Buckingham Palace aide resigns amidst racism scandal

Living To Tell

White people stop asking "Where are you from, where are you really from, where are your parents from?" challenge

This aide was also in charge of "helping" Meghan btw...she tried to warn everyone but alas

She's also close with Camila :redface:

Edited by Wolf Alice

12 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

White people stop asking "Where are you from, where are you really from, where are your parents from?" challenge

This. I get asked this all the time (I'm second-generation Latino living in the United States.) My parents and half my grandparents were born here. 

When people ask (mostly randos on Grindr) "where are you from?" And I say Chicago, they follow up with a "no, but like what are you?" which is even worse.

I actually get this question a lot from fellow Latinos, more so than white people though. Which is interesting.

It's amazing how many people don't believe this sort of thing happens, as if it doesn't happen ALL OF THE TIME. Its either that or people just continue to turn a blind eye to being an unhinged bigot and a nuisance in public. Like the outrage that occurred when Meghan accused a member of the royal family making racially inappropriate comments towards her unborn baby is NOT out of the ordinary. It happens literally everywhere, with every minority, at every job, at every outing, in every type of relationship, etc.

43 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Are you ashamed of you origin? :confused:

1 hour ago, cockatoo said:

i get asked this so many times on dating apps. once this white guy told me my english is “really good!” even though i was born and raised in an english speaking country :redface:

2 hours ago, XVIIII said:

This. I get asked this all the time (I'm second-generation Latino living in the United States.) My parents and half my grandparents were born here. 

When people ask (mostly randos on Grindr) "where are you from?" And I say Chicago, they follow up with a "no, but like what are you?" which is even worse.

I actually get this question a lot from fellow Latinos, more so than white people though. Which is interesting.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to ask where someone’s family roots/heritage comes from, as long as it’s not being used maliciously - as SH is clearly doing. I’ve asked what people’s heritage is just because I’m genuinely curious about other peoples ancestry and I love learning about other cultures. :lakitu:

Edited by Fuecoco

20 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

i get asked this so many times on dating apps. once this white guy told me my english is “really good!” even though i was born and raised in an english speaking country :redface:

Yup, that’s weird. I mean, I’ve said that same thing before but only if I know English isn’t their first language. :lakitu:

2 hours ago, cockatoo said:

It’s not just a “white person” thing to ask where someone’s REALLY from, it’s a universal question. I’m white and I’ve been asked many times what my roots were from people of color, and as long as people aren’t asking that question to be an *******, I see nothing wrong with it. :swan:

Edited by Fuecoco

2 hours ago, LeMésTragique said:

Are you ashamed of you origin? :confused:

If someone is that desperate to know about someone else's racial ancestry or ethnic background, they should know what they want to talk about in the first place. The answer to "where are you REALLY from" is the same to the one for "where are you from". 

How the hell you're going to ask someone their nationality and then say to them you're upset because they gave the actual answer to your question? please. :priceless:

Edited by Scars

Prince William's racist godmother is called Lady Hussey

meghan-markle-cry-laughing.jpg

Why didn't she say where her parents came from? I love to answer this question when I am asked and say my parents came from Poland. It's always interesting to know where others come from ethnically - assuming the person knows. The lady also didn't know how to ask properly :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.