LGBT Films πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ“½

feelslikeadream

Does anyone remember that novel turned into a movie where one of the gays cover Regina Spektor's Us in the trailer? I never got around to watching that. I've read the book but can't remember the name.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• noonbob

• X~MoviePoP

• Katamari

On 12/22/2023 at 6:51 PM, TryMe said:

I just remembered seeing a trailer of series or movie about students/teenagers.Β Β 

Β 

The guy fell in love with his bully or something.Β 

Β 

Also I don't recall wheter it was english or not.Β 

Β 

Does someone know the title?

Was it from belgium? interracial? :thing:Β 

Β 

i might know what is? But the name escapes me teehee

Edited by Katamari

2 hours ago, Katamari said:

Β 

I truly don't remember however if they spoke dutch I think I would notice it. So maybe they spoke french, I don't recall.

Β 

I remember the movie havingΒ  a quite dark filter, or at least the trailer.Β 

Β 

Β 

I just watched Mario.Β 

Β 

The movie was decent. I enjoyed the characters, but the chemistry between them was lacking. Perhaps it was because there weren't enough scenes depicting the development of their relationship. It felt as if they suddenly woke up and decided to be lovers.

Β 

6.5/10

just watched Norwegian Dream, it's alright i guess...Robert was HOT! that buzz cut makes him so dreamy.Β :WAP:

Edited by clee95
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, genetic fail said:

Does anyone remember that novel turned into a movie where one of the gays cover Regina Spektor's Us in the trailer? I never got around to watching that. I've read the book but can't remember the name.

I found it.

Β 

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, Katamari said:

Β 

What movie are you talking about? (I'm from Belgium). Texas Noordzee? But I don't think that was about a bullyΒ 

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, genetic fail said:

I found it.

Β 

The acting looks super suspect and I had to skip through most of the trailer cause it was giving away the entire movie BUT I love that Regina song (even though her political views are wack). Have you watched yet?

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

The acting looks super suspect and I had to skip through most of the trailer cause it was giving away the entire movie BUT I love that Regina song (even though her political views are wack). Have you watched yet?

I love the book this was based on! It's still downloading at 39%. Nobody's seeding the damn thing :skull:

• Haha 4

Okay, i'm going to watch some of these, thanksss

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Right, felt very cheap and cringeworthy. Although the plot/story seems interesting.

• ATRL Moderator

Just saw All of Us Strangersβ€”so much better and more original than Weekend :clap3:

Β 

All four actors truly ATE, especially Andrew and Claire, imo. Paul was also amazing, of course, and his sad eyes were enough to make me cry at one pointΒ :chick3:Β (I also wanna cry thinking about how he'll never show up at my door asking to hook upΒ :chick3:)

Β 

I don't think it fully sticks the landing (which I saw coming in the first ~20 mins), but it was still very moving.

Β 

Spoiler only if you're going in completely blind, like I did (without watching trailer or reading a synopsis):

Spoiler

I had no idea it was about dead parents, so I was especially moved having lost a parent last year. I feel like I would have had a very different reaction to the film had I seen it at another time in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else read Maurice?

Β 

71nsF28xOxL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Β 

I just read it and omgΒ :jonny5:Β Maurice is so relatable,Β All his emotions and feelings are mine.

Β 

Hopefully gonna watch the movie tonight!!

Β 

Spoiler

I need an Alec Scudder to come and save meΒ :frown:

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

"Sebastian" is quite good, played at Sundance the other day.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 3:09 AM, noonbob said:

Β 

Β 

I just read it and omgΒ :jonny5:Β Maurice is so relatable,Β All his emotions and feelings are mine.

Β 

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

I love this movie so much :weeps:

I also just saw Le paradis (The Lost Boys) and it was good! Some really important social topics were discussed and both boys were hot (even though they both played teens :dancehall2:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

I love this movie so much :weeps:

I also just saw Le paradis (The Lost Boys) and it was good! Some really important social topics were discussed and both boys were hot (even though they both played teens :dancehall2:)

I want to watch this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator
On 1/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, noonbob said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

Have you watched the movie yet? I haven't read it or watched it but am interested to see what you think about the adaptation from book to film.

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Have you watched the movie yet? I haven't read it or watched it but am interested to see what you think about the adaptation from book to film.

Oh fefe both are a must!Β 

Β 

NWJ.gif

Β 

From book to movie it was very well done, very slight changes here and there but overall very consistentΒ :heart2:

The time changes in the movie seem to happen quickly, but maybe that's because I am a slow readerΒ :rip:

Β 

This story has been embedded in my mind since, and I keep wishing for it to happen to meΒ :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

I can't say i loved all (or even most) of Maurice the movie but the thought of certain shots still move me to this day. And i've seen it a while ago.

Can anyone suggest good movies, good story, depressing and so on.

I wanna feel worse about my life, being alone etc.

:gaycat4:

1 hour ago, noonbob said:

If you haven't watched It's My Party yet, please do. One of the few movies that makes me cry my flipping eyes out every time I watch itΒ :cries:

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Ok so i just watched the movie Fireworks. In Italian its name is " Stranizza d'amuri ".

Β 

Its based on the true story of theΒ Giarre murders.Β 

Β 

Such a beautiful film but also tragic.

23 hours ago, noonbob said:

Weekend (2011).

• ATRL Moderator
56 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Ok so i just watched the movie Fireworks. In Italian its name is " Stranizza d'amuri ".

Β 

Its based on the true story of theΒ Giarre murders.Β 

Β 

Such a beautiful film but also tragic.

This looks interesting. Where did you watch?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.