• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

Am I the only person sad we'll probably never get Behind the Iron Gates based on that interview and who actually liked Violet... ? :gaycat6:

OT: Let the light in still hasn't grown on me, I kind of hate the melody but IDM FJM's voice with hers at least.

Are there any bigger instrumental breaks on this album (excluding the dreaded two interlewds). Like is there space for the songs to breathe, maybe a guitar solo or just a break from singing with just instruments and vocalization? I love and need more proper outros and intros from Lana (aka Venice *****, MAC, and Shades) :jonny6:

1 minute ago, CottageHore said:

Are there any bigger instrumental breaks on this album (excluding the dreaded two interlewds). Like is there space for the songs to breathe, maybe a guitar solo or just a break from singing with just instruments and vocalization? I love and need more proper outros and intros from Lana (aka Venice *****, MAC, and Shades) :jonny6:

Let the Light In has a gorgeous orchestral instrumental outro 

5 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

taco truck x vb has somewhat of an instrumental break in the middle as it transitions from the first part to the reworked vb part of it:gaycat3:

Rolling Stone US, 2/5 stars (40/100)

Lana Del Rey review, Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Disappointing, detached and sun-bleached of melody

The American musician was dubbed ‘the future of music’ by Taylor Swift. But on her ninth album, she swaps her directness for tuneless detachment

Edited by VeniceBeach

5 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Lana Del Rey review, Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: Disappointing, detached and sun-bleached of melody

The American musician was dubbed ‘the future of music’ by Taylor Swift. But on her ninth album, she swaps her directness for tuneless detachment

Hide contents

:chick3:

Link?

EDIT : It's a SP review, trust you will be dealt with

Edited by GentleDance

7 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Hide contents

it's not on their website what is the truth :katie:

EDIT: nvm lol

Edited by Bartender

6 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Hide contents

A lanaboards member wrote this. The random deference to Taylor Swift as arbiter of "the future of music" :rip: Any reviewer calling music like this "Tuneless" discredits themselves.

Lorde review, Solar Power: Disappointing, detached and sun-bleached of melody

The New Zealand musician was dubbed ‘the future of music’ by David Bowie. But on her third album, she swaps her directness for tuneless detachment

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/lorde-review-solar-power-b1904612.html

1 minute ago, GentleDance said:

The New Zealand musician was dubbed ‘the future of music’ by David Bowie. But on her third album, she swaps her directness for tuneless detachment

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/lorde-review-solar-power-b1904612.html

Screaming

(poor Lorde fans must've been going THROUGH it for SP, damn)

OT: Fishtail, Sweet most underrated tracks?

12 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Hide contents

The way my heart dropped :rip:

2 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Why is it in a Lana Del Rey thread? Delete :katie:

I can’t with the switch up :redface: when Fingertips leaked, everyone who listened to the leak was lauding it, calling it a career highlight and now everybody is saying it’s a clunker and impossible to get through, even Lana herself :jonny2:

This just tells me that once everybody hears every other song on the album, they realized every other song is EVEN better. Downsides of being this consistent, I fear! Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

3 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I can’t with the switch up :redface: when Fingertips leaked, everyone who listened to the leak was lauding it, calling it a career highlight and now everybody is saying it’s a clunker and impossible to get through, even Lana herself :jonny2:

Where's the everybody you speak of? All I see is praise with maybe one deaf user panning

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

This just tells me that once everybody hears every other song on the album, they realized every other song is EVEN better. Downsides of being this consistent, I fear! Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

It's one of her best songs idgaf. What I took from what she said is that it's not a track that will be a crazy hit smash. Which is obvious. It was necessary for her to make and it paid off :heart2: 

7 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Fingertips is very beautiful and moving and one of her best songs in my opinion, but if you prefer something with structure - verse, pre, chorus, bridge, etc. then it would be a turn off. I could also see it being criticized as being kind of self-indulgent but tbh some of the best music is like that to me so...

It's like a line of her poetry meets a voice note with beautiful accompaniment. It really makes you listen to the words the way its arranged too, so if you're not the type to listen really attentively it might come across like a bunch of words with little motion.

Edited by Prince Tommy

10 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Where's the everybody you speak of? All I see is praise with maybe one deaf user panning

spacer.png

I was lurking Analboards, perhaps it skewed my cognition 

10 minutes ago, Prince Tommy said:

Fingertips is very beautiful and moving and one of her best songs in my opinion, but if you prefer something with structure - verse, pre, chorus, bridge, etc. then it would be a turn off. I could also see it being criticized as being kind of self-indulgent but tbh some of the best music is like that to me so...

It's like a line of her poetry meets a voice note with beautiful accompaniment. It really makes you listen to the words the way its arranged too, so if you're not the type to listen really attentively it might come across like a bunch of words with little motion.

12 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

It's one of her best songs idgaf. What I took from what she said is that it's not a track that will be a crazy hit smash. Which is obvious. It was necessary for her to make and it paid off :heart2: 

This sounds perfect. I love when her music stops me in my tracks and demands my attention. Perks of not being a simpleton, I suppose! Tears Crying GIF

you guys are reading into her words way too much. she probably said ”good” song in the sense of it not being a song of structure, or a song with any melodic drive or hook. not that it’s a bad song. she’d never intentionally  put out a bad song, especially not on a record like this which seems to be VERY personal to her. 

the part before she said it’s not a good song she also said Fingertips is probably her least favourite song to be asked to talk about, which obviously means she finds it too personal to explain and that the meaning of the song and its purpose is just that; it says what it says and there’s nothing more to it. it’s not a banger. it’s just a song she wrote

:bird:

Edited by helpthomas

32 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Fingertips is the best song on the album, IMO

she also said white dress isn't that good 

she's saying that in a conventional sense that it's raw and unpolished 

1 hour ago, CottageHore said:

yes VENICE ***** remix :snowman:. There's like a one minute instrumental break connecting TACO Bell and VENICE ***** REMIX kdjfdal;kj together

Edited by Kh-Loud

My top 3 would be 

1. A&W 

2. SWEET :snowman::snowman::snowman:Everything from the second verse onward is literal the best thing she has ever done TO ME. it reminds me of my one and only real love, my college roommate, my bestfriend, my **** buddy, the person who i always go for emotional support, the ying to my yang :)

(do you want children, do you want to marry me, do you want to run maraton

on long beach by the sea

i got things to do, like nothing else i want to do them with you

do you want to do them with me  :):jonnycat::wanda:)

3. The Grant/Let the lite in/Kungtufi (whatever that japanese word is )

Edited by Kh-Loud