When ur fave announced their single title: what did you imagine it would sound like?

Julia Fox

When Miley said her comeback single was named “We Can’t Stop” I thought it was gonna sound like this:

“We can't stop 
We can't stop
Out on this lonely road
It's on the road to love”

But in reality it was nothing like it lol 

It always end up sounding better then I thought xD whenever my fave drops a song name

I imagined Perfect Illusion to sound like a psychedelic rock/pop song, kind of MGMT-ish. The demo sounds more like what I expected.

1 hour ago, PoisonCandy said:

I imagined Perfect Illusion to sound like a psychedelic rock/pop song, kind of MGMT-ish. The demo sounds more like what I expected.

What an fantastic idea for a discussion thread! :clap3:

One example that comes to mind is "Cool For The Summer" by Demi Lovato. I vividly remember how many Lovatics at the time were apprehensive it would be something childish and corny based on the title, even fearing a Disney pop rock type of production. I kept an open mind, but expected something EDM-leaning in the vein of "Neon Lights" and "Unbroken" (title track). Suffice to say the song being a pop rock + electronic masterpiece about sexual experimentation caught everyone off-guard. It was such a promising new direction for Demi!

"positions" by Ariana Grande had quite a curious trajectory for me. When we learned from insiders the album would have a 'consistent and coherent theme about sex', I was naturally expecting an extremely horny song about sexual positions, and sonically playing around Ariana's R&B influences. This impression was hinted further by the single cover, which had an intriguing resemblance to the aesthetics of the "janet." era.

Then, in anticipation towards its release, I ended up having the weirdest dream predicting the song as an avant-garde 6 minute feminist anthem with hidden features from Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera... I'm not kidding :gaycat6:

But yeah, the final product was much safer and standard in comparison. Still love it loads regardless :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.