LGBT Films πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ“½

feelslikeadream

And Then We Danced was so good like yall said! The Honey scene was so beautiful :weeps:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• noonbob

• X~MoviePoP

• Katamari

Some of these lgbt films make me wish i lived in europe or south america or something lol.Β 

Β 

The scenery is BEAUTIFUL

11 hours ago, genetic fail said:

And Then We Danced was so good like yall said! The Honey scene was so beautiful :weeps:

Lives rent free in my mind since I watched it for the first time summer 2020Β 

Close was devastating.Β :cries:

Β 

Why did I go in and expect a cute wholesome teenage love story judging by the titleΒ :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Some of these lgbt films make me wish i lived in europe or south america or something lol.Β 

Β 

The scenery is BEAUTIFUL

!!!! The way I check the costs of flights to Argentina after watching so many gay films :deadbanana:

hey guys can you recommend me LGBT movies but only horror, thriller or dark comedy? :-*

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Of an age is out online btwΒ 

Have you watched yet? I saw it in theaters a couple weeks ago but haven't seen any reactions/reviews in here. If you see/have seen it, lmk what you think.

Β 

4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

This looks promising :duca:

"Of an Age" was so good. Kinda surprised that this movie is getting some criticism (I'm seeing a few of 0.5 , 2.5 reviews on letterboxd)

Β 

Β 

Except some technical weak points and a little forced music/ book references, it really captured well about how gays couldn't have experiences they deserved in certain times or circumstances (also how living your own life can hurt the other)

Β 

Then again I haven't watched THAT many LGBT movies so... I can see this movie being a little bit redundant for some people. But It worked really well for me, Moonlight did similar things but that movie was more abstract.

Edited by enchanted0

'Of An Age' is my favorite film of the year so far. So authentic and so emotional. The final sceneΒ :weeps:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, enchanted0 said:

Then again I haven't watched THAT many LGBT movies so... I can see this movie being a little bit redundant for some people.

I did feel this way a little bit tbh, since I've seen so many LGBT films and this checked so many boxes of the standard LGBT film tropes :laugh:Β But I still really enjoyed it! I think the setting was my favorite aspect.

Β 

Spoiler

It really made it more poignant to think about what it was like in the early internet age if you were gay and had the fortune of meeting someone you really liked without the use of Grindr. Like how exciting must that have been? :weeps:Β Their separation also felt even sadder, knowing they couldn't just text immediately and maintain the relationship. This was the unique angle this film offered for me compared to other recent LGBT films.

Β 

But drag the Tori Amos scene. It's what they deserve for not playing "Mother."

On 2/17/2023 at 4:42 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Whats the name of that studio that does alot of foreign gay films.

Starts with a P. I think the logo has a wolf or somethingΒ 

Either Peccadillo or Wolfe.

Oh y'all better get ready. Unless they majorly failed, this one is going to be a tear jerker.

Β 

Β 

I read the book a couple years ago and this story is 100% biographical and so brutally emotional :cries:

Image gallery for Heartstone - FilmAffinity

Β 

Watched this coming of age Icelandic movie last night.

Well made, beautiful scenary, decently acted but too long and a bit too dramatic for me.

and then we dance is in the Q

Β 

i didn't see close but i read the synopsis on wiki :gaycat4:Β i might check that one out

4 hours ago, Katamari said:

i didn't see close but i read the synopsis on wiki :gaycat4:Β i might check that one out

A Nightmare... Literally a nightmare :biblio:

Β 

You're truly a spoil queen fr fr :bloo:

On 12/3/2022 at 11:24 PM, Dark Phoenix said:

Here’s a list I’ve been updating with my fav LGBT+ films on Letterboxd, it contains a Top 30 with movies from all around the world:

Β 

https://boxd.it/esQLG

Nice.

Β 

Spoiler

"Liked" the list and followed you.

this is going to be so good okay

Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

A Nightmare... Literally a nightmare :biblio:

Β 

You're truly a spoil queen fr fr :bloo:

Not really cuz now I can see how the events progressed :redface:

Β 

i just really wanted to know what happens :redface:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Mason Gooding said:

this is going to be so good okay

Β 

Β 

What was it?Β :)

Watched Of An Age.

Β 

Lovely ! Full of gay yearning :heart: VERY well acted. Somehow the girl bestfriend/sister stood out positively, she's stunning and did great in her role.

The Happy Together stanning, the fact that it's the same guy that directed You Won't Be Alone of ALL movies ??? I could NOT believe it.

Β 

Spoiler

I do understand people saying it was a bit too self-important though. That was a LOT of emotions for a car ride next to a br!tish cigarette. Elias expectim him to stay available for 11 years :duck:

But i'm so easily moved, when Adam's eyes would get teary it would always move me, such a sensitive soul. :cries:

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Somehow the girl bestfriend/sister stood out positively, she's stunning and did great in her role.

Spoiler

I was gagged when her husband was cheating on her at their weddingΒ :)

Β 

One of my favorite moments of the whole film was the look the girl and the main guy gave each other at the very end of the wedding. It just felt so real how the one look communicated that they had once been best friends, but that they knew they wouldn't get that closeness back again. Plus the guy had just seen the cheating husband and so he also knows she's not going to be happily married, and somehow the look expresses that.

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.