance for You, Bad Habit, I Hate U, Billions, Holding Back :clap3:

blue water road, blue water road, Baby, The Loneliest Time, Growing on Me, Fossora, Want Want, Body Suit acclaim :jonnycat:

i tried to listen to Tove Styrke album but i don't it's for me i fear. I also forgot that Halsey released So Good this year :deadbanana4: I used to played it on repeat probably for a month after its released like-

Bam bam is a huge bop :clap3: and I'm not here for you shading Ed's part :angry: at first it felt like a weird decision to have him instead of some latin act for the kind of song it is, but with time I grew to like it a lot

LPqVgD3.gif

BG1pTNO.png

23    Foxes | The Kick
"You drove me to paradise and pushed me out of the car"
Really great comeback and one of the strongest pop records this year. Yeah, it reminds us of euphoria-like feeling of 'E•MO•TION', but I really love the way she used this sound for herself - creating really infectious pop bangers. I alos like that on such a bright and colorful album she references the themes of heartbreak, sadness, loss, loneliness and sorrow - and that combination makes this as some kind of pain treatment at places: like, accept the truths and go on. Practically an exceptional magic - both comforting and danceful record. 
highlights: The Kick, Two Kinds of Silence, Forgive Yourself, Gentleman, Sister Ray

ovPttoA.png

22    Hatchie | Giving the World Away
"When will I start to feel like I'm whole?"
I loved her debut, but the way she grows in these 3 years is so amazing. Very ambitious, confident and interesting pop record. Her combination of dream-pop reality with more alternative/90s rock vibes hits really hard and more emotionally resonant. Such a great trip to listen to this record. The production is amazing, very textured and delicate, one of my favorite shoegazey production in a while. The only thing that bothers me a bit was the fact how strong were singles vs album tracks (besides DLMITR and TWROOA).  
highlights: Don't Leave Me In The Rain, Til We Run Out of Air, The Key, Quicksand

l8fYyRY.png

63    Tove Styrke | Hardcore
"Look at this body, sweeter than honey"
Practically one of the standouts from album, mostly because how unusual and expressive it sounds. Sexy and confident, raw, almost explosive ending - I really like her 'screaming' vocals, really cool production.  

Guda2f7.png

62    Harry Styles | Music for a Sushi Restaurant
"Could we live with just a taste?"
One of the favorites from album - really strange, fresh, energetic 'oomph' on a very conservative record. 

RjNsPtg.png

61    Avril Lavigne | Bite Me
"Those things you said might be the last ones that I heard"
I didn't really like it at first, but it grows on me with album on board - really nice, catchy and fun tune that pulls you back into mid 00s, perfect teaser for a return to her roots.  

Yb8qx4T.png

60    Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa, Young Thug | Potion
"Late night conversations, electric emotions sprinkled with a little bit of sex, and it's a potion"
While most of 'Funk Wav Bounces 2' were boring monotonous fillers, "Potion" is the obvious standout - chilly, groovy and overall playful athmosphere makes it a nice track for summer nights. Yeah, it's far from highs of first volume of FWB or One Kiss, but it's cute little bop.   

IGm9Dui.png

59    Lykke Li | Highway to Your Heart
"Get high, but it won't last, I'm still alone"
The way she breaks me with her melancholic ballads :jonny: No one do it like her :jonny: Such a stunning piece of music, what I love the most that unlike her previous break-up anthems, she puts some more dreamy and breezy feeling to it, like a hope of repair, hope of survival after such a heartbreak.  

n0Gw49H.png

58    Willow | curious/furious
"Shielding myself from the depths of my heart, the surface is calm, inside the chaos restarts"
Idk, something about this song feels so personal and relatable, that key change in the chorus gets me every time. Stunning vocal performance, and I actually love it even more in live version.  

MNSKIJo.png

57    Mitski | Heat Lightning
"There's nothing I can do, not much I can change, can I give it up to you?"
One of the most beautiful pieces she made on 'Laurel Hell', this track shines with twinkling piano which translates later into more electronic, haunting passage. Gorgeously written and produced song, that crawls up into your skin.  

kkJytaN.png]

56    Noah Cyrus | I Just Want A Lover
"In the united hate of America the hearts are just as broken as the nation"
Probably one of the best examples of perfect blend between her recent folk/soft rock influences with poppier sound. I love that she adresses political issues along with her personal experience. And tbh this is the song she should've gotten hit with - nice dark country pop banger.  

RECAP

R E C A P

TOP 50 ALBUMS:

eB59Ghw.png24    Noah Cyrus | The Hardest Part [x]
A2OKrki.png25    Jennifer Lopez | Marry Me (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [x]
aSpvvib.png26    Mabel | About Last Night… [x]

jqZw6m9.png27    Demi Lovato | HOLY **** [x]
MbL3fBj.png28    Miley Cyrus | ATTENTION: MILEY LIVE [x]
HWD2q0j.png29    Carly Rae Jepsen | The Loneliest Time [x]

TOP 150 SINGLES:

rK4suSV.png64    BANKS | Holding Back [x]
F850GZP.png65    Foxes | Body Suit [x]
dxX6PCI.png66    Björk | Atopos [x]
ENFM4T8.png67    Foxes | Absolute [x]
GRKf0aD.png68    SZA | I Hate U [x]
lV5od9S.png69    Caroline Polachek | Billions [x]
hxoloTC.png70    Camila Cabello, Ed Sheeran | Bam Bam [x]
gis9Kq8.png71    Sam Feldt, Rita Ora | Follow Me [x]
g83mA8D.png72    Emeli Sandé | There Isn't Much [x]
tRFGBbI.png73    Steve Lacy | Bad Habit [x]
mHIWYyq.png74    Beyoncé | Be Alive [x]
AqMyLmZ.png75    Mary J. Blige | Good Morning Gorgeous [x]

1JBCCGU.png76    Empress Of | Dance for You [x]
0OUguf2.png77    Maggie Rogers | Want Want [x]
e55vnZF.png78    Alesso, Katy Perry | When I'm Gone [x]
85KXjO5.png79    Florence + the Machine | King [x]
hmCx0tf.png80    Snakehips, Tinashe | Who's Gonna Love You Tonight [x]
18gq37s.png81    Let's Eat Grandma | Levitation [x]
XPhfMpF.png82    Björk | Fossora [x]
lXeafjv.png83    Halsey | So Good [x]
Kh7Pohm.png84    Mahalia | In the Club [x]
TkqIDLP.png85    Foxes | Growing on Me [x]
TIZQxC8.png86    MUNA | What I Want [x]
82SBR5h.png87    Lykke Li | No Hotel [x]

:sistrens:

1 hour ago, Mr. Loco said:

Bam bam is a huge bop :clap3: and I'm not here for you shading Ed's part :angry: at first it felt like a weird decision to have him instead of some latin act for the kind of song it is, but with time I grew to like it a lot

5 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

blue water road, blue water road, Baby, The Loneliest Time, Growing on Me, Fossora, Want Want, Body Suit acclaim :jonnycat:

i tried to listen to Tove Styrke album but i don't it's for me i fear. I also forgot that Halsey released So Good this year :deadbanana4: I used to played it on repeat probably for a month after its released like-

poor Halsey :deadbanana:

6 hours ago, rvx said:

Bad Habit is a real earworm :jamming:

8 hours ago, MP2K said:

I usually try to keep up with my Carly but the singles weren't exciting, but I'll check out queen sometime

Had no idea Emeli, Lykke Li and Foxes released - I'm slacking. It's giving 2012 all over again

What I Want is iconic, Fossora, Levitation, King, Want Want, Dance for You, Bad Habit, I Hate U, Billions, Holding Back :clap3:

nnnnn I wish it was 2012 tho :toofunny3:

15 hours ago, Allday said:

About last night :alexz:

Foxes and SZA :heart:

16 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Bad Habit, IHU and Bam Bam all bops :clap3:

Rita finally making a list :jonnycat:

I hope she makes a bigger entrance next year :gaycat1:

16 hours ago, potent said:

Body Suit and Absolute :heart2: Love to see Foxes representation

Billions is kinda underrated imo I don't see it getting as much praise as her other songs. I Hate U is good, Good Morning Gorgeous just okay but I'm glad that she's having some success.

I try to follow the H100 even if I don't like many of the songs, but Bad Habit doesn't do it for me, it's not bad though.

it is? :deadbanana: I always though it was very loved by everyone

19 hours ago, Legend E said:

fsdfvsd; girl not the marry me soundtrack :gaycat7: 

I Hate U and the two Foxes songs :clap3: I should give another listen to Serpentina tbh because nothing stood out for me from Banks this year

Marry Me (the song) coming to top 10 :gaycat1:

22 hours ago, Green said:

Bad Habit, Bam Bam, Good Morning Gorgeous  :clap:

On 12/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, JGibson said:

Bad Habit :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

LPqVgD3.gif

BG1pTNO.png

ovPttoA.png

l8fYyRY.png

Guda2f7.png

RjNsPtg.png

Yb8qx4T.png

IGm9Dui.png

n0Gw49H.png

MNSKIJo.png

kkJytaN.png]

RECAP

Reveal hidden contents

design my life like u design these plssss  :jonny5:

Bite Me + curious/furious :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.