• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• noonbob

• X~MoviePoP

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator

Hi gays and allies of ATRL. I'm a big fan of queer cinema and watch a lot of it, but I find that the individual threads often disappear quickly and then there's no place for queer cinephiles to discuss films we've watched or look forward to seeing! So I got approval from the mods to make this thread. It's a place where we can all discuss films as we watch them, or as trailers come out.

If you're a fan of queer cinema, maybe you can make some recommendations below to get the thread going :gaycat2:

I love LGBT films

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Vixen Eyes said:

Have you seen any of these that you'd recommend?

I watched Rift and girl, I was so confused by the ending :weeps: If anyone here has seen it and understands the ending, please enlighten me!!

spacer.png

I also watched Spiral recently, with Jeffrey Bowser Chapstick, the judge on Canada's Drag Race season 1. I thought it was so bad :rip: The acting was terrible and the plot just didn't make sense. And the ending was especially bad imo. Do not recommend :shakeno:

MV5BMmU0Nzc0OGYtNzRlZS00NjIwLTkxOTktZWU4NWQ1ODhiYTk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyNzAxMzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

Have you seen any of these that you'd recommend?

I watched Rift and girl, I was so confused by the ending :weeps: If anyone here has seen it and understands the ending, please enlighten me!!

spacer.png

I also watched Spiral recently, with Jeffrey Bowser Chapstick, the judge on Canada's Drag Race season 1. I thought it was so bad :rip: The acting was terrible and the plot just didn't make sense. And the ending was especially bad imo. Do not recommend :shakeno:

MV5BMmU0Nzc0OGYtNzRlZS00NjIwLTkxOTktZWU4NWQ1ODhiYTk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyNzAxMzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

i didnt finish spiral cos it was so bad lmao

So Vam has bad acting, but the story they have going is good. if they got hollywood actors and not high school students, itd be a great movie

Scream Queen, My Nightmare on Elm Street is a documentary about the main actor in NOES2 and i loved it

Dragula is liek RuPaul's Drag Race but everything is spooky and such. the earlier seasons were made much cheaper tho

X0NHyDI.png

The-Thing-About-Harry.jpg

Were-the-world-mine.jpg

Cheesy but cute

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Taylena said:

X0NHyDI.png

One of the best movies of ALL TIME :clap3: I was so gagged.

Just now, Insanity said:

Were-the-world-mine.jpg

Cheesy but cute

I normally don't like cheesy gay films, but I'm really glad I watched The Thing About Harry because it introduced me to this BANGER in the club scene 

eGcoKDO.gif

3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

One of the best movies of ALL TIME :clap3: I was so gagged.

I normally don't like cheesy gay films, but I'm really glad I watched The Thing About Harry because it introduced me to this BANGER in the club scene 

eGcoKDO.gif

I only watch cheesy gay films :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I only watch cheesy gay films :dies:

Have you seen eCupid? @Bloo recommended it to me and it was soooo cheesy. Maybe you would like it :fan:

3 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Have you seen eCupid? @Bloo recommended it to me and it was soooo cheesy. Maybe you would like it :fan:

I've seen it 

The Man With The Answers is one I love, so simple yet so cute

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

It’s cheesy but cute. That’s all I had in 2012. :mandown:

38 minutes ago, Taylena said:

X0NHyDI.png

Ugh why can’t they make amazing movies like this with male leads :frown:

my all time favs

God’s Own Country

Shelter

Moonlight

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

The Man With The Answers is one I love, so simple yet so cute

I thought this was so cute! :date2: I would have liked a slightly different ending, probably, but it's definitely one of my favorites of the past few years.

3 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

my all time favs

God’s Own Country

Shelter

Moonlight

I haven't seen Shelter but I love the other two, so I trust your taste and am adding it to my to-watch list :celestial5:

13 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

my all time favs

God’s Own Country

Shelter

Moonlight

Shelter was ahead of it's time, loved it all those years ago.

It’s already banned in Pakistan so you know it’s good.

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

Cheesy but cute

The Thing About Harry is one of my favorite gay movies :heart2: It's so cute and leaves me warm and cozy. I love that.

This is a brilliant idea tbh!

I thought Call Me By Your Name was the most overrated movie ever, and found it to be terrible AND boring.

I've only watched three LGBT films in my life, really liked them: Brokeback Mountain, Call Me By Your Name and God's Own Country.

I love CMBYN, one of the few movies in recent years I enjoy and try to watch it again. One of my favorite movies, idc how basic I am.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.