Imagine Dragons - I Don't Like Myself

Mr. Loco

It's been a couple months, but I searched and there was no thread for it :eli:, which is a shame because sometime it's such a relatable song, another gem from Imagine Dragons :clap3:

Their victimhood and defeatist musical schtick is getting tiring. They make Maroon 5 look so original in comparison. Sorry but the song sounds bad, just like their last three albums.

one of most misunderstood album of the year, its theme is sensational fragile and touching topics that easily overlooked because it's from imagine dragon.

i feel for the song and that's all the matter.

1 hour ago, Zoomer said:

Their victimhood and defeatist musical schtick is getting tiring. They make Maroon 5 look so original in comparison. Sorry but the song sounds bad, just like their last three albums.

Their music has always been primarily about depression, self-loathing, grief and similiar topics since Night Visions. Idk what you expect them to do.

I agree a big part of their music as gotten cringe and basic as it could get, but they still have some amazing songs here and there. This is ok.

22 hours ago, The Next Day said:

Their music has always been primarily about depression, self-loathing, grief and similiar topics since Night Visions. Idk what you expect them to do.

That's right, but their music la great at it as the main singer suffers from depression in real life, so the music really gets to you

1 hour ago, Mr. Loco said:

That's right, but their music la great at it as the main singer suffers from depression in real life, so the music really gets to you

Yes, that's why I didn't understand the comment. There's a lot of fair criticism of their music that I don't agree with but it is what it is, people can't like everything. But criticizing Dan for being authentic in his lyrics? Not on this forum, please, where Taylor Swift is regarded as a songwriting genius and she's just as authentic in her topics.

Edited by The Next Day

12 hours ago, The Next Day said:

Yes, that's why I didn't understand the comment. There's a lot of fair criticism of their music that I don't agree with but it is what it is, people can't like everything. But criticizing Dan for being authentic in his lyrics? Not on this forum, please, where Taylor Swift is regarded as a songwriting genius and she's just as authentic in her topics.

Agree totally, ATRL is so biased sometimes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.