Leo DiCaprio almost missed out on 'Titanic' ...acted like a diva, says James Cameron

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

ebdd656746f34bd48e3eda9bf5cf1bc0_md.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio almost dropped the ball on arguably one of his biggest roles ... according to "Titanic" director James Cameron, who says he almost showed the actor the door when he came to an audition with some serious 'tude.

James spilled it all Tuesday ... saying he asked Leo to come during the audition process to do a chemistry test with Kate Winslet -- who had already landed the part of Rose.

In a GQ interview, James claims LD thought he was just coming in to meet Kate ... but when he found out he'd be reading lines with her, he replied, "You mean I'm Reading? Oh, I don't read."

4cb4299ece614fdba921b03b80b1d4a1_md.jpg

James wasn't gonna put up with the attitude, and says he told Leo he could either read with Kate or lose out on the role ... telling him, "I'm not gonna f*** it up by making the wrong decision in casting."

f9e1e8118ad24f00a7e09a5f3243e4d1_md.jpg

He says the actor begrudgingly agreed to do it, keeping things super negative ... right up until James yelled "Action." James claims Leo instantly "turned into Jack," and he knew at that point Leo was the king of the world.

As you know, this was a titular role for the actor -- launching him into a world of successful films soon after. The movie ended up winning 11 Oscars, but Leo never got a nom for his iconic performance.

But, here's the real question: who was Cameron's backup plan? Who the hell would've painted Rose like one of their French girls?!?

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/23/leonardo-dicaprio-titanic-james-cameron-attitude-kate-winslet/?adid=social-fb&fbclid=IwAR2FMe5ywX7lYaRVd_T8yqHAWh86IELnRxz8mEdfGUJ5s_nH1Q5HZvETBxM

The story is right at the beginning but keep watching cause he tells some iconic stories from his iconic films :coffee2:

22 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

In a GQ interview, James claims LD thought he was just coming in to meet Kate ... but when he found out he'd be reading lines with her, he replied, "You mean I'm Reading? Oh, I don't read."

spacer.png

I mean he was THE STAR and carried the whole movie. Sets, wigs and corsets were cute tho

Lol that attitude almost cost him the role of his lifetime 

2 hours ago, LadyDiana said:

I mean he was THE STAR and carried the whole movie. Sets, wigs and corsets were cute tho

This is sheer bullshit if you think Kate (and others) didn't also deliver

JC imagined River Phoenix when he wrote the role. Leo wouldn’t have got the role if River didn’t die

1 hour ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

JC imagined River Phoenix when he wrote the role. Leo wouldn’t have got the role if River didn’t die

Life is so crazy because Leo saw River a few hours before River’s death :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Wow such an insensitive thing to say.

But LINA MORGANA and him probably had a great conversation about it.

Not him acting like a diva just cuz he landed a couple cute roles :psyduck: still gives off entitled ******* energy tbh

4 hours ago, Keter said:

It’s amazing how swiftly this man became unattractive. 

2 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

hes so ugly (but a great actor nonetheless)

glee-rachel-berry.gif

It’s the coke bloat for me :redface:

He was so hot back then I wouldn’t care. But luckily he had talent to back it up. 

:jonny5:

I hate you all for the Lea Michele gifs. :rip:

OT: This is just so entitled. James Cameron is a better person than me as I wouldn’t have given Leo the role out of spite. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.