DC's Blue Beetle (2023) | Xolo Maridueña | $43M WW :RIP: | In theaters now! 🪲

Broken

I have a feeling I'm really going to love this film. I've been anticipating it ever since it was released. I'll probably catch a matinee showing on Saturday morning, if not around this time tomorrow evening.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Gorjesspazze9

• Sweetestsecret

It was enjoyable. The lead's a cutie :giraffe: I feel like OW will be rough but WoM should be solid.

• Like 1

It was really cute, you can tell it was originally a streaming movie but it still worked regardless. Xolo is very charismatic and the female lead Bruna was also surprisingly good. The family dynamic helped make this feel a little more fresh than a generic origins. 

• Like 2

‘BLUE BEETLE’ earns $3.3M in domestic previews.
:rip:

I might go out to see this next week if I’m bored 

spacer.png

B+ Cinemascore from audiences. 

13 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

‘BLUE BEETLE’ earns $3.3M in domestic previews.
:rip:

I might go out to see this next week if I’m bored 

• Like 2

This movie destined to be a flop, for sure. :toofunny3:

It’s fun and inoffensive enough but also extremely generic and basic origin story full of cliché tropes so I’m not surprised at the cold reception. People have gotten bored of that.

Love Xolo, but this is very much a streaming movie.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

This was actually fun. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the sequel ( if it happens lol ) 

On 8/19/2023 at 5:46 PM, Booyah said:

This was actually fun. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the sequel ( if it happens lol ) 

Gurl :rip:

I've got a workmates who won 2 free tickets of any movie of their choosing. They've already seen Barbie and Oppenheimer so they reluctantly chose Blue Beetle over Meg 2 because they haven't seen the first Meg. They said they really enjoyed Blue Beetle. They were just initially reluctant to watch it because it is a DCEU film. :toofunny3:

I know it's only anecdotal but it's looking like the DC Cinematic Universe is box office poison. I don't really know if Gunn can reboot the whole universe into a success.

• Thumbs Down 1

I really enjoyed it! Predictable and corny jokes here and there but I was in for the ride. It was more emotional than I thought it’d be. I was cackling inside when La Chona played near the beginning. 

Edited by Almodusa
  • Like 1

it was acute movie. Made me really happy to see latino culture represented on screen like this

Too bad its flopping

The film was so good! Watched it with my mom and it was such a good-feeling type movie! Love seeing latin representation :) 

• Like 1

$19M left to catch Shazam 2 and it has yet to premiere in Australia and NZ this coming weekend! Love to see that it’s holding well than other DCEU films and that it managed to make more money than Haunted Mansion and Gran Turismo.

Surprised that it won’t be released in Japan and SK. Not surprised about China.

Xolo seems so cute and nice I'm going to watch this eventually

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.