Shakira Will Fight Back! Accuses Prosecutors Of Smear Campaign!

BOOM!

Shakira is firing back at Spanish prosecutors, claiming she's the victim of a smear campaign and has the receipts to prove it.

The singer filed legal docs Friday in Spain, answering allegations she failed to pay more than $14 million in taxes for income earned from 2012 through 2014.

Shakira says during that period, she was NOT a resident of Spain. According to the laws of the country, she's required to pay taxes if she spends 183 days or more there in a single year.

She says during the period in question, she actually paid $10,141,075 in taxes to the U.S. government -- this is the time when she appeared as a coach on "The Voice." She says she was not in Spain for the requisite period of time -- 183 days.

Prosecutors are seeking an 8-year prison sentence and a $24 million fine if she's convicted in the upcoming trial, but she says in new legal docs she's paid more than $90 mil to Spain's version of Uncle Sam.

According to the legal docs, Shakira declared herself a tax resident of Spain in 2015, after settling there with her family and enrolling her son in school.

Shakira claims the government is also gunning for her failure to pay in 2011 ... she says she was on a global tour and only spend a grand total of 60 days in the country.

She says prosecutors have violated her right of privacy and the presumption of innocence by putting her on blast the way they have. She calls it a smear campaign.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/25/shakira-tax-fraud-spain-defense-smear-campaign/

Are you with the Queen!?

shakira-dancing.gif

Ofc she had the hidden guns.

She's a very smart person and I never doubted her. But I do have to admit it was quite funny seeing her become this meme.

I don’t believe her at this point. Maybe if she wasn’t listed in the Panama and Pandora papers and wasn’t claiming residency in a known tax haven I’d give her the benefit of the doubt. Also, being in the country for more than half the year is not the sole qualification for residency.

Is she a billionaire or how the hell did she already paid $90 million takes to Spain? :skull:

Wow. She’s already paid so much in taxes to Spain and they still want more. Yikes. 

She probably does have a case for the year she was touring and when she was already paying taxes in the U.S. 

I doubt she’s going to announce any major project or tour until after she leaves Spain next year, so they can’t get anymore of her money. 

She’s already paid them $90 mil? What more do they want… all jokes aside that’s disgusting at this point. They want to make an example of her and at this point just looking petty because her legal team is not backing down.

from the looks of it, no tour until all of this is resolved. the most we’ll get is album 2023 because come January she’ll be back in Miami. 

5 hours ago, ToxicKiss92 said:

Is she a billionaire or how the hell did she already paid $90 million takes to Spain? :skull:

There’s a lot Shakira doesn’t report. Her net worth has been at 300-350 mill since the fixation eras or 2010 eras.

despite her name coming up on the Panama papers, she has made some smart choices with projects/real estate, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is close to being a billionaire. 

The struggling Spanish government wants Shakira to pay up and fix their failing economy. End them, Shak!!!

Colombia has been free of Spanish colonial control for over 200 years and yet Spain is still finding ways to terrorize its citizens. #FreeShaki!!!! :redface:

Pay up sis, the courts are calling and you ain't fooling no one. Show us the evidence of your innocence.

She'll expose the IRS and their well-known fraudulent ways in the upcoming trial. They'd better back down.

She ain't winning. 

She can bring all the 'receipts' she wants, the prosecutors have her on camera in Barcelona, going to the gym, the hairdresser and out and about with friends for the time she says she wasn't in Barcelona, so :toofunny3:

Edited by igninton

1 hour ago, igninton said:

She ain't winning. 

She can bring all the 'receipts' she wants, the prosecutors have her on camera in Barcelona, going to the gym, the hairdresser and out and about with friends for the time she says she wasn't in Barcelona, so :toofunny3:

That was Uncle Kelbo :redface:

I fuckijg knew it that she wouldn't be so dumb and ruin her career over not paying taxes when she has hundreds of millions Chile 

No wonder she was always unbothered

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.