Lana Del Rey - 'Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd'

RideOrDie

For those of you who have heard the album, I haven’t yet, would you say it’s her most experimental album to date?

From the sonic, lyrical, and structural descriptions, I’m going into my first listen on Thursday night thinking this is gonna be the most odd first listen I’ve gotten from her. Would this be an accurate perspective? feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

2 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

For those of you who have heard the album, I haven’t yet, would you say it’s her most experimental album to date?

From the sonic, lyrical, and structural descriptions, I’m going into my first listen on Thursday night thinking this is gonna be the most odd first listen I’ve gotten from her. Would this be an accurate perspective? feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

100%. Like Nicki said, you’re not going to get it the first time you hear it

5 minutes ago, Pandora said:

100%. Like Nicki said, you’re not going to get it the first time you hear it

Just the way I like it, I fear. This truly will be replacing UV as my fave Lana album if the stars align, I fear Tears Crying GIF

11 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Yes, definitely her most experimental. Kintsugi sounds like a Leonard Cohen/Joanna Newsom track

12 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

Yes, definitely her most experimental. Kintsugi sounds like a Leonard Cohen/Joanna Newsom track

Stop I’m so excited oprah winfrey GIF

I haven’t heard it yet and I I know for a fact I will get it the first time I hear it.

:gaycat7:

55 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Absolutely 

just heard the last songs and wow what a beautiful album. the interludes are so??? and the x VB of the last song is so random :toofunny2: also it's so damn long. its def her most experimental and a grower imo 

200.gif

Edited by CBC

44 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

Read someone saying it was her Baby Birch the way i just fell to my knees

7 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

my jaw just drop if this is slightly true :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Price of Fame said:

i'm a huge joanna fan and i don't really hear it...definitely one of her most gorgeous tracks though it's true!

23 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

16 minutes ago, Price of Fame said:

Oh absolutely.

I love how these girls break down the lyrics

21 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I love how these girls break down the lyrics

I absolutely love them they are going to eat it up i jus know it

13 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

I absolutely love them they are going to eat it up i jus know it

The way they are going to freak out listening to taco truck

2 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Eh. I’ll be honest. There is a lot of hype. Which is great but in actuality it’s an album of like 10 (very good and not same-y) ballads with a few “fun” tracks that sound like she went in with an open mind. 

46 minutes ago, danrich said:

3 best tracks

Oh wow??

3 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Eh. I’ll be honest. There is a lot of hype. Which is great but in actuality it’s an album of like 10 (very good and not same-y) ballads with a few “fun” tracks that sound like she went in with an open mind. 

Ballads and Lana? Lmao

5 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

"Ballad" doesn't mean she isn't trying new things. Kintsugi, Fingertips, A&W, Candy Necklace, Paris Texas, and Grandfather don't sound like anything she's done before, especially vocally and structurally. :hippo:

Edited by HausOfGerard