Lana Del Rey - 'Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd'

RideOrDie

Just now, brooklyndaddy said:

That would make a lot of sense. Omg I never noticed how similar elements of the cover arts are!

Yeah, it was my instant thought when i saw the cover and learned jack antonoff produced it as well. Also saw Jon Batiste's name on the cover which indicates more jazz, funk vibes. Daddy's Home was a psychedelic soft rock album with funk influences and jazzy undertones and a 70s aesthetics and i think lana is following exactly that sound on this LP. 

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• VeniceBeach

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

Let’s hope the Bleachers collab is SnowOnTheBeach’d too.

Edited by Tyrion_LMG

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Are they ever not

Time for another fact about the upcoming album tho - FJM is SnowOnTheBeach'd on their song, I guess since he doesn't have any writing credit they just "exchanged" their vocals for each other songs :dies: They sound so beautiful together though!

Excellent :heart2:

5 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I think it's fairly obvious based on her recent listening habits as well as sonic growth that this album will reference the late 60s into early 70s. Obviously Harry Nilsson is a big influence but I can see her also pulling a lot from Lou Reed, Roy Harper, Big Star and maybe some psychedelic folk as well? Perhaps some King Krule inspiration? I just have such a clear soundscape in my head that I'm thinking this record will capture and hope it does :heart:

She posted about King Krule's 2017 album on her IG during the LFL era. This is the album cover:

MDItODAzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Inspo for the things to come?:celestial5:

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

So kinda Brooklyn Baby'd.

I don't mind that. Never really explored his music.

Never did a deep dive of his work either but I remember getting into this back during the UV days when they toured together:

I really wonder how Tommy is being utilized on her track. I'm guessing some kind of spoken word or a sample as it's not really a full on collaboration? 

Just now, NOW said:

She posted about King Krule's 2017 album on her IG during the LFL era. This is the album cover:

MDItODAzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Wait MESS I meant to say King Crimson :rip: But you're right, King Krule has some psychedelic surf rock elements which I can definitely see Lana pulling from, which would line up with Neil saying the album sounds like the wave emoji

4 minutes ago, NOW said:

MDItODAzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Never did a deep dive of his work either but I remember getting into this back during the UV days when they toured together:

It's not unpleasent. I wouldn't change the channel, but it doesn't grab me. 

Hope their song is doing more for me

i kinda wish this was the official album cover

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i kinda wish this was the official album cover

spacer.png

It may sound silly, but I think the b/w gives it more atmosphere.  It also makes the movie reference more obvious, idk. It shocked me how well recieved it was when it leaked. Lana stans sometimes care more about the cover art than the music :laugh:

Edited by ontherocks

Confirmation from Analboards that there will be audible electric guitar on multiple songs :clap3: 

28 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Are they ever not

Time for another fact about the upcoming album tho - FJM is SnowOnTheBeach'd on their song, I guess since he doesn't have any writing credit they just "exchanged" their vocals for each other songs :dies: They sound so beautiful together though!

This makes me happy. I like FJM, but I like it better when Lana just harmonizes with male vocals. 

Appartently the album is just under 80 minutes long. How many of you insiders are there? :lmao:

5 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Appartently the album is just under 80 minutes long. How many of you insiders are there? :lmao:

Hmm whoever they are, they are right

It will be interesting to hear the album because it sounds like all the collabs aren't going to be the typical duet types like we got with LFL.

Also, it's funny to see breakout artists are still following the early LDR-prototype:

West Coast-esque slowed down chorus, and the Born to Die/Blue Jeans video references :gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

OH WOW, a long album :jonny3:

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Idk either, never really noticed that member before, but it's not the one crazy guy with the broken English and crazy meltdowns :rip:

8 minutes ago, NOW said:

It will be interesting to hear the album because it sounds like all the collabs aren't going to be the typical duet types like we got with LFL.

Also, it's funny to see breakout artists are still following the early LDR-prototype:

West Coast-esque slowed down chorus, and the Born to Die/Blue Jeans video references :gaycat6:

The hair of the guy took me out.

The vocals are a bit Billie'd.

4 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

The hair of the guy took me out.

The vocals are a bit Billie'd.

Lol yes the guy is not it. I didn't care for the guy in the Born to Die video either but his bad boy image was perfect for the vision to her video. This song is cute but there is so much more out there to explore besides taking from the Lana/Lorde/Billie moodboard all the time.

Edited by NOW

2 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Not the album being as long as a movie :deadbanana4:

Now the album cover/film cover parallels make sense :clap3:

Just now, HausOfGerard said:

Now the album cover/film cover parallels make sense :clap3:

When she drops the album along with a full length film with all the songs in it :redface:

Isn't it funny how Lana used to tease songs so much back in the Lust For Life / NFR era and now that artists do it all the time trying to create a viral moments on Tiktok before dropping it, she stopped doing it? Lol

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

I'm devastated, but excited. I'd love a whole album collab between the two :allears: