• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

Just now, nasa said:

Kintsugi has entered my Top 3 :clap:

As it should. that song it's pure sad magic 

Extended interview from the Rolling Stone UK interviewer's substack:

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

Born To Die was so long ago now but can you remember what was it that you set out to do with that album?

Well: nothing. Because I’d had an album out before and it was shelved for two years by this mini label I was on in… I wanna say 2007. But it did come out for three months and was shelved again. It was in the era of when labels had a small artist and they wanted to upstream them, to sell them to Sony. It was a phase. But nothing ever happened. And then I met Ben [Mawson, her manager] and I moved to London with him and I was just writing with everyone, which I didn’t actually know was a thing. You could go everyday to a different producer. So when I finally went to 130 producers – not a joke – I met Justin Parker and he just played chords and I would just sing. And from that point on, that was how I generally worked.

Her response still holds up one decade later:

The fact that we've heard basically all the demos she did with those 130 producers :gaycat6:

45 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

They were good back then and they’re still good now. Timeless tunes. :foxaylove3:

I’m curious to see how these songs will stand the test of time, after the novelty wears off I’m afraid it won’t look like the “career peak” y’all are painting it as. :cold1: 

Absolutely nothing wrong with preferring her previous work. The direction she’s going in just isn’t doing it for me anymore and that’s ok 

Oh yeah, they do. Going with your gut is so important. It’s very inconvenient [to others] to go with your gut. But I see more and more people doing it. Even onstage with what people say, like [wistful, dreamy]: ‘I’m so glad I get to express my truth’. Oh, interesting. A little less planned and phased. Everyone seems like they’re trying to express themselves. For me, I’m a little past that point. Now I’m just sort of writing. Just writing now. Ultraviolence I was still [thespian voice] expressing myself. And that felt fun. 

Edited by NOW

Also I got an email from Universal Italia saying they will ship the vinyl next week due to avoid leaks 

60YTCGv.gif

Any news on the listening parties?

Does anyone know how to join them in London?

15 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

Any news on the listening parties?

Does anyone know how to join them in London?

Did you check the global listening event link on her website? 

2 minutes ago, selfmadelatino said:

Did you check the global listening event link on her website? 

it takes you to the venue site and there's nothing on them about how to sign up :rip:

2 hours ago, beautiful player said:

They were good back then and they’re still good now. Timeless tunes. :foxaylove3:

I’m curious to see how these songs will stand the test of time, after the novelty wears off I’m afraid it won’t look like the “career peak” y’all are painting it as. :cold1: 

Absolutely nothing wrong with preferring her previous work. The direction she’s going in just isn’t doing it for me anymore and that’s ok 

I agree. The piano act is getting a bit repititive. I need a change of direction now but don’t think it’s happening :gaycat7:

Still love the album though (it has like 5 skips including the interludes) 

Edited by airplane

I can understand why many find the Judah Smith interlude unpleasant but in what world is the Jon Batiste interlude anything but wonderful? It's one of my favorite moments on the whole album. That thundering piano sends shivers down my spine every single time and the background voices and Lana's occasional singing create such a lively and beautiful scenery in my head. It's like a rush of pure joy and human emotion, so far I have never skipped it. On the contrary, I've had it on repeat several times.

I still can't rank the songs and ask me about that in a year and it will probably still change, but I think that A&W will remain my favourite song. The "first part" is so intense, it literally puts everybody else to shame 

Lana Del Rey’s ninth studio album, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, is an exercise in opposites. It’s intimate but expansive, exploratory but familiar, lush but spacious.

The New York-bork singer-songwriter enlists an all-star cast of collaborators to deliver a blockbuster once again. From the opening moments of “The Grants,” the record brings listeners in, allowing us to be a fly on the wall to this 16-track set.

https://riffmagazine.com/album-reviews/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/

9/10 from Riff Magazine. I don't think they count on AOTY or MC but their year-end albums list is factored into AOTY. They gave BB 8/10.

Edited by NOW

17 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I still can't rank the songs and ask me about that in a year and it will probably still change, but I think that A&W will remain my favourite song. The "first part" is so intense, it literally puts everybody else to shame 

Kintsugi is watching you

4 minutes ago, NOW said:

https://riffmagazine.com/album-reviews/lana-del-rey-did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/

9/10 from Riff Magazine. I don't think they count on AOTY or MC but their year-end albums list is factored into AOTY. They gave BB 8/10.

First American review, we need the rest :giraffe:

3 minutes ago, NOW said:

Oh this american slay. Polydor method of embargo and reviewing is revolting to me. It actively stops the critics from engaging with the piece

2 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh this american slay. Polydor method of embargo and reviewing is revolting to me. It actively stops the critics from engaging with the piece

They better not engage too much with Taco, Pepper and Grandfather :giraffe:

2 hours ago, beautiful player said:

Don't let them get to you sis, I'm with you. Lana is my most played artist of all time but she's just not the same anymore. Sad but true

2 minutes ago, wish said:

This is fake, right? :redface:

No. Why should it be fake? Something bad about it?

2 minutes ago, NOW said:

BBC is promoting a LDR Artist Icon series for her right now. It includes a playlist by Oli, one of the vloggers she met at the BB Women in Music Awards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/curation:p0bw89vz/p0f8vyfc

I spot a new (old) promo pic from her 2019 Live Lounge:

p0f9f155.jpg

a playlist full of btd songs... imagine how tired we are