Jump to content

Judas vs. 2011 US Billboard #1's . Her revenge?


Mr. Stratus
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jay07

    2

  • Jjang

    3

  • Mr. Stratus

    2

  • UThinkUrMovinOnBut

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Hold It Against Me :deadbanana4:

 

Truly forgotten, her worst lead single choice ever and low key started the downward trend in her career. "3" should've been the lead single.

Girl “3” is not even from the same album :skull:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

300K without TikTok is more impressive than 500K with TikTok because once the song is no longer viral, people will be back to not streaming it. 

 

No revenge since it's still 200+M streams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pressed paninis in here :dies:

 

OT: Yes, Judas WON. Even if the trend dies down, it will most probably stabilize at higher daily streams than before and higher than a lot of songs that peaked above it in the top 10 and were much bigger. So yes, it won.

 

558050664_giphy(1).thumb.gif.273ee52f3cb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

300K without TikTok is more impressive than 500K with TikTok because once the song is no longer viral, people will be back to not streaming it. 

 

No revenge since it's still 200+M streams. 

TBH, these “tik tok trends” never seem to really wear off completely. I’ve noticed this both for Gaga and many other artists before her. If the song was doing 150k before it went viral on TT, it won’t fall back that low again.

 

Tiktok trends do help songs get exposed to new listeners that will come back and listen to it again. 
 

Look at Harleys in Hawaii for example. It went viral and was doing 700k at some point more than a year ago. Before it went viral it wasn’t even scratching past 100k and now it has stabilised at around 300-400k daily. 
 

Government Hooker, an album track doing 15k streams/day went viral almost a year ago and it has now stabilised at around 100k daily. 
 

There’s countless more examples of this…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Tiktok Payola and the album still has the lowest streams out of any “smash” 10’s album (or even albums like 4) :redface:

Where was ‘the tiktok Payola’ when your fave Katy was benefitting from it :toofunny2: Judas is outstreaming entire discography’s sooo :redface: 

 

39 minutes ago, coolblue said:

Its just due to tik tok... it will be back to pushing 13k streams per day once this tik tok craze is over.. lets not act like its doing these numbers on its own.. Love Judas but gotta be realistic

It NEVER did 13k. It was doing 200k in 2020. Girl Stop. this is about Judas not hold it against me so stop being defensive resorting to lies :priceless: 

 

Idc about the other #1s, I’m showing Judas became a tiktok hit for her btw. Streaming can change everything 

Edited by Mr. Stratus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gag is atrlers really live inside a bubble where gaga’s music are outdated. but somehow a lot of btw tracks are tiktok hits. which is a gauge of what gen z are listening. ie: i encounter edits of bayonetta with bloody mary etc etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I see is Katy having two #1 hits above Gaga's massive, life-changing, revolutionary classic Born This Way, but congrats on Judas' cute quick viral moment. :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dr.Cake said:

TBH, these “tik tok trends” never seem to really wear off completely. I’ve noticed this both for Gaga and many other artists before her. If the song was doing 150k before it went viral on TT, it won’t fall back that low again.

 

Tiktok trends do help songs get exposed to new listeners that will come back and listen to it again. 
 

Look at Harleys in Hawaii for example. It went viral and was doing 700k at some point more than a year ago. Before it went viral it wasn’t even scratching past 100k and now it has stabilised at around 300-400k daily. 
 

Government Hooker, an album track doing 15k streams/day went viral almost a year ago and it has now stabilised at around 100k daily. 
 

There’s countless more examples of this…

Well said. Also Kesha Backstabber also stabilised in to her top 5 most popular song on her Spotify page and many other songs. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok I love Brit but that HIAM number is the elephant in the room 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Hold It Against Me :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

 

ET's streams are tragic (even combined with the solo) for how big it was too :rip: 

I kind of hope Katy removes the Kanye remix version of E.T. someday, I have always hated it. The bridge on the original is the best part of the entire song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hold it against me wtf :rip:

 

truly one of the weakest #1s ever

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of these songs make 400k or more streams daily and not just for a viral cute moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

These revenge threads would have some kind of sense if a song overstreams the total of some other song. At the point it's a revenge.

 

But Judas has 237M total streams and Firework 747M.

Judas is taking 100K streams more daily. At this rate it only needs 5100 days to surpass Fireworks. That means almost 14 years. Good luck to her :spin:

right? this type of comparisson is so stupid

Judas was doing awful numbers before it went viral

Edited by LastGreatBloodline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, a top 3 on BTW deserved :clap3: #justice

 

TGIF :eek: weekend anthem

 

E.T. :deadbanana2: honestly one of the best songs from that album but I have no idea why it smashed as hard as it did back in the day, it's not too GP-friendly I feel. I guess she was just so big coming off of Firework. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HIAM aged like milk, its stream are still wack tho lol.

 

Judas is doing nice but let's not like as if it's not going viral right now therefore it should pull more streams that those other songs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Where was ‘the tiktok Payola’ when your fave Katy was benefitting from it :toofunny2: Judas is outstreaming entire discography’s sooo :redface: 

Repeating that Katy is my fave won't make it true :confused:

 

But at least Katy's Tiktok payola lasted since HIW (an album track) went viral more than a year ago and yet still to this day out-streams all of Chromatica incl. the singles. Her tiktok payola worked better unlike Gaga's brief lasting payola (like her relevance) :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

Tiktok Payola

Why would she invest money payola'ing a 2011 song? :redface:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

Why would she invest money payola'ing a 2011 song? :redface:

I'm just following the OP's logic so ask him! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HIAM 16k :priceless: Britney's music is so forgotten

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor HIAM but honestly TTWE should've been lead, arguably her worst lead single ever.

 

Judas on the other hand, no, it remains her worst single, I remember being so disappointed she was basically replicating PF/BR all over again. Glad TEOG saved the day, now that was a worthy BTW follow up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...