Mariah co-producing Broadway’s "Some Like It Hot"

killer_rose

Mariah Carey Joins Producing Team Of Broadway’s ‘Some Like It Hot’

carey.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Mariah Carey has signed on as a co-producer of the new musical comedy Some Like It Hot.

“When Neil Meron shared this new take on the beloved film,” said Carey in a statement, “I knew I had to be a part of it. To see how this show continues to expand on the film’s legacy – pushing boundaries, promoting inclusion, celebrating diversity – I’m proud to help bring Some Like It Hot for today’s world to new audiences.”

Mariah Carey Joins Producing Team Of Broadway’s ‘Some Like It Hot’ – Deadline

the way this is a backdoor way for celebrities to get an EGOT now that Jennifer won one  :rip: 

slay I guess 

28 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

the way this is a backdoor way for celebrities to get an EGOT now that Jennifer won one  :rip: 

slay I guess 

Mariah’s had a long-term love of everything Marilyn and has done a lot behind the scenes to preserve her legacy.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah’s had a long-term love of everything Marilyn and has done a lot behind the scenes to preserve her legacy.

Is that why she jumped on after the fact the show is already on Broadway and doing well?  She’s leeching for a Tony.

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Is that why she jumped on after the fact the show is already on Broadway and doing well?  She’s leeching for a Tony.

That’s nonsensical. Most of her Marilyn efforts have not even publicized - like saving her mother’s piano from auction. 

Her Marilyn admiration (obsession) is long-documented. It makes sense for her to become involved in supporting this production grow as it’s still in the preview stage.

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

That’s nonsensical. Most of her Marilyn efforts have not even publicized - like saving her mother’s piano from auction. 

Her Marilyn admiration (obsession) is long-documented. It makes sense for her to become involved in supporting this production grow as it’s still in the preview stage.

I know a producer on this show. So.

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

:ahh: 

and even if you were IG mutuals or smn with a producer from the show, that doesn’t tell you an artist’s motivation for joining the production team. A woman with a lifelong love of Marilyn joining the production team and starting the board meeting with, “Ok, let’s get me an Emmy!!” :ahh: 

y’all just want to be mad this time of year.

15 minutes ago, Tusk said:

wow you do?:clap3:why are they leeching for a tony then?

This is honestly really cute because I know her affection for Marilyn Monroe, but tell me how it’s any different from a person “joining” the producing team of a movie after it’s already released :deadbanana:

5 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

This is honestly really cute because I know her affection for Marilyn Monroe, but tell me how it’s any different from a person “joining” the producing team of a movie after it’s already released :deadbanana:

Bc this is in preview stage, so celebrities sometimes join to financially support Broadway productions as they expand. There isn’t always the studio conglomerate you find financing film productions through distribution.

52 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

and that’s amazing, but publicly announcing she’s joining the production team of a musical that has been on development for years, and that is literally days away from opening is not very subtle. the article even clocks that 

oh i didn't know that half of the queens of Broadway's Six had already left the show.

hicks should certainly get more attention not having to share stagetime with 5 other ladies.

looks like the show's doing kinda badly though; 76% tickets sold, avg $75? 

Edited by fridayteenage

27 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

and that’s amazing, but publicly announcing she’s joining the production team of a musical that has been on development for years, and that is literally days away from opening is not very subtle. the article even clocks that 

You’re so angry [/LisaRinna]

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

no one is angry here sis 

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

They really are. "Mariah is joining a show that's been in development for years" acting like this show itself isn't based off of a movie-musical that's been available for everyone to enjoy for the last 60 years :toofunny2: 

3 hours ago, Tusk said:

What if she is? So what? Your producer friend shouldn't care either. :rip:

Queen of Broadway :clap3:

Not like the producers didn't have the opportunity to say no. They obviously see this partnership as beneficial. Why the other posters in here have a problem with it assumes that the producers lacked agency in that decision. 

Get that Tony, Queen of Christmas. 

Edited by Ibrahim

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.