Sweet
Taco Truck x VB
Margaret
Judah Smith interlude
Peppers
Fishtail
Jon Batiste interlude

• ATRL Moderator

I spent a couple of days thinking the bops ironically had the weakest melodies but now fishtail won't leave my head :hippo:

King Fantano liked The Grants. I am not surprised. He will hate on the last three tracks and the interludes though, at least the Pastor one. 

My ranking:

Let The Light In

Margaret

Candy Necklace

Taco Truck x VB

A&W

Fishtail

The Grants

Paris, Texas

Jon Batiste interlude

Peppers

Grandfather…

Did you know

Sweet

Fingertips

Kintsugi
Judah Smith interlude

To the Joanna talk, there is a classic-ness to the melodies on some songs like Kintsugi and Sweet that I could possibly hear miss Joanna singing on like HOOM, however the lyrics would be quite different :eli:

However, Kintsugi and honestly lots of little bits of the record have some powerful Joanna like sentiment (think Kingfisher, California, Emily, Time, as a Symptom of Love) in them:  (Realizing which relationships you have are permanent (family) or fleeting, the importance of song/singing/folk music, wanting to know who will be there with you in life, but also death and not letting those people ago.... and even a bit of how to escape the trap of love = time = death (think The Grants "I'm gonna take mine of you with me")). Chucky = Emily for sure as well.

Thematically this is Lana's most beautiful and poignant album by far :clap3:

Edited by Prince Tommy

14 hours ago, paradisedarkness said:

Interludes, sweet, title track and fingertips are skips

Albums ranking 

Born to Die

AKA

Did You Know

Sirens

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Blue Banisters 

Chemtrails 

Norman 

LFL

Paradise 

Edited by paradisedarkness

What do you think. Is she recording next album? Or will do 2-3 years pause?

9 minutes ago, paradisedarkness said:

Albums ranking 

Born to Die

AKA

Did You Know

Sirens

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Blue Banisters 

Chemtrails 

Norman 

LFL

Paradise 

what is this ranking :redface:

47 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

King Fantano liked The Grants. I am not surprised. He will hate on the last three tracks and the interludes though, at least the Pastor one. 

I smell a light 8 

I've always loved how clear it is that Lana just loves music and its legacy, so the little reveal on Kintsugi about how her now old and dying extended family has always been singing classics and folk songs and teaching their kids is really quite beautiful :chick3: It really kind of reframes so much of Lana/Lizzy Grant's origins, I think she mentioned it in that little rolling stone blurb too, about how what was escapism to her had come from someplace else.

Ugh this song won't let my wig go :jonny5:

Cannot believe we’re hours away from official release, we have an international event tomorrow, and all anyone wants to discuss is the opinions of strangers as if the MC score is going to remotely affect the relationship people form with this album. 

I love when artists go experimental and the results are good (even if it's a grower). That way the album womt age like milk. And seems like this album is that. I want to listen to it so bad.

Can another source l-word this. I tried to listen but it doesn't sound like it's HQ enough :jonny2:

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Can another source l-word this. I tried to listen but it doesn't sound like it's HQ enough :jonny2:

There’s like only a few more days for the official release…:rip:

22 minutes ago, sad girl said:

Taco Truck x VB is really hitting me rn..

Damn that's a solid track

I caved in and listened to it very quickly on some part. I CANNOT at her genius mind, what a throwback :jonnycat:

everything i’ve heard so far is so hauntingly beautiful this *****

20 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Cannot believe we’re hours away from official release, we have an international event tomorrow, and all anyone wants to discuss is the opinions of strangers as if the MC score is going to remotely affect the relationship people form with this album. 

But what do you want us to discuss that have not been discussed in the last 100 pages. It's a standard rollout conversation 

yEX7sc2.png

ask any person who makes music and they'll tell you there are no such thing as "productional flaws" just say you don't like a song and go, stop trying to make it seem like they are not up to your technical quality standards when you don't know what you are talking about. i guess he thinks he is a professional mixer now after he rearranged some stems and bounced those "uv demos"... 

Edited by RideOrDie

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

yEX7sc2.png

ask any person who makes music and they'll tell you there are no such thing as "productional flaws" just say you don't like a song and go, stop trying to make it seem like they are not up to your technical quality standards when you don't know what you are talking about. 

What is that and what is the context?

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

yEX7sc2.png

ask any person who makes music and they'll tell you there are no such thing as "productional flaws" just say you don't like a song and go, stop trying to make it seem like they are not up to your technical quality standards when you don't know what you are talking about. 

How are not people into her now? She's probably at the highest point of her career, popularity-wise, acclaim-wise, creative-wise also I'd say

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

What is that and what is the context?

i don't know the exact context, he deleted the tweets but he was just dragging the album :snowman:

Margaret is so good and honestly reminds me a bit of Taylor.