Elon Musk's Neuralink under federal investigation for animal welfare violations

Espresso

lock him up

Too much bureaucracy is blocking large scale innovation in the field of science. I get that we must care for animal welfare but sometimes I feel like these concerns are only brought up when it is attached to someone the world dislikes. Elon is a HORRIBLE person. But these studies will be important to humanity's development and halting or stopping the progress by constantly bringing up things like this can detract. I'm conflicted because morality is important but so is innovation and too much bureaucracy is KNOWN to slow and even kill scientific progress and big advancements in science which the world DESPERATELY needs. 

all medicines have been tested in animals long ago this is not new to elon musk lol

10 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Too much bureaucracy is blocking large scale innovation in the field of science. I get that we must care for animal welfare but sometimes I feel like these concerns are only brought up when it is attached to someone the world dislikes. Elon is a HORRIBLE person. But these studies will be important to humanity's development and halting or stopping the progress by constantly bringing up things like this can detract. I'm conflicted because morality is important but so is innovation and too much bureaucracy is KNOWN to slow and even kill scientific progress and big advancements in science which the world DESPERATELY needs. 

The type of progress humanity DESPERATELY needs in this moment, is in climate restoration, energy conservation & agriculture, not no damn linking with artificial intelligence. Priorities all messed up. 

These are complaints coming from researchers who witness & inflict suffering on a daily basis. If even they are flagging this, I hate to imagine the needless cruelty sentient beings are having to endure, for nothing of immediate value, other than entertaining the whims of an unchecked, deranged, billionaire, sci-fi villain. 

Musk has pushed hard to accelerate Neuralink's progress, which depends heavily on animal testing, current and former employees said. Earlier this year, the chief executive sent staffers a news article about Swiss researchers who developed an electrical implant that helped a paralyzed man to walk again. "We could enable people to use their hands and walk again in daily life!" he wrote to staff at 6:37 a.m. Pacific Time on Feb. 8. Ten minutes later, he followed up: "In general, we are simply not moving fast enough. It is driving me nuts!"

If Elon cared about the advancement of health, they would be reaching out to the Swiss researchers in partnership or funding. Instead, his response is an expression of frustration that he’s losing the race for money… for technology that’s likely going to be unaffordable for those that need it most. 

Edited by FOCK

11 hours ago, IBeMe said:

But in so many ways, we don't NEED neuralink. If it's really causing suffering and deaths to animals then ofc this is a problem. And not all innovations are good for the world. Think about nukes for example. Sometimes we need bureaucracy to rein in the crazy scientists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.