❄️ alex's best of 2022 ❄️ | AOTY + SOTY Revealed!

Alex

22 hours ago, Allday said:

Flo :heart:

love them :heart:

22 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

daya yep :worship2:

:heart:

22 hours ago, cockatoo said:

I honestly kinda forgot about the Ari Lennox EP after she dropped the album :gaycat6:

Daya's EP was really good, I've enjoyed the occasional singles from her recently (Bad Girl + the remix, The Difference and Insomnia) but it was nice to see her deliver an EP consistent in quality.

Yeah I had FLO's EP on repeat a lot. Just very chilled throwback R&B. I think I'd like to see them try something a little bit different in future though, I'm not sure if they can take off as a throwback act.

Will need to check out Rendezvous, never heard of her before :mandown:

ddd poor Ari, she was done dirty with this (lack of an) album rollout

stan the others :heart:

18 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Daya and FLO :jonny5: The taste already :gaycat5:

Thank you :heart:

15 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Flo amazing obviously :jonnycat: the Daya and Doechii ones were cute too

I totally forgot to listen to Ari’a EP because of her album coming out right after lol lemme finally check it out

15 hours ago, madonnas said:

My fave here is Doechii definitely.  FLO are very promising.  They just need *that* song.  I know they have it in them.  

omg thank you for mentioning Doechii, she's so underrated I feel like. I'm keeping my eye on her because all of her recent output has been great and i'm sure the album will be too!

Agree about FLO, the closest they got to that is Summertime imo.

14 hours ago, rvx said:

Nice graphics :biggrin2:

thank you :heart:

1 hour ago, TheWayWeWere said:

graphice are AMAZING :jonny6:

FLO appearing on so many lists already :jonny2: I need to listen them ASAP 

thank you :heart:

and yes you do!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• TalkThatRihanna

• Alldeezy

• TheWayWeWere

LOL I love but I agree with the rest lol 

You're kinda eating with these graphics

Two Kim Petras entries for woty :clap3: not many can achieve this

LOL and AIW are far from worst but cute graphics

Anything from **** Pop belongs tho

Edited by Insanity

agree with most of these, even though i can't stand harry, AIW is a bop:deadbanana:

not the hardest part being an HM:deadbanana: but mabel deserves that HM

**** Pop may actually be one of the worst projects I've ever heard. Not sure what on Earth she was thinking.

LOL is a stupid song, but it kinda grew on me. Psycho too

Dove Cameron needs to try something else, this edgy Billie Eilish knock off aesthetic isn't working for her. Breakfast was a bit of a bop but the other two have been terrible.

Honestly kinda forgot about the kick. Was cute for about a week but ultimately forgettable.

Yeah Muni only deserves HM for that tragic repackage instead of a new album.

amazing graphics :clap3: Remi's album last year was cute enough, loved Flo's ep and was obsessed with Hypnos :jonny5: 

LOL isn't great but it kinda grew, agree with the other songs :lakitu: I kinda liked Pink Venom at first but it aged like milk and only the chorus is decent

Tove deserved more than a mention :monkey: The Kick and About Last Night were cute, I can see why they missed the list tho

I actually like Bad Idea and Unholy. (Although with the latter the 7 Rings mashup makes it better)

@ Worst I'm a Pink Venom apologist but I can't stand them lol, and LOL is kinda a bop even if it's just a wannabe version of IDGAF. The rest is so true especially Harry :barf:

Cute honorably mentions especially Foxes and Mabel, the latter grew on me a ton

With this new update I can’t see any of the graphics welp :redface:

But I see people saying Pink Venom & Dove Cameron made the Worst of List as they should:clap3: 

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

I see The Lead in the top spot where they need to be. I like Jenevieve but I haven't gotten to her EP yet but will check her out. Division was great. I don't think I bothered with she/her/***** but I'm still anticipating her debut

You tried Harry there.

Muni's debut was a letdown considering she had some catchy singles.

I can't at Anne-Marie serving some great bops on Therapy and now returns with this sh!te Psycho :deadbanana2: unlistenable mess

nawt As It Was :'( I know it's overplayed, but it's such a chill jam

Noah on HMs :jonny5: she truly served with her debut :alexz: 

Mabel :clap3:  awful singles mostly, but album is freaking amazing

Your graphics :heart: Especially for the EPs list!

FLO + Remi, the talentry!! Yeah Remi was one of my favorite discoveries when I found out about her in 2020 :smitten:
Daya's EP was nice, although I prefer The Difference (2021). I've heard a few Doechii songs but I skipped the EP because I was so annoyed at how short the songs were. :skull: THE LEAD yuppppp amazing choice for #1! They absolutely killed it with their first project.

Worst~ I enjoy Kim (to an extent) but I'm not mad at either of these songs being here. Unholy is fine but both of them have done WAY better. As It Was shouldn't be here but at the same time, I get it. The song was inescapable. :rip: || Best HMs~ Dirt Femme and especially The Kick missing out :noparty: Love them both

9 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

With this new update I can’t see any of the graphics welp :redface:

But I see people saying Pink Venom & Dove Cameron made the Worst of List as they should:clap3: 

can you see them now?

let me type them out for u

Worst Songs of the Year (no order)
As It Was - Harry Styles

Unholy - Sam Smith, Kim Petras

Psycho - Anne-Marie, Aitch

fmk - GAYLE, blackbear

Bad Idea - Dove Cameron

They Wanna F**k - Kim Petras

LOL - Mabel

Pink Venom - BLACKPINK

Honourable Mentions (no order)

Public Displays of Affection: The Album - Muni Long

About Last Night... - Mabel

The Hardest Part - Noah Cyrus

You Still Here Ho? - Flo Milli

The Kick - Foxes

Dirt Femme - Tove Lo

YESSIE - Jessie Reyez

Wasteland - Brent Faiyaz

Ravyn & FLO are also my favorite discovery this year too. Like their music is soo good and since both of them are new, i'm excited to see what they're going now :jonnycat:

Away Message & The Lead acclaim :clap3:

8 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

can you see them now?

let me type them out for u

Worst Songs of the Year (no order)
As It Was - Harry Styles

Unholy - Sam Smith, Kim Petras

Psycho - Anne-Marie, Aitch

fmk - GAYLE, blackbear

Bad Idea - Dove Cameron

They Wanna F**k - Kim Petras

LOL - Mabel

Pink Venom - BLACKPINK

I can finally see now

All of these besides for AIW & Unholy are great picks :jonnycat:

now for what we've all been waiting for...

Top 7 Beyond Disappointments

zTDMRa4.png

g00ZcCO.png

HLLQMni.png

jlUSwYj.png

327Re85.png

bv5Iqkc.png

Vr9N2yW.png

On 12/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Allday said:

LOL I love but I agree with the rest lol 

On 12/10/2022 at 1:30 PM, theblackestday said:

You're kinda eating with these graphics

Two Kim Petras entries for woty :clap3: not many can achieve this

thank you! :heart:

and lol.

On 12/10/2022 at 1:49 PM, Insanity said:

LOL and AIW are far from worst but cute graphics

Anything from **** Pop belongs tho

they're both terraboo from each respective artist and they can do so much better. a cheap copout.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, dreamofyou said:

agree with most of these, even though i can't stand harry, AIW is a bop:deadbanana:

not the hardest part being an HM:deadbanana: but mabel deserves that HM

the hardest part is good but it's too short to be substantial idk 

On 12/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, cockatoo said:

**** Pop may actually be one of the worst projects I've ever heard. Not sure what on Earth she was thinking.

LOL is a stupid song, but it kinda grew on me. Psycho too

Dove Cameron needs to try something else, this edgy Billie Eilish knock off aesthetic isn't working for her. Breakfast was a bit of a bop but the other two have been terrible.

bloop. Psycho remains trash though

23 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

amazing graphics :clap3: Remi's album last year was cute enough, loved Flo's ep and was obsessed with Hypnos :jonny5: 

LOL isn't great but it kinda grew, agree with the other songs :lakitu: I kinda liked Pink Venom at first but it aged like milk and only the chorus is decent

Tove deserved more than a mention :monkey: The Kick and About Last Night were cute, I can see why they missed the list tho

thank you. I loveee Remi's album it's so solid, stan Hypnos!

Dirt Femme is hit or miss for me but she was great live. 

22 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I actually like Bad Idea and Unholy. (Although with the latter the 7 Rings mashup makes it better)

I can see the appeal but it's not for me 

19 hours ago, Sanguine said:

@ Worst I'm a Pink Venom apologist but I can't stand them lol, and LOL is kinda a bop even if it's just a wannabe version of IDGAF. The rest is so true especially Harry :barf:

Cute honorably mentions especially Foxes and Mabel, the latter grew on me a ton

i thought LOL was a blatant rehash of Don't Call Me Up :deadbanana4:

16 hours ago, MP2K said:

I see The Lead in the top spot where they need to be. I like Jenevieve but I haven't gotten to her EP yet but will check her out. Division was great. I don't think I bothered with she/her/***** but I'm still anticipating her debut

You tried Harry there.

Muni's debut was a letdown considering she had some catchy singles.

you should check out Doechii's EP it's good! and yeah I really expected better from Muni ...

13 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I can't at Anne-Marie serving some great bops on Therapy and now returns with this sh!te Psycho :deadbanana2: unlistenable mess

nawt As It Was :'( I know it's overplayed, but it's such a chill jam

Noah on HMs :jonny5: she truly served with her debut :alexz: 

Mabel :clap3:  awful singles mostly, but album is freaking amazing

spill with Mabel and Noah. Anne-marie... has always been a joke in my eyes :redface:

10 hours ago, Remmy said:

Your graphics :heart: Especially for the EPs list!

FLO + Remi, the talentry!! Yeah Remi was one of my favorite discoveries when I found out about her in 2020 :smitten:
Daya's EP was nice, although I prefer The Difference (2021). I've heard a few Doechii songs but I skipped the EP because I was so annoyed at how short the songs were. :skull: THE LEAD yuppppp amazing choice for #1! They absolutely killed it with their first project.

Worst~ I enjoy Kim (to an extent) but I'm not mad at either of these songs being here. Unholy is fine but both of them have done WAY better. As It Was shouldn't be here but at the same time, I get it. The song was inescapable. :rip: || Best HMs~ Dirt Femme and especially The Kick missing out :noparty: Love them both

Thank you! :heart:

You think The Difference is better than the latest EP? I think this new one is so strong it beats it tbh. :omg: 

Also Doechii's EP is good but it's essentially a precursor to her album (which I can't wait for). Stan FLO and Remi yasss.

4 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Ravyn & FLO are also my favorite discovery this year too. Like their music is soo good and since both of them are new, i'm excited to see what they're going now :jonnycat:

Away Message & The Lead acclaim :clap3:

exactly :clap3:

-

shocked at all the harry apologists in here though, I guess i'm the only one who thinks As It Was is mediocre retail-store background music that was overplayed to deathhh  :deadbanana4:

Rico really fell off omg :deadbanana2:

Yeah I was so disappointed with heart on my sleeve, I really liked her debut and her EPs. She needs to stick with bops. I get she was probably trying to be an artiste but it came across as painfully generic.

Hold The Girl is a little disappointment from Sawayama but oh well  

the rest I haven't heard 

You're not right for the Nymph slander omgggg amazing album ('m a huge huge fan of her so I'm a bit biased tho) but at least Heaven is in highlights :heart2: I liked Las Ruinas too even though it did have a few duds, she really can't make a consistent project. Thirdly, I was able to stockholm myself into loving Hold the Girl :fan:

Now the OTHERS... yeah. Lights bad, Banks really bad + embarrassing, Ella and Baby Tate bleh

Hold The Girl & Ella are the only ones I know on this update. HTG had some good tracks tbh

Ella was a huge disappointment because I loved her debut so much :rip:

Edited by TalkThatRihanna

Banks lashings is a bit too much :skull: yeah, it's her weakest record, but she still can do some artsy bops

HTG is suprisingly... not good :skull: I can't at her serving some amazing bawps and then releasing mediocre albums

PEP grows on me over the year tbh :-* I love her aesthetics so so much 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.