• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Gorjesspazze9

• Sweetestsecret

Xolo and the supporting actress Bruna are really cute together. :nicole:

On 7/12/2023 at 5:40 AM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

A far better trailer! But all my comments remain the same. It looks like everything we been seeing for the past 15 years in Superhero movies. Maybe if they had a spin or twist to differentiate it. 

The spin is that the main character is of Latinx heritage. That is what is meant to differentiate it.

B9tzrFW.gif

• Like 1

Tickets sales doubled. Maybe I was too harsh on it🤭

but still looks like it’s another run of the suphero. I’ll wait till it’s on streaming

the "Latin black panther" flopped huh

IMG_5742.gif

Edited by Katamari

I have my tickets for Thursday evening. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve always been a Blue Beetle fan but the movie didn’t grab me with the trailers so the positive reviews have me excited! 

• Like 1

Blue Beetle receiving the acclaim they thought The Flash was going to get is the funniest thing ever. :dies:

My boyfriend is goijg to every superhero movie so I'll probably go too. It doesn't look half bad tbh

DC is trash for many reason, but hope this is a hit for Xolo so it could open doors for him after cobra kai...

LOL I just know that one person who makes the negative DC threads was just waiting for the second to post a thread if reviews were awful :rip: hopefully this does ok

• Haha 1

In what is poised to be a case of Warner Bros beating itself for the No. 1 spot at the box office this coming weekend, the studio’s new DC superhero title Blue Beetle is poised to halt Barbie‘s three-weekend streak with a $28M-$32M opening. Barbie,meanwhile, is looking at a $22M-$24M fourth weekend, -30%, per industry sources.

https://deadline.com/2023/08/blue-beetle-barbie-strays-box-office-1235520300/

:clap3:

Told ya a few weeks ago that my early screening was a whole riot and that it was honestly good.

I’m ready for the Zachary Levi meltdown when this does better than Shazam 2 which is an easy feat ($134M).

James already praised this and confirmed again that this was the first new DCU character.

Cheers to Bruna! I saw her as a child actress many years ago and she was great from an early age doing drama heavy roles.

Her first role at age 5 it was very dramatic and she could cry like there is no tomorrow:

4 hours ago, Antikythera said:

Cheers to Bruna! I saw her as a child actress many years ago and she was great from an early age doing drama heavy roles.

Her first role at age 5 it was very dramatic and she could cry like there is no tomorrow:

I had never heard of her before, but she's getting a ton of praise in particular in this role. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcadius said:

I had never heard of her before, but she's getting a ton of praise in particular in this role. 

She was a soap opera star in Brazil. Our soaps are different from american and mexican ones, they have high production values and space for actors to really shine. They still a soap, but with creative scripts, so you have the classic aspects mixed with modern story telling. 

What I am trying to say is that she learned from one of the best and biggest scripted shows producers outside Hollywood. They really invested on her. Sure she is also really talented!

• Like 1

Just got back. Totally fun movie. Loved it. Jaime Reyes is such a great and thought out character, loved his family. Completely hilarious and shockingly sad at one point. Highly recommend. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.