LGBT Films 🏳️‍🌈📽

feelslikeadream

Watched the grim 2006-ish film Mysterious Skin with Joseph Gordon Levitt the other day and it's good but DARK.

• Like 1

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• noonbob

• X~MoviePoP

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator
On 9/19/2023 at 2:42 PM, harwee said:

Finally saw it, and its pretty good.

Generally Im just tired of overly sexual gay films but in this case its necessary to tell his story.

Just watched this tonight after seeing your posts in here. I liked it! Thought some of the acting wasn't great, but generally liked the story. I don't know what you mean/can't relate to your comment about sexual films, but I really enjoyed how casual they were with nudity :gaycat2:

Spoiler

When Tibs said, "I'd rather be a ******* ***** than underground like your last boyfriend." :skull: :skull:

I can hardly imagine a less sexually appealing situation than the sub bottom party :chick2: He should have asked for more money.

I also didn't love the ending. I just wasn't feeling the "relationship" with Tibs and honestly can't imagine a bright future for them :rip:

On 9/20/2023 at 11:48 PM, Katamari said:

I just want to rewatch La partida :gaycat6:

am I really gonna get a gagaoolala sub just for that :gaycat7: 

@feelslikeadream have you watched this one :redface: :redface:

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Katamari said:

No, but it has a 14% on RT :redface: Should I watch?

Oh, and Lonesome (see above post) has a scene of the main character going into the ocean :redface: (he's alone, but still, more gays in the water)

Edited by feelslikeadream
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

No, but it has a 14% on RT :redface: Should I watch?

Oh, and Lonesome (see above post) has a scene of the main character going into the ocean :redface: (he's alone, but still, more gays in the water)

Well it’s kind of sad so that makes sense but didn’t know it was so panned :bibliahh:

i actually might check out lonesome but adding that to the spreadsheet :fan:

13 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Just watched this tonight after seeing your posts in here. I liked it! Thought some of the acting wasn't great, but generally liked the story. I don't know what you mean/can't relate to your comment about sexual films, but I really enjoyed how casual they were with nudity :gaycat2:

Reveal hidden contents

When Tibs said, "I'd rather be a ******* ***** than underground like your last boyfriend." :skull: :skull:

I can hardly imagine a less sexually appealing situation than the sub bottom party :chick2: He should have asked for more money.

I also didn't love the ending. I just wasn't feeling the "relationship" with Tibs and honestly can't imagine a bright future for them :rip:

Yeah I just want variety of representation, and not it about prostitution and drugs all the time. I do think we're getting more variety though, esp from european filmmakers.

But like I said, in this case, its important in the story.

Spoiler

Yeah the ending is a bit abrupt.

But I kinda get the point they were making. After his experience he doesn't feel anything. He's just sexually submissive, which explains his spiral to BDSM. Thankfully Tibs saved him.

That's how i see it.

El Houb

Very stylish coming out story.

Somewhat basic, but its arabic setting make it a bit more unique.

elhoub-posterart.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

finished queer as folk USA and reboot

now need to get into the UK ver.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:34 AM, Katamari said:

I have, it's so sad.

Spoiler

I was so frustrated, it could have been prevented :cries:

:suburban:

Edited by noonbob

On 10/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, noonbob said:

I have, it's so sad. I was so frustrated, it could have been prevented :cries:

Spoiler

We need a remake with a happy ending :redface: I haven’t seen it since 2019 and suddenly wanted to watch it again :redface:

Edited by Katamari

On 10/8/2023 at 7:51 PM, Katamari said:

I haven’t seen it since 2019 and suddenly wanted to watch it again :redface:

Yosvani actor is so hot! Why doesn't he have an insta ?

Edited by noonbob
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:33 AM, feelslikeadream said:

Y'all, I've been watching this Italian show Prisma on Prime Video. I'm 4 episodes in and I love it :WAP:

Please someone else watch it so we can discuss!!

Also, Lorenzo Zurzolo :gaycat2: (left)

spacer.png

Just watched the first episode and I'm shook.

:jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
34 minutes ago, noonbob said:

Just watched the first episode and I'm shook.

:jonny5:

:duca: Post your thoughts in here as you watch! I finished it a few days ago and cried.

• Like 1

The fact that Spoiler Alert (2022) was never released in Mexico ;( I guess the flop of Bros scared the distributors.

Anyway I still need to watch Cassandro and then Aristotle and Dante and All of us strangers in a festival in 2 weeks.

Also Passages and Rotting in the sun are in my Top 3 films of 2023 and they’re so good and sexy and funny, their mind, we won. 

Spoiler
19 hours ago, noonbob said:

16 hours ago, Katamari said:

I'm saying this as someone who saw this movie more than once...

THE SPOILER TAG IS RIGHT THERE ????

crocodile-crazy.gif

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 9:58 PM, feelslikeadream said:

:duca: Post your thoughts in here as you watch! I finished it a few days ago and cried.

Ep2

Spoiler

I feel like Nina and Andrea are gonna become besties, and she will help him with his identity, sexuality, Daniele situation and I LOVE that.

The Daniele thing I'm confused about. He pursued someone who he had seen NO full pictures of, and initiated/continued the whole "relationship" even though the "girl" didn't care about him at first. It just makes me think, But I guess the show does that intentionally, and I’m just overthinking.

I hope Carola isn't leading Marco on, they could be a cute couple :heart2:

Can't wait to get home from work to watch the next :gaycat2:

Ep3

Spoiler

I knew it! Look them becoming buddies! Nina being a smarty pants and clocking Andrea after ordering the same book of poems :jonny:

The eyeliner scene :jonny5:You could tell Andrea was feeling himself.

I kinda expected Andrea to confide in Nina when he was sat in her grandad's house texting Daniele, but omg not him buying a ticket to see "her"

Carola and Marco kiss :heart2: was so happy for him.

I felt like the twins had a personality switch after that when they were at home arguing.

Marco becoming more loud and vocal, while Andrea being the quiet-subdued one.

Excited for what's next.

Passages (2023) - IMDb

Strong ass 2023 film, i recommend !

Spoiler

Loved the editing, lovely cinematography and strong acting. I wish it'd get Oscar buzz but i don't think it's getting any :chick3:

9 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

Passages (2023) - IMDb

Strong ass 2023 film, i recommend !

Reveal hidden contents

Loved the editing, lovely cinematography and strong acting. I wish it'd get Oscar buzz but i don't think it's getting any :chick3:

Isn’t that the guy from that German prison film

csnt google because I forget the name oop :gaycat1:

16 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Isn’t that the guy from that German prison film

He's in Great Freedom. I've never seen it but i'm guessing it's the movie you're talking about :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

He's in Great Freedom. I've never seen it but i'm guessing it's the movie you're talking about :biggrin:

omg yes thats the one :dies: 

@feelslikeadream wtf!!! :rogue:I need season 2.... Immediately!

Spoiler

WTF HAPPENED!!!! I NEED TO KNOW! :cries:

Did Daniele get off the bus once he realized it was Andrea and they both go home?

Did they both end up going to Ninfa? I need to know!!!

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, noonbob said:

@feelslikeadream wtf!!! :rogue:I need season 2.... Immediately!

Hide contents

WTF HAPPENED!!!! I NEED TO KNOW! :cries:

Did Daniele get off the bus once he realized it was Andrea and they both go home?

Did they both end up going to Ninfa? I need to know!!!

Ugh, I know. I choose to read the ending in a positive way, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :chick3:

Isn't Nina such a queen? :jonnycat: I actually think I like pretty much every character, but she's so iconique.

12 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ugh, I know. I choose to read the ending in a positive way, but I guess we'll have to wait and see :chick3:

Isn't Nina such a queen? :jonnycat: I actually think I like pretty much every character, but she's so iconique.

The way I won't be able to sleep! I choose to too but still :frown:

:rogue:

Yes she ******* IS!!! I was

Spoiler

shook when her and Andrea ******! Like so shook. Anyway she is such a supportive friend and good person. 

If it wasn't for her, there's no way Andrea would have come out to his Dad. She gave him what he needed to do that.

I'm sure they will still be good friends, even though her and Carola said they were over them.

Marco's outburst too, Felt bad for him. Why hadn't Andrea told him? He said he was going to. 

I feel like his holy mother will take it harder, or at least that's the way they made it seem (the way dad was looking at her in church)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.