Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

24 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

I have yet to see what people see in Fingertips and Grandfather :bird:

Three white butterflies to know you're neaaaar :jonny3: 

The replay value of this album is actually insane, I played Fingertips 30 times in a row and didn't get sick of it

46 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

I don't see enough praise for Paris Texas, hearing loss is truly a public health issue :redface:

It’s probably my favorite track 

this really needed some editing. has no reason to be longer than NFR

The way Grandfather... makes me want to get three white butterflies tattooed on my back she really did that :jonny5:

She said it’s a wordy album and a wordy album is what we got. :worship: Kintsugi and Fingertips are pretty long, but if you have the patience to listen all the way through the pay off is there in the lyrical content. She’s brilliant. 

Fishtail, Taco Truck x VB and Paris, Texas :jonny6:

Fishtail haters are not seeing heaven I fear, the unexpected beat drop combined with the computerized vocals is one of the album's most breathtaking moments I said what I said

The random hate for Fishtail seems so forced, clean your ears!

not Lana saying Fingertips isn't a good song oh she's DEAD to me

• ATRL Moderator

she should’ve ended the album at let the light in. the rest feel like bonus tracks

Norman > Honeymoon > Ocean Blvd > Ultraviolence > Chemtrails > Blue Banisters > Lust For Life > Paradise > Born To Die

Me thinks :snowman:

1 minute ago, willmcclure9 said:

Norman > Honeymoon > Ocean Blvd > Ultraviolence > Chemtrails > Blue Banisters > Lust For Life > Paradise > Born To Die

Me thinks :snowman:

love that top 2 but Ocean deserves more :chick3:

how can yall play an album track so many times before it's actually released

i'm highkey jelly

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

When I started writing it was very esoteric, but the people I was writing with were really straight edge so it became more poppy. Then when I met Justin Parker I got to sink back into thinking about each day and the minutia [she says this slowly to a back-and-forth rhythm] swinging in the backyard / pull up in your fast car / whistling my name. Stuff that wasn’t esoteric but it was certainly more a ‘day in the life’ motif. And then now where I’m at, it’s just all the thoughts I’ve ever had in my head from the beginning that I can remember until now, like in a song called ‘Fingertips’. That would be my song that would be my least favourite song I’d ever want to talk about…

Where I’m at now, if I’m lucky enough to get the impulse where a song comes at all, it might be once a year, in its entirety, I’ll just sing it into my voice-notes and I’ll send it to Drew Erickson who’s an absolute living legend in Echo Park. He does the orchestration for Weyes Blood, Father John Misty, Jonathan Wilson, a couple of other people and he sent me back my own voice-note with all of my pauses and breaths taken out. Every now and then when that happens, you’ll think to yourself, ‘I got it.’ I got it!

‘Fingertips’ is not a good song or a big song but it definitely explains everything. I felt like that was important because everyone was always like [whispers] explain yourself. And I was like, ‘Okay, let me do this really quickly, I’ll tell you everything I’m thinking in two minutes in a seven minute song and just rip through it and edit it.’ That song kind of says it all. Between that song and ‘Wildflower Wildfire’ on Blue Banisters, you can get a lot [whispers and laughs] of everything. 

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

Well FingerTiips is kinda the worst song on the album along with those two Interludes; it has absolutely zero replay value. 

She knew putting that song on the album would get the album panned, but she didn't care :snowman:

Edited by Kh-Loud

5 minutes ago, KK_Lover said:

love that top 2 but Ocean deserves more :chick3:

Need to give it more time before i can properly rank it, but its slaying me :jonny2:

3 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

When I started writing it was very esoteric, but the people I was writing with were really straight edge so it became more poppy. Then when I met Justin Parker I got to sink back into thinking about each day and the minutia [she says this slowly to a back-and-forth rhythm] swinging in the backyard / pull up in your fast car / whistling my name. Stuff that wasn’t esoteric but it was certainly more a ‘day in the life’ motif. And then now where I’m at, it’s just all the thoughts I’ve ever had in my head from the beginning that I can remember until now, like in a song called ‘Fingertips’. That would be my song that would be my least favourite song I’d ever want to talk about…

Where I’m at now, if I’m lucky enough to get the impulse where a song comes at all, it might be once a year, in its entirety, I’ll just sing it into my voice-notes and I’ll send it to Drew Erickson who’s an absolute living legend in Echo Park. He does the orchestration for Weyes Blood, Father John Misty, Jonathan Wilson, a couple of other people and he sent me back my own voice-note with all of my pauses and breaths taken out. Every now and then when that happens, you’ll think to yourself, ‘I got it.’ I got it!

‘Fingertips’ is not a good song or a big song but it definitely explains everything. I felt like that was important because everyone was always like [whispers] explain yourself. And I was like, ‘Okay, let me do this really quickly, I’ll tell you everything I’m thinking in two minutes in a seven minute song and just rip through it and edit it.’ That song kind of says it all. Between that song and ‘Wildflower Wildfire’ on Blue Banisters, you can get a lot [whispers and laughs] of everything. 

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

She’s so - 

3 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Well FingerTiips is kinda the worst song on the album along with those two Interludes; it has absolutely zero replay value. 

She knew putting that song on the album will get the album panned, but she didn't care :snowman:

Panned? It's the most praised song on the album by critics so far besides margaret...booo tomato tomato :snowman:

Edited by HausOfGerard

17 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

I think I get that she means tho nnnn, she probably didn't write it for the same reason as the other songs. She said in that answer that it was to answer the notion of "explain yourself", so she probably views it as like a forced dissertation about herself so that people stop asking about stuff she doesn't wanna talk about :giraffe: I love the song, but I get why she wouldn't like it ddd

24 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

I think she's saying it's not a good song due to it's obscure structure and lack of hooks but it's excellent nonetheless

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

I think I get that she means tho nnnn, she probably didn't write it for the same reason as the other songs. She said in that answer that it was to answer the notion of "explain yourself", so she probably views it as like a forced dissertation about herself so that people stop asking about stuff she doesn't wanna talk about :giraffe: I love the song, but I get why she wouldn't like it ddd

oh totally, i'm just being dramatic nnn it's like my second favorite song on the album :swan: