DC's Blue Beetle (2023) | Xolo Maridueña | $43M WW :RIP: | In theaters now! 🪲

Broken

Blue-Beetle-theatrical-poster.jpg

Directed by Ángel Manuel Soto (Charm City Kings).

Edited by Broken

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Gorjesspazze9

• Sweetestsecret

I think DC could be successful spotlighting their more obscure properties like Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate, JSA, etc. to distinguish themselves from the MCU. I'm cautiously optimistic for what Gunn has planned. 

I’m so excited for this. I hope we get Shazam quality and not…well…everything else they’ve done recently.

Just now, Gossip_Boy said:

I’m so excited for this. I hope we get Shazam quality and not…well…everything else they’ve done recently.

Actually Batman was cute too but you get the point.

I can't believe they scrapped Batgirl and are going ahead with this :rip:

Black Adam didn't do so great with The Rock attached, so Blue Beetle is going to flop into oblivion without a doubt

Regardless I'm cautiously excited. Hopefully they do a good job although the only experience I have with the character is from Young Justice which was amazing, so a hard bar to top.

Blue Beetle has gotten great reception from every since test screening that they've had so far, so I have faith in this being a success (at least critically and with the audiences that see it). While the superhero isn't well-known, I think it's great to have more representation in film and the inspiration it can have for more demographics is worth far more than a billion dollars at the box office.

• 3 months later...

I really want this movie to be a hit (we need more Latin superheroes), but I think it's gonna flop hard :dancehall:.

They should include a Shakira/Bad Bunny song in the trailer, something. @WarnerBros

I’m actually excited for this one but than what I was for Shazam, also I know that Brazil is going to stan hard for this one and Latinamerica as a whole to support Xolo and his family.

It justs needs to have a good trailer and have a cool suit and villain, imagine when this does better than Shazam 2 at the box office kiiii 

Say what you want about Snyder, but ever since they got rid of him, every DC new movies feels more and more generic. This one makes no exceptions and will probably flop as well, commercialy and critically.

Curious to see what Gunn will bring as for now (scared that Safran who produced both Shazam and this is also reigning the new studio), the only movie I truly hope can save DC is The Flash lol

• Haha 1

Idk... seems generic, like we finally get a Latin superhero but it doesn't seem like it.

It gives Shazam vibes (as in family and all), which is not a bad thing since I actually liked both Shazam movies, but those were not exactly a hit. 

The VFX looks great so that's something. I will support of course, show up for my fellow Latinos but yeah not too hopeful sadly.

This looks similar to Shazam. A bit generic and and attempting to lean into the family aspect rather action.

I don't doubt it can be good and looks pleasant enough from the trailer as Shazam was also good (the first one) and had a lot of heart, but just like Shazam it also looks kinda forgettable and has nothing that screams must-see in theaters. That said i do hope it does well enough for Xolo. The budget isn't too egregious so we'll see.

Also can DC start having some interesting villains? This is the second DC project this year with an old ehite woman as the bad guy. Like...

Hmmmm...

Despite the lead being young and cute I'm not sure what really makes this unique in any way beyond the latino cast.

Like... boy randomly gets power suit "that can do anything he imagines", friends and family gawk while he tries to figure it all out, evil government after him, wise-cracking uncle, "you must use these powers for good!".

It's like spiderman meets green lantern meets iron man.. but without any of the iconic parts. :deadbanana2:

Hopefully kids will like it!

43 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

Say what you want about Snyder, but ever since they got rid of him, every DC new movies feels more and more generic.

Yep.

Snyder kinda reminds me of George Lucas in the way that the minute they are out of the picture (after people relentlessly picked their work apart) the films that follow feel generic, safe and are missing that special sauce.

21 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Hmmmm...

Despite the lead being young and cute I'm not sure what really makes this unique in any way beyond the latino cast.

Like... boy randomly gets power suit "that can do anything he imagines", friends and family gawk while he tries to figure it all out, evil government after him, wise-cracking uncle, "you must use these powers for good!".

It's like spiderman meets green lantern meets iron man.. but without any of the iconic parts. :deadbanana2:

Hopefully kids will like it!

I immediately thought of Green Latern, but with a kid who happens to be Latino. 

Blue Beetle is actually a really fun character, the thing is, he probably would work better as part of an ensemble in a proper Titans film. 

We'll see. Visually, this looks above of what I expected, and there's potential for a really fun movie. 

I think it looks fun, if this wasn't DC I think it would do fairly well. The main lead is so dreamy btw :smitten:

It lowkey looks like if an AI made up a superhero story :deadbanana4: there's hints of Iron Man, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Shazam, Spiderman/Venom....

I'm happy for the diversity tho, hopefully it's at least a fun watch

Not that Tiktok Song:bibliahh:

i actually think they are smart for putting this out during the summer. Looks like an average superhero movie.But  If Marvel put out this type of trailer people would be calling it Mid and Low Budget CGI.💀

it looks fine tho. I’ll probably go see it with my little brother. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I liked the trailer! I may watch this one.

DC MAKE A TEEN TITANS MOVIE OR YOUNG JUSTICE NOW 

STOP TROLLING WITH FOOLISHNESS 

IMG_5742.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.