• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

15 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

Right, I think Lana locking them in a basement with one listen only proved to be beneficial :rip: when TikTok finds that line it's over though

Nnnn if anything I feel like they'll meme it to death :deadbanana2: I remember when Idris Elba's wife got COVID after he got it when the pandemic first hit, people were joking about how they'd get it too if they were married to him. Plus (for better or worse) people are a little more relaxed talking about it. The only people that'll drag her are the people that would've already dragged her regardless of what she actually said. 

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

I said one of

CottageHore

Well plz elaborate, I’m intrigued spacer.png

2 minutes ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

Nnnn if anything I feel like they'll meme it to death :deadbanana2: I remember when Idris Elba's wife got COVID after he got it when the pandemic first hit, people were joking about how they'd get it too if they were married to him. Plus (for better or worse) people are a little more relaxed talking about it. The only people that'll drag her are the people that would've already dragged her regardless of what she actually said. 

Oh I meant when TikTok finds the "regrettably a white woman" line in Grandfather, the critics are dragging the Peppers line rn :devil:

Cute album but unfortunately a confirmation that I've outgrown my formerly fave artist.

Her golden era has truly passed.

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Paradise
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Born To Die
  6. Norman ******* Rockwell
  7. Ocean Blvd
  8. Chemtrails
  9. Blue Banisters

They'll say it's giving pick me :thing:

Spoiler

But I have good intentions, even if I'm one of the last ones

2 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

Cute album but unfortunately a confirmation that I've outgrown my formerly fave artist.

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Paradise
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Born To Die
  7. Ocean Blvd
  8. Chemtrails
  9. Blue Banisters

if you're still streaming UV, LFL and Paradise you have absolutely not outgrown Lana, you've been left in the dust :toofunny3:

Just now, GentleDance said:

if you're still streaming UV, LFL and Paradise you have absolutely not outgrown Lana, you've been left in the dust :toofunny3:

Ate them up :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Paradise
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Born To Die
  7. Ocean Blvd
  8. Chemtrails
  9. Blue Banisters

throw-up-fight.gif

5 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Paradise
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Born To Die
  7. Ocean Blvd
  8. Chemtrails
  9. Blue Banisters

I think she's outgrown you :coffee2:

Just now, GentleDance said:

They were good back then and they’re still good now. Timeless tunes. :foxaylove3:

I’m curious to see how these songs will stand the test of time, after the novelty wears off I’m afraid it won’t look like the “career peak” y’all are painting it as. :cold1: 

Absolutely nothing wrong with preferring her previous work. The direction she’s going in just isn’t doing it for me anymore and that’s ok 

3 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

How come Metacritic still hasn't updated the album's score

What should it be updating to? Is it gonna rise?

5 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

How come Metacritic still hasn't updated the album's score

There haven't been any reviews since Sunday.

Just now, CottageHore said:

What should it be updating to? Is it gonna rise?

a couple more of 80 and a few 70. Depending on the weight MC gives to one publication or another, it should increase the grade (or bring it down). Case in point, 3 (70) reviews and 3 (80) reviews but the score is 79 rather than 7.5

So looks like NFR ended with 17 reviews at 80 or less, 7 of which gave her a 60 to a 70.

When will the 90s and 100s start rolling in for this album of the decade???? Calm Down Tiffany Pollard GIF

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

There haven't been any reviews since Sunday.

Idk i feel there have been more than just 6 reviews and a few outlets that Metacritic does take into consideration

4 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

a couple more of 80 and a few 70. Depending on the weight MC gives to one publication or another, it should increase the grade (or bring it down). Case in point, 3 (70) reviews and 3 (80) reviews but the score is 79 rather than 7.5

Reviews don't weigh the same. An 80 by The Guardian weighs heavier on your MC score than a 70 from The Clash. 

Can't believe we have to go through this every album cycle :laugh:

13 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

They were good back then and they’re still good now. Timeless tunes. :foxaylove3:

I’m curious to see how these songs will stand the test of time, after the novelty wears off I’m afraid it won’t look like the “career peak” y’all are painting it as. :cold1: 

Absolutely nothing wrong with preferring her previous work. The direction she’s going in just isn’t doing it for me anymore and that’s ok 

+1

unfortunately lana stans love to live inside an echo chamber

anyway the only two songs i keep coming back to are Peppers and Taco Truck, unfortunately every other song is average at best to me

4 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

I say let's come up with excuses in case this is panned :thing:

Interludes you're bones!

16 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

NFR was her career peak and its music has absolutely stood the test of time :bird: