• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Alldeezy

• JGibson

• TalkThatRihanna

It didn't really STAY with me but Hurricanes really took us back.

Hurricanes + True RomanceΒ :clap3:

Β 

I heard James Bays album but don't remember that songΒ 

Hurricanes is one of the bests on HTG :clap3:I haven’t heard the other songs in this update nn

The Trouble with Fever being monotonious & bland, you've got that right! But the opening track + Not My Lover were nice. Wasn't able to get into Her (song), sadly. So many hyped it up because it's a big bop but the repetitive chorus is laaacking. Let it Die ahhh yesssΒ :katie2: :katie2: True Romance :heart2: One Life ahhh wasn't expecting him to show up, yeah that one is so nice & just makes you feel good. :date:Β Hurricanes right after it :jonny2: She snapped on that one, possibly among the best choruses of 2022.

I appreciate Xtina's dedication for doing an era even with the floppiest album in her career :deadbanana4:Β And i agree La Fuerza EP is the strongest one cause it feels like she know what kind of direction she was going for

Β 

True Romance & Watercolor Eyes is cute songs and Hurricanes is such a grower like woahΒ :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Hurricanes deserved to be higher x

Β 

AGUILERA...well..I listened to the first EP I think and it was awful. But the era was hilarious. The random ass release and that placeholder :bibliahh:Β 

Β 

Also, I am sorry this site is ******* your graphics :katie:Β 

that mess of a site, I swear :deadbanana4:Β  search button is still not working for me :deadbanana2:

but let's continue since pics are working at least :rip:Β 

s9kkbLj.gif

Β 

Β 

T O PΒ  Β  5 0Β  Β A L B U M S

A5ABAD7.png

45Β Β  Β Sharon Van Etten | We've Been Going About This All Wrong
"I dance like Elaine, but my baby takes me to the floor"
Really late addition to my list - I didn't listen it during the release, but randomly got interested in her work after relistening her Angel Olsen duet. And I am surely happy for that decision. Haunting and elegant work of art feels epic, depressing, happy, angry at times - such an experience to listen to. I love how she blows you away with her deep voice, meaningful and sometimes vulnerable lyrics.Β 
highlights: Headspace, Come Back, Mistakes, Born

Β 

m9eUl7A.png

44Β Β  Β MUNA | MUNA
"Hit me so I know I can feel something"
I honestly never heard of them before last year, yes, drag me :rip: But thanks to Will Young's beautiful cover of 'Crying..' and their pop precious single with Phoebe Bridgers, I started to discover more about this band. And wtf, they released some of the best synth-pop albums of the last decade, and self-titled coming even harder here! Unlike mostly electro-pop arrangements on previous records, this album takes deeper into hyperpop/disco/new wave/country inspirations. It's so unapologetically beautiful, self-confident, pulsating and energetic. It's full of joy and happiness, even with sometimes regretful lyrics. Spectacular pop album.Β 
highlights: Home By Now, Kind of Girl, Solid, No Idea

zeW0fEo.png

43Β Β  Β M.I.A. | MATA
"When times are difficult we're gonna need a miracle"
It's probably her most 'safe' project, but even with several duds and questionable production and lyrics she still has IT. Even though it's a big step up from 'AIM' and highlights are pretty high, they're not able to save this record from loudness or 'trying to be basic' fillers. Still, parts of it are very enjoyable and boppable.Β 
highlights: Marigold, Beep, F.I.A.S.O.M. Pt. 2, Zoo Girl

Β 

Β 

Β 

T O PΒ  Β 1 5 0Β  Β S I N G L E S

199kHIH.png

135Β Β  Β Raye, 070 Shake | Escapism.
"I don't trust any of these ******* I'm with"
Raye's story coming to the books: from talented songwriter, to pop singer, to EDM queen, to label prisoner to finally finding the freedom and actually getting success with her own stuff! While we still waiting for her first album - Escapism serves as probably her most ambisious and impressive song yet. Fast-spoken, almost rap parts, sick beat, extremly graphic lyrics - her personality and energy are written all through this. Just wow! So, so happy for her

e4FrWae.png

134Β Β  Β Tove Styrke | Show Me Love
"Go ahead and make me cry for it"
Such an unexpected direction she took with this one. Very raw, wild ballad. Kinda reminds me of 60s ballads. Very stripped down instrumental, with just few guitar solos here and there, really helps to empathize her. I need that guitar-driven/60s inspired pop rock record now, Tove!

gnb6gR4.png

133Β Β  Β Romeo Santos, Justin Timberlake | Sin Fin
"If it takes my life it’s fine - I’ll gladly go to war"
Yeah, Justin is still a trash, and he did not age gracefully :skull: But he still surely has an ear for pop earworm bops. It's probably the best thing he did in a long time. Really catchy, summery vibe.Β 

Sly2Ir4.png

132Β Β  Β Mandy Moore | In Real Life
"Now each minor key, sounds major to me"
The title track from the album is probably also the most striking one. It's indeed feels very real. Her ability to actually put her personality and feelings in the songs are amazing. One her most personal and mature songs yet Those Fleetwood Mac sound is everything with her voice.Β Β 

LhnR5Bs.png

131Β Β  Β Summer Walker, SZA, Cardi B | No Love
"If I had you back, all I'd wanna do is ****"
I'm still not really into Summer's music, but she's doing great r&b jams for sure. 'No Love' was a standout from her latest record, but this extended version is even better - maybe not the best verse from Cardi, but I like her chilling addition to it. Very sultry, sexy, self-confident bop.Β Β 

NmX828E.png

130Β Β  Β Lady Gaga | Hold My Hand
"I can see everything you're blind to now"
Gaga, movie soundtrack, vocal ballad - a combination that should've ended up in a success. Welp..not this time :rip: I honestly can't say what's really wrong with it - basic lyrics? uninspired mood? bad production?Β Β 

KK0ddig.png

129Β Β  Β Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi | Just Look Up
"Turn off that ****-box News 'cause you're about to die soon everybody"
First of all, I loved "Don't Look Up" and I loved Ari's role in it (I would've preffered if she'd stick to these types of movie roles instead of going full-actress mode rn). As for the song - it's such a great fit for the film, I find it extremely hilarious how they're singing these lyrics with full dramatic/serious tone. So, if you don't consider it seriously - it's perfect and fitting soundtrack, really sarcastic and fun in such a way.Β 

BvaKMMd.png

128Β Β  Β George Ezra | Dance All Over Me
"Won't you be here now with me?"
While I usually like George's music, I found myself hardly returning to "Gold Rush Kid" as it felt like pretty monotonous and uninspired music. But even through that you can still find some great jams - 'Dance All Over Me' is one of them. Uplifting, catchy, this song is such an earworm.Β 

7H4kU6n.png

127Β Β  Β Mabel, Jax Jones, Galantis | Good Luck
"Try to upgrade you, he must be out his mind"
Mabel served some europop realness with her latest era, but not without some questionable marks here and there. This one is among them. Cute radio-friendly bop, I like its references to disco, but it all felt overproduced in the end. I would've prefer it to stay in line with nostalgic/retro ifluence - I think original demo is miles and miles better - much more influenced by disco/club scene and still boppable.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

:sistrens:

On 12/13/2022 at 5:34 AM, luckystrike said:

True Romance takes some getting used to but it’s honestly an overhated moment

Β 

Hurricanes an absolute HTG highlight, SOOO good :clap3:

Β 

Β 

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:02 AM, Sanguine said:

Player of Games was pretty fun, nowhere near her peak but a cute bop! I loove Hurricanes, it's a very 2000's banger. Used to love Lights but the album didn't do it for me at all :/ luv Beside Myself though

she can do better for sure

On 12/13/2022 at 4:30 AM, JGibson said:

Watercolor EyesΒ :worship:

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, dreamofyou said:

watercolor eyes and hurricanes:clap3:

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 2:43 AM, BlackoutZone said:

You always come through with insane graphics, but say that every year! And ofc great taste as well

Love that you see the beauty of True Romance by Tove, so underrated and I do love how you can feel the raw, one-take recording.

HER, Let It Die - massive bangers iktr

Rachel@Fairyland recognition :clap3:Β super overlooked, but such a nice listen

Thank u :heart2:Β 

On 12/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, worldwide angel said:

her, rachel@fairyland, mia lashings :clap3:

more lashings are here :eli:Β 

On 12/16/2022 at 8:06 AM, Legend E said:

Hurricanes deserved to be higher x

Β 

AGUILERA...well..I listened to the first EP I think and it was awful. But the era was hilarious. The random ass release and that placeholder :bibliahh:Β 

Β 

Also, I am sorry this site is ******* your graphics :katie:Β 

NIGHTMARE :deadbanana:

this site... :deadvision:

On 12/15/2022 at 5:20 AM, Polgg48 said:

xtina :clap: lana never misses and mahalia is pretty cool for me :biggrin:

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, Grumpy Cat said:

omfg the designs :clap3: and the taste :jonny5:

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I appreciate Xtina's dedication for doing an era even with the floppiest album in her career :deadbanana4:Β And i agree La Fuerza EP is the strongest one cause it feels like she know what kind of direction she was going for

Β 

True Romance & Watercolor Eyes is cute songs and Hurricanes is such a grower like woahΒ :clap3:

yeah, the third one being just one song... :deadbanana2:

On 12/13/2022 at 10:32 AM, Remmy said:

The Trouble with Fever being monotonious & bland, you've got that right! But the opening track + Not My Lover were nice. Wasn't able to get into Her (song), sadly. So many hyped it up because it's a big bop but the repetitive chorus is laaacking. Let it Die ahhh yesssΒ :katie2: :katie2: True Romance :heart2: One Life ahhh wasn't expecting him to show up, yeah that one is so nice & just makes you feel good. :date:Β Hurricanes right after it :jonny2: She snapped on that one, possibly among the best choruses of 2022.

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Hurricanes is one of the bests on HTG :clap3:I haven’t heard the other songs in this update nn

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:47 AM, Insanity said:

Hurricanes + True RomanceΒ :clap3:

Β 

I heard James Bays album but don't remember that songΒ 

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:10 AM, MP2K said:

It didn't really STAY with me but Hurricanes really took us back.

Β 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:08 AM, Allday said:

Hurricanes & Memories :heart:Β 

Β 

oop I didn't mind Christina's album this year but imo is her weakest album yet

• ATRL Moderator

MUNA :clap3:Β too low tho :fish2:Β and yes, their discography is STUNNING

Β 

HMH and Good Luck :clap3:Β 

Raye & MabelΒ :alexz:

In Real Life + Hold My HandΒ :clap3:

Great set from No Love, MUNA, and Sharon

Β 

The way Justin doesn't bother anyone and ya'll still hate that man :priceless:. Him and Romeo sound so good on Sin Fin

Β 

Not Many Moore releasing in 2022.

So many gems- Mabel. M.I.A., Gaga, Cardi... :clap:

Β 

And the designs are on point one more time! :ihype:

I forgot about Dont Look Ups existenceΒ :dies:

I just got into Escapism and I love it

Β 

No Love (original) ended the RihmixΒ :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.