Croatia Will Join Schengen in 2023 / ???? Not Joining

greeneyedsoul

There's still an ongoing discussion about Romania and Bulgaria. It appears that Austria will veto their accession.--> vetoed by Austria and the Netherlands 

Edited by greeneyedsoul

The accession of Romania and Bulgaria to the Schengen Area has been vetoed by Austria and the Netherlands. 

Only if Croatia wins against Brazil pls. 

Apparently Germany and Luxemburg threatened to block Croatia if Austria was to veto Bulgaria and Romania. 

Edited by greeneyedsoul

Racism and xenophobia.

Dutch people view us as second class people. Just no comment. I hope we start vetoing and blocking everything à la Hungary and Poland until those privileged Westerners start taking us seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

I hope we start vetoing and blocking everything à la Hungary and Poland until those privileged Westerners start taking us seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Racism and xenophobia.

:ducky:

But I agree about the Netherlands tho

It's funny seeing North Macedonia, Albania, Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova pushing for EU-membership when in reality they'd be getting the exact same treatment. 

Bulgaria and Romania have long fulfiled the criteria for accession. Even The Coucil of Europe and Ursula agrees. The reasonings cited by the Netherlands for their block for Bulgaria are just absurd. A lot of countries in Europe have problems with corruption, why are they not held accountable? NL's PM citing high crime levels in Romania and Bulgaria is very much giving pot called the kettle black - crime level is higher in the NL. And can we talk about how pretty much all of Europe's illegal drugs enter through the Netherlands? 

I seriously wonder about the origin of this narrative that frame Bulgarians and Romanians as the boogeyman in the Netherlands. As a Bulgarian, I've been living here for 3 years now and no other nationalities get the same treatment as we do. It's nothing more than just pure hatred, masquerade by the Netherlands perfect PR that brands the nation as this utopia that's welcoming of every person from every background. That is a deceptive lie.

This is just enraging me so much right now. "European family" my ass.

1 minute ago, the70s said:

:ducky:

But I agree about the Netherlands tho

I mean it as a sign of protest.

I think you're smart enough to know that I wouldn't support Orban or Duda, and their respective governments.

Hate that you only have 3 months max to stay as a visitor in these counties as a whole.

it's another stupid populist move by our shitty government so they can pretend that they're doing something against immigration :rip: not surprised but still disappointed 

Welcome Croatia, the other two will join as well sooner or later.

Netherlands' reasoning is so dumb

surprised they even blocked Romania?! :toofunny3:

there are definitely hidden reasonings for blocking BG and RO

23 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

It's funny seeing North Macedonia, Albania, Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova pushing for EU-membership when in reality they'd be getting the exact same treatment. 

That terrible treatment of getting billions in development money each year, along with the benefits of free trade, economic prosperity, fiscal stability :rip:

You realize you can criticize Austrias and Netherlands (stupid) decision without resorting to populist talking points and your own brand of xenophobia?

25 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Hate that you only have 3 months max to stay as a visitor in these counties as a whole.

Wdym you can’t be tourist for a full year pus it’s perfectly logical :rip:

Tbh I am not very happy about adding new countries to the EU. I guess the UKs dodged a bullet. 

2 minutes ago, ugo said:

Wdym you can’t be tourist for a full year pus it’s perfectly logical :rip:

Tbh I am not very happy about adding new countries to the EU. I guess the UKs dodged a bullet. 

I travel 4-6 months at a time 

5 minutes ago, Dephira said:

That terrible treatment of getting billions in development money each year, along with the benefits of free trade, economic prosperity, fiscal stability :rip:

You realize you can criticize Austrias and Netherlands (stupid) decision without resorting to populist talking points and your own brand of xenophobia?

Please, what makes you think I'm in any way "xenophobic" to the countries that I had listed? Do you even know my opinion on this? Because I hope we'd see these countries in the union in the future. My point was that these countries would be treated the same was Bulgaria and Romania get treated. Look at Georgia for example, they're very pro-EU oriented but will ultimately have their ambitions crushed. Those Western EU countries simply do not care about places like Albania, Moldova, etc. 

Now, if you want to talk about that, let's talk about the fact that pretty much no EP MP would actually want them in. It's all just PR in my opinion. 

Edited by Pendulum

15 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Netherlands' reasoning is so dumb

surprised they even blocked Romania?! :toofunny3:

there are definitely hidden reasonings for blocking BG and RO

Croatia had a separete bid. Romania and Bulgaria were grouped together as initially only Croatia's accession was to be discussed today. 

Reading reports, Romania would have probably been also green-lit. 

In that case there would have been another problem since the Romania-Bulgaria was never planned to be a Schengen/non-Schengen border on its own. :sad:

Edited by greeneyedsoul

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I travel 4-6 months at a time 

You can always apply for extension if you have a good reason. But in HK I used to have to take a ferry to China/Macau just to get a renewal. 

14 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Please, what makes you think I'm in any way "xenophobic" to the countries that I had listed... Those Western EU countries simply do not care about places like Albania, Moldova, etc. 

59 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

I hope we start vetoing and blocking everything à la Hungary and Poland until those privileged Westerners start taking us seriously. 

Cool, hope you succeed in installing an Orban style dictator in order to own those Western libs 

Edited by Dephira

7 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Cool

Blocking legislations by the EP, not the accession of new countries. I don't think Hungary or Poland oppose any possible enlargement. 

What do you suggest we do then? Let ourselves be trampled?

And Bulgaria currently barring North Macedonia is a different thing.

Edited by Pendulum
word choice

Congrats to Croatia.
As for BG and RO you know what, I'm just gonna keep it cute. We were so lucky in Baltics with Western Europe accepting us everywhere as soon as possible, looks like some other countries don't have this kind of privilege. I'm sure they will join in few years too, though.

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

Bulgaria and Romania have long fulfiled the criteria for accession. Even The Coucil of Europe and Ursula agrees. The reasonings cited by the Netherlands for their block for Bulgaria are just absurd. A lot of countries in Europe have problems with corruption, why are they not held accountable? NL's PM citing high crime levels in Romania and Bulgaria is very much giving pot called the kettle black - crime level is higher in the NL. And can we talk about how pretty much all of Europe's illegal drugs enter through the Netherlands? 

I seriously wonder about the origin of this narrative that frame Bulgarians and Romanians as the boogeyman in the Netherlands. As a Bulgarian, I've been living here for 3 years now and no other nationalities get the same treatment as we do. It's nothing more than just pure hatred, masquerade by the Netherlands perfect PR that brands the nation as this utopia that's welcoming of every person from every background. That is a deceptive lie.

This is just enraging me so much right now. "European family" my ass.

I mean it as a sign of protest.

I think you're smart enough to know that I wouldn't support Orban or Duda, and their respective governments.

I don’t disagrih with the fact that it’s stupid reasoning, esp considering access could only help the countries.. but what you said about crime is simply not true at all :rip:

2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

:clap3:

come visit me @Bloodflowers.

You know what? Portugal will be on my Nelly Furtado - Bucket List.mp4

36 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Welcome @Bloodflowers.'s Croatia :clap3:

Thank you :heart: now I need money so I can travel inside EU :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.