Is ATRL banned in China?

AlanRickman1946

Google, YouTube,reddit and most social media companies are banned in China. So is ATRL also banned there? There is a user called @LadyGagaChina but he hasn't posted in a while.

I'm not sure but this site needs to be banned all over the world.

Atrl is not blocked in China I ran a test to see. But at the moment police can check anyone’s phone at any time and there also major protests happening.

Edited by ugo

1 hour ago, Avenue said:

I'm not sure but this site needs to be banned all over the world.

Why you guys like the idea of banning that much?

it’s getting creepy 

would you consider banning yourself first?

Omg this reminds me when ATRL went viral in China few years ago because of some gay series :dies: does anyone here knows what I am talking about? I think it was 2016 because it was on that old served

26 minutes ago, ugo said:

Hopefully the CCP didn't lock the good sis for running a fan account that is now considered as idolisation. spacer.png

Doesn’t China love idolization? 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ugo said:

Atrl is not blocked in China I ran a test to see. But at the moment police can check anyone’s phone at any time and there also major protests happening.

How are chinese people okay with this? :rip:

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Omg this reminds me when ATRL went viral in China few years ago because of some gay series :dies: does anyone here knows what I am talking about? I think it was 2016 because it was on that old served

Do you mean Addicted? :jonny6:

13 minutes ago, coolblue said:

How are chinese people okay with this? :rip:

You just don’t have a choice, anyone can get arrested and the fear of what they might do to you is enough to keep your mouth shut unless when you’re not the only one protesting. They use a lot of intimidation tactics, police presence I saw up to 200 officers patrolling a park on Tiananmen anniversary, teens getting shot and beaten. In the end a lot of expats “sell their souls” and put the golden handcuffs on and most people I knew hated the CCP but had a comfortable life enough to just shut up about it. 

17 minutes ago, Sesame said:

Doesn’t China love idolization? 

spacer.png

Well only one cult of personality is allowed and that’s for the leader.

Edited by ugo

No hate to chinese people but a potential 2B people less here it's okay for that "503" thing. 

No It's not.

2 hours ago, ugo said:

It's partially true. Police and government works with social apps like WeChat or QQ so they always know what you said and even where you are at any given moment. But unless you did something ''illegal'', they can't check your phone just because, if they ask to check your phone it must be they already knew what you've done.

17 minutes ago, GipJo said:

No It's not.

It's partially true. Police and government works with social apps like WeChat or QQ so they always know what you said and even where you are at any given moment. But unless you did something ''illegal'', they can't check your phone just because, if they ask to check your phone it must be they already knew what you've done.

That’s not true though. Not sure about the laws (and they probably don’t matter) but police in China abuse their power and are encouraged to do so. There are multiple videos circulating at the moment where random people are stopped and the police goes through their phones.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-police-search-banned-foreign-apps-phones-2022-11?amp

I also witnessed teenagers that were dressed in black and didn’t do anything prior get stopped and have their backpack checked and their phone pics looked through. That was in HK. 

They don’t need warrants on anyone and anyone can be arrested or searched with no motives at all. 

https://amp.scmp.com/yp/discover/news/hong-kong/article/3079093/hong-kong-court-rules-police-dont-always-need-search

Edited by ugo

19 minutes ago, ugo said:

That’s not true though. Not sure about the laws (and they probably don’t matter) but police in China abuse their power and are encouraged to do so. There are multiple videos circulating at the moment where random people are stopped and the police goes through their phones.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-police-search-banned-foreign-apps-phones-2022-11?amp

I also witnessed teenagers that were dressed in black and didn’t do anything prior get stopped and have their backpack checked and their phone pics looked through. That was in HK. 

They don’t need warrants on anyone and anyone can be arrested or searched with no motives at all. 

https://amp.scmp.com/yp/discover/news/hong-kong/article/3079093/hong-kong-court-rules-police-dont-always-need-search

I'm mostly talking about normal circumstances, what everyday life with the police is like. What these articles described were rare situation, protests don't normally happen.

I had no idea what a dictatorship China was :rip: Poor people. I feel so bad for anyone who lives in countries like thee and Russia. We truly are lucky to be in the US or Canada or UK, etc.

1 minute ago, JustHoran said:

I had no idea what a dictatorship China was :rip: Poor people. I feel so bad for anyone who lives in countries like thee and Russia. We truly are lucky to be in the US or Canada or UK, etc.

Depends on situation, they were good enough when Chinese people were barely adequately fed, dictatorship helps grow economy faster. But now that they're rich, the need for spiritual enrichment is bigger than ever and they can't stop them from wanting to be free, not forever.

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

播放卡莉·雷·傑普森 (Carly Rae Jepsen) 的《最孤獨的時光》

Traditional Chinese might be considered as a threat to national security there i fear.

Why would they ban such an irrelevant website? :dies:

7 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Oh dear, Russia is a whole another world compared to China. As much as they don't want to admit it, they have an individualistic Western mentality. Things in China work the way they do because there's centuries of a community-oriented mindset that will have people accepting limitations to their freedom for the greater good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.