Lana Del Rey - 'Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd'

RideOrDie

4 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Metacritic is funny tho, 3 80's and 3 70's as of now but the metascore is 79 when it should be 75 :rip:

I know some publications weigh more than others but how much do they weigh that 3 70's only bring the score one point down? 

Obviously in they weigh pretty heavy so that piss poor publications can't do much damage 

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

3 minutes ago, nasa said:

just another folk song but hey

i try so hard but that's okay

200.gif

best song of all time

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

people are leaving the listening party. we’re in the middle of JB interlude :bird:

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bdnene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bdnene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

WOW the amazon vinyl it's violet not pink WHAT A SCAM 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952piujh4ebbzu27bjnz1

28 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I wonder if higher scores in the 80s to 90s range weight more than like 60s and 70s, because 60s and 70s are very much right in the middle, neither good or bad, just average. But 80+ is very positive and then like 50s and lower maybe weigh more too because if someone’s giving a score that low, it’s likely significant 

I have been thinking about this as the possible way of calculating the metascore and in that way, it makes sense because otherwise we would have too many albums in the 65-79 range and that doesn't say much and it's a bit boring

30 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

people are leaving the listening party. we’re in the middle of JB interlude :bird:

critical and commercial failure

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

Spoiler

joking, Pitchfork will come through with a 9.9 an save the era

Consequence score is 75 (less than Chemtrails), already counted on Metacritic 

Divisive princess album

If everybody likes it, maybe it's not that good 

spacer.png

Just now, VeniceBeach said:

I read it as a 75, too. So yeah 

1 minute ago, VeniceBeach said:

Link? 

1 minute ago, VeniceBeach said:

Is it up?

1 minute ago, Poete said:

It’s over :rip:

She's still at 79

Just now, ontherocks said:

She's still at 79

So, maybe the mojo review will bring it to 80

So, maybe the mojo review will bring it to 80

No clue, but she needs some higher scores, too. I understand why it not raining 90's and 100's, but at least one would be nice 

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

No clue, but she needs some higher scores, too. I understand why it not raining 90's and 100's, but at least one would be nice 

Pitchfork will come through 

Pitchfork will come through 

Doubt it 

Oh plz, this album not being a critical triumph is a good sign in my eyes. My favorite album by her is UV and we all know how lukewarm or harsh the reviews were around that one.

Lana having the critics a bit unsettled and confused means she’s not playing it safe like she did on her past two albums. She’s pushing boundaries again. The critical acclaim for BB and COCC was solely because critics are simpletons and because those albums didn’t stray far from the sonic elements of NFR, the critics figured “well, damn! We can’t praise NFR and not these”. Now, she’s not giving them exactly what they want, so they don’t know how to compute.

We all know that in 10 years, critics will give this album its retrospective praise and Lana will once again be deemed an innovator for it. It’s the same **** all the time. Lana is a pioneer and a true artist, so she’s not gonna be continuously met with approval. Other critically acclaimed artists who play it safe and purposely cater to critic approval just can’t relate. If You Say So Shrug GIF

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

We all know that in 10 years, critics will give this album its retrospective praise and Lana will once again be deemed an innovator for it. It’s the same **** all the time. Lana is a pioneer and a true artist, so she’s not gonna be continuously met with approval. Other critically acclaimed artists who play it safe and purposely cater to critic approval just can’t relate. 

:clap3:

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Oh plz, this album not being a critical triumph is a good sign in my eyes. My favorite album by her is UV and we all know how lukewarm or harsh the reviews were around that one.

Lana having the critics a bit unsettled and confused means she’s not playing it safe like she did on her past two albums. She’s pushing boundaries again. The critical acclaim for BB and COCC was solely because critics are simpletons and because those albums didn’t stray far from the sonic elements of NFR, the critics figured “well, damn! We can’t praise NFR and not these”. Now, she’s not giving them exactly what they want, so they don’t know how to compute.

We all know that in 10 years, critics will give this album its retrospective praise and Lana will once again be deemed an innovator for it. It’s the same **** all the time. Lana is a pioneer and a true artist, so she’s not gonna be continuously met with approval. Other critically acclaimed artists who play it safe and purposely cater to critic approval just can’t relate. If You Say So Shrug GIF

So true! Norman is her most watered down and palatable album. Ocean Blvd takes risks and isn't for everyone but those who get it, get it!