Celeb Megathread 2024: Drag performer Shangela accused of multiple sexual assaults

Vermillion

He's gross, 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• PoisonedIvy

• FightForTanas

• Weld_E

Thank you to either the mods or OP for putting the updates in the OP of this original thread so we get the full context.

And love and light to the user here in this thread who experienced this at their hands, particularly in the midst of being brave enough to come forward publicly, here and there.

That there's that connection here is wild and I hope is handled delicately given the **** that's gone down here in the past. This thread will likely be sent to Shangela's former costars' social media handles then things will get messy given past examples on the RPDR community on Reddit.

My two cents then I'm done: now that the dam's broke I truly wonder how each queen will handle this, starting with Bob from their show, who clearly will be avoiding any comment until any legal proceedings are over given their past recent statements on his podcast. Then some of the other titans like Trixie, who's lawyer will probably formulate a statement, and Katya, who won't give a **** and will probably be held back from personally saying anything until a trial's concluded.

This will escalate in some form, even in just a civil trial possibly. Imho.

• Like 2

@Ryan @blackstar Can the L.A. Times story tweet from last year be posted in the OP above the Rolling Stone story? Even with a subscription block I think it should be there for the sake of chronology.

Edit: The LA Times story tweet from earlier in the thread posted last year is what I meant

Bob personally implied at least twice on Sibling Rivalry that We're Here's cast change had little to do with the social media/Reddit/ATRL allegations then the L.A. Times report.

Now we know that that was false.

The producers saw the writing on the wall.

And it begins…

50 minutes ago, Espresso said:

And it begins…

oh lord...:gaycat6:

• ATRL Administrator
1 hour ago, Espresso said:

@Ryan @blackstar Can the L.A. Times story tweet from last year be posted in the OP above the Rolling Stone story? Even with a subscription block I think it should be there for the sake of chronology.

Edit: The LA Times story tweet from earlier in the thread posted last year is what I meant

I’m gonna make you the OP of the thread so updates can be done regularly if you’re okay with it. 

Just now, Ryan said:

I'm gonna make you the OP of the thread so updates can be done regularly if you're okay with it. 

Works for me. I'll let you know if there's any issues privately.

• ATRL Administrator
1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Works for me. I'll let you know if there's any issues privately.

Thank you. Just made the change. 

This is all so heartbreaking :gaycat6:

How in the world would she get invited to the WH after all of this mess lol and for her to actually go…..

the community wanted to keep quiet and brush this under the rug so that narratives weren't “proven true" and now it's just going to blow up even bigger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope Drag Race drops Shangela or never mention her again. 

• Like 2

Wait an ATRL member was also a victim of this Shangela person?  :eek: 

what the hell kind of name is Shangela… like sham angela? or sh'angel? shanty? gela???

either way, i'll read more after i sleep but how disgusting :biblio: I feel for whomever was her victim(s)

sorry ^ maybe this wasn't the time for the first part of my post. hope that didn't offend anyone or seem too tangential or anything like that. 

anyway, I feel for whomever is a victim of this person, like I said before. I also have to add that it's tough coming out as a victim of sexual assault to any capacity so i commend anyone for their bravery and i hope they know that their voices MATTER! i hope justice will be served, and i hope everyone  who this person hurt is safe right now :heart2: 

People need to stop shutting this down and allow the victims to speak. It's very weird that 5 people are coming out and saying the exact same thing about Shangela. Gross that people have been trying to cover this up. 

I hope the victims are doing well (had no idea one of them was a fellow ATRLer).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I didn't know who Shangela was until I realized it's one of the drag queens in A Star Is Born. I'm honestly speechless and Conservatives are obviously projecting btw. I'm shocked knowing an ATRL user was one of the victims. Hopefully BJ aka Shangela goes to jail

55 minutes ago, Green said:

Wait an ATRL member was also a victim of this Shangela person?  :eek: 

See the screengrabs from the ATRL link mentioned in the Rolling Stone story. As of now there's not a subscription block.

I'll be bumping this thread when I can with any legal developments or other Ru girl revelation fallout which is all inevitable at this point.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, FightForTanas said:

You cant send someone to jail for an accusation and that is a GOOD thing.

Aged horribly

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

I hope Drag Race drops Shangela or never mention her again. 

Define “drops". 

Jaremi isn't in any of their season's promo videos since at least Covid if not prior, and I think that'll be the extent of what they do with Shangela, whose time had already run its course.

The days of Jujubee constant promotion with that show as the only vehicle for a career (outside of one more All Star run) are over.

10 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Aged horribly

There's a lot to unpack here, but we've already had what appears to be one settlement according to Rolling Stone. It's either that (and I'm not a lawyer), a civil, or criminal case (dependent on statute of limitation laws that have recently been drastically reformed) for the other victim's next steps.

The reason no one's spoken up is no one wants to be sued. Clearly DJ's lawyer is already throwing their weight around.

Sherry Pie's been brought up a lot in comparison but the difference is they never built up nearly the influence, fanbase and followers. Then there's the political angle, which was already correctly countered here as a broad brush that would be applied regardless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.