Cardi B: "I don't gotta put another album if I want too "

SmittenCake

This is why artists like Taylor will always be leagues above these new ones even nearly two decades in. All the new artists seem to just hate their fans or not actually that interested in making music

Edited by Redstreak

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iaintiffin

• FightForTanas

• SmittenCake

• TheHiveMind

2 hours ago, dabunique said:

like her drive is nonexistent these last two years

what happened to dat Hustler who was putting out mixtapes left and right and rolling out a debut album pregnant  

she keeps da stans fed with droplets but its getting annoying how she wants to take dem for granted

Doja has dropped three albums, Meg has dropped two albums and mixtapes and they're not as huge as her

I think her drive slowed down a bit after having multiple kids and she won heavy so she proved many points.

Behind the scenes she's setting up her business empire. From Fashion Nova to Reebok and continuing to thrive, Playboy, Whipshots (only in 14 states selling millions and apparently the holiday peppermint flavored one sold out three times already), that new deal with Sirius Radio and the other company. 

It's rumored that she is securing a baby clothing line with Offset, make up line, haircare line, nail line and possible wig line probably rolled out in 2023/2024.

Apparently she was going to release an album in 2020 but it had an entirely different sound and she changed direction.

It seems like she wants to secure her business deals so that if her new eras don't do well she will have the GP support for her product line at least.

It seems like she hasn't been in the studio in awhile...I think the album is ready to go and they've spent q4 (while tomorrow 2 is out) to getting things mastered/mixed and prepping the rollout for 2023.

Do I believe she wants to tour? Maybe. Do I believe she will tour because she feels she owes the fans? Yes. Her little 2019 mini tour did 1M a show and she turned down a 80M tour deal after WAP because she felt she could make more. 

It seems she is spending alot of time with family and has hinted that 2023 is going to be a very busy years. All signs point to her releasing Cb2 in 2023 going on tour and promoting it and then she can further pursue her acting career. She has stated that she wants to put out CB2 so that she can move forward into other areas so I think she wants to prove a final point with CB2 and then go into other ventures and then eventually put out her joint album with Offset, a latin album and then a soundtrack to her biopic and her 5 album deal is done unless she releases unreleased material and puts them into additional albums.

I think her point is she's paid and doesn't have to put out another album. She's not obligated to put out another album and putting out too much material because some others (not just rap) are obligated because they have not hit a Rihanna Fenty/Cardi Whipshots/Britney fragrance line/Beyonce Ivy Park set up so music and touring are top priority for most.

Everytime she speaks about the album it's as if she has it done already and they are just waiting to roll it out according to plan.

is5jWj0.gif

On 11/29/2022 at 1:20 AM, Jack. said:

Cardi isn’t an artist, she’s an entrepreneur who likes money. She has no good reason to release “music” anytime soon. Honestly, f### her lmao 

This.

She did say that she came into the game to make money so.

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen :rip: The reason the average is so high is literally because it was only 7 shows

ZT8VSro.png 

She's right..Cardi can eat off that CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED, RECORD BREAKING, GRAMMY AWARD WINNING album for the rest of her life. She sure as hell didn't lie :fan:

33 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen :rip: The reason the average is so high is literally because it was only 7 shows

ZT8VSro.png 

hype-lit.gif 

4 hours ago, mellenthin said:

ZT8VSro.png 

That's now how math automatically works. Plenty of people have low grossing shows where the more number of shows the lower it will be but her shows had plenty of 1-1.2M shows to maintain a 1M gross per show if shows were added.

that said, it'll be interesting to see the numbers when she comes out with a new album and ww tour.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:14 PM, PoisonCandy said:

Stuff like this makes you realise who's in it for the music and who's in it solely for the money.

Her whole brand is about money so it shouldn't be a surprise by now.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:41 PM, TheHiveMind said:

Her grammar is horrible because she is Latina :gaycat7:

No, it's not because of that :rip:

Her parents are Caribbean but she has lived her whole life in the US. She just does whatever she wants with vocabulary :bam:

please don’t 

Good, she's the reason the standards for female rappers are on the ground. The garbage is knee-deep now.

Of course she doesn’t have to do anything, and I agree that fans often feel entitled (and they’re often super demanding). However, Cardi’s attitude towards her fans lately has also been rather nasty. I think she’s released enough single material since IOP that she could afford to be a bit nicer to her fans who just want to know what’s next. I say this as a fan since day one. 

Drop CB2 anyways because I can't keep listening to your two mixtapes + IOP. Queen of Rap. 

She’s insufferable. Plus i love how Cardi is getting a pass complaining and clapping back at everyone online but yah’ll dragged Iggy for doing the same thing 2014-2017

On 11/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, PoisonCandy said:

Stuff like this makes you realise who's in it for the music and who's in it solely for the money.

and which one is cardi? if she wanted money wouldn’t she release more music?

her grammar :skull: 

6 minutes ago, Saint James said:

and which one is cardi? if she wanted money wouldn’t she release more music?

No. She's already set for life.

She is not releasing cuz She know her singles are flopping

22 minutes ago, willmcclure9 said:

her grammar :skull: 

That's what I was thinking too, no way she doesn't have plenty of ghostwriters :dies:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

8 hours ago, xmrw0nqzlifex said:

She’s insufferable. Plus i love how Cardi is getting a pass complaining and clapping back at everyone online but yah’ll dragged Iggy for doing the same thing 2014-2017

Iggy is a cosplaying white woman from Australia with a fake and forced rap style so its was inevitable she was gonna catch all the heat.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:19 PM, slw84 said:

Everytime she speaks about the album it's as if she has it done already and they are just waiting to roll it out according to plan.

is5jWj0.gif

I don't think so, people think that artists at a certain level have loads of songs in a vault somewhere - but I see it more as Atlantic find the beats, collaboraters when the time is right, go in a meeting with Cardi and work out the album from there and then record. 

Invasion of Privacy had:

• Darrale Jones – A&R direction
  • Brooklyn Johnn – A&R direction
  • Craig Kallman – A&R direction
  • Lanre Gaba – A&R project management
  • Marsha St. Hubert – marketing direction

Plus, in the Angela Yee interview she said she was looking for THE pop record and the big latin track. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, Speaker Phone said:

She can do whatever she wants but **** me do I miss real artists. Imagine anyone in the '80s or '90s saying this. :rip: It's a PRIVILEGE that you're famous and your art should drive you.

This

OT: Sophomore albums are super tricky for artists with big debuts. She doesn’t write so she probably just hasn’t found the right songs to where she can confidently put out a follow up to IOP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.